Gay dads may make better parents according to a major new study

Status
Not open for further replies.

More proof that gay men play an integral role is providing homes for the more than 125,000 children awaiting adoption is the US ( Foster care in the U.S. - number of children waiting for adoption 2018 | Statista )

Highlights of the study:

The study looked at a total of 92 fathers as well as their 46 children, each aged between 1 and 6 years of age. The families were all adoptive, and mainly came together using adoption services of the Centre intégré universitaire de santé et de services sociaux (CIUSSS)

Approximately 1/3 of the children in the care of CIUSS are adopted by gay fathers, which has been legal in Quebec since 2002.

What researchers found were that these parents were highly involved in their children’s lives, with both parents sharing the duties.

Both parents also displayed a wider palette of expression with their children versus straight couples. “They could be playmates, caregivers, protectors, role models, morality guides,” noted FeugĂ©.

View attachment 323044

“What’s really interesting is that they don’t conform to roles of conventional fathers,” added FeugĂ©. “They were able to redefine and propose new models of cultural notions of paternity and masculinity.”
I‘m glad I never had to explain having parents of the same sex to friends when I was growing up. lol
And when was that? It might come as a surprise to you but kids today don't have a problem with it, probobly know someone who is gay or someone who has same sex parents
You can tell yourself whatever you want. Kids don't want gay parents.

No doubt that there are some kids that are not happy about having gay parents, but it is rather arrogant and ignorant to make a blanket statement that no kids want gay parents. You can't possibly know that.

You could also find kids who are not happy about having bigots for parents. Or holy rollers.
It's arrogant and stupid to think any kid would be happy having gay parents over normal ones.

COLAGE unites people with lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or queer parents and caregivers into a network of peers and supports them as they nurture and empower each other to be skilled, self-confident, and just leaders in our collective communities.
You seem to be having an unhealthy and abnormal fixation on children, TheProgressivePatriot. Why is that?

The discussion is about parenting jackass!! Be careful with that slanderous shit. Be very fucking careful!
Take a good look at the time you've spent trying to convince others that people like you are better parents. It's perfectly normal to question why you're so fixated on this topic.

More proof that gay men play an integral role is providing homes for the more than 125,000 children awaiting adoption is the US ( Foster care in the U.S. - number of children waiting for adoption 2018 | Statista )

Highlights of the study:

The study looked at a total of 92 fathers as well as their 46 children, each aged between 1 and 6 years of age. The families were all adoptive, and mainly came together using adoption services of the Centre intégré universitaire de santé et de services sociaux (CIUSSS)

Approximately 1/3 of the children in the care of CIUSS are adopted by gay fathers, which has been legal in Quebec since 2002.

What researchers found were that these parents were highly involved in their children’s lives, with both parents sharing the duties.

Both parents also displayed a wider palette of expression with their children versus straight couples. “They could be playmates, caregivers, protectors, role models, morality guides,” noted FeugĂ©.

View attachment 323044

“What’s really interesting is that they don’t conform to roles of conventional fathers,” added FeugĂ©. “They were able to redefine and propose new models of cultural notions of paternity and masculinity.”
I‘m glad I never had to explain having parents of the same sex to friends when I was growing up. lol
And when was that? It might come as a surprise to you but kids today don't have a problem with it, probobly know someone who is gay or someone who has same sex parents

No doubt that there are some kids that are not happy about having gay parents, but it is rather arrogant and ignorant to make a blanket statement that no kids want gay parents. You can't possibly know that.

You could also find kids who are not happy about having bigots for parents. Or holy rollers.
It's arrogant and stupid to think any kid would be happy having gay parents over normal ones.

COLAGE unites people with lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or queer parents and caregivers into a network of peers and supports them as they nurture and empower each other to be skilled, self-confident, and just leaders in our collective communities.
You seem to be having an unhealthy and abnormal fixation on children, TheProgressivePatriot. Why is that?

The discussion is about parenting jackass!! Be careful with that slanderous shit. Be very fucking careful!
Take a good look at the time you've spent trying to convince others that people like you are better parents. It's perfectly normal to question why you're so fixated on this topic.

People like me? What the fuck are you talking about? Did I say anything about my sexuality?

And I'm not "fixated" I am advocating. There is an important difference which seems to be beyond your intellectual capacity to comprehend

Highlights of the study:

View attachment 323044

People like me? What the fuck are you talking about? Did I say anything about my sexuality?
I think it's obvious. You certainly aren't 'normal'.

Highlights of the study:

View attachment 323044

1587329539278.png

Highlights of the study:

View attachment 323044

1587329635829.png

It's not slanderous to point out what is obvious.

Everyone can see that you clearly have some sort of abnormal, unhealthy obsession with dragging innocent children into degenerate, immoral sexual perversions. You don't even seem to try to hide it, though you sure get angry when anyone points it out.

But whether anyone points it out or not, we all see it. And whether or not any of us dare to say what it obviously means about you (which runs afoul of one of this forum's rules), we all know.

Highlights of the study:

View attachment 323044

View attachment 325470
I'm glad you shared that meme. It gives us some insight into how you people react when someone disagrees with you.

That response doesn't look like it would equate to a reasonable and healthy environment for any child.

People like me? What the f‱‱‱ are you talking about? Did I say anything about my sexuality?

Again, your angry denials notwithstanding, it's pretty obvious.

If the insufficiently-massive item of slip-on footwear is the correct size, put it on.

I did not deny anything jerk! My sexuality is irrelevant and none of your fucking business. I will not confirm or deny anything about myself because to do so would just validate your bigotry. The fact is that I can give less than a fuck what you think that I am, and for you to make assumptions based on my advocacy for gays is beyond stupid.

What the hell does that mean?

My goodness, PP. Are you angry? You gotta control that, brother. Can't just snap on everyone. Especially if you're gonna be raising kids. Sheesh.

Can't let yourself be driven by emotion. Especially angry, combative emotion. It doesn't stimulate a healthy environment in the home.

Shit, you're gonna have the poor kid afraid to tell you he doesn't like your macaroonies n cheese. And now he's never gonna learn the value of expressing himself and being honest.

But dad...I dunnalike your macaroonies n cheese.

What the hell's that supposed to mean!?!? :mad:

Eventually, the poor kid'll be afraid to ask why he has to wear a dress.

Ya big ol bully.

I'm neither angry or emotional. I am however amazed at the level of stupidity and bigotry being expressed here- although I should be-since I've been around here for a while. I post these things trying to stimulate a rational and objective discussion of the issue-trying to educate people and all that I get is bizarre and inane equine excrement from posters who have not intention of engaging in a rational and factual discussion. If I seem combative, that is why.
Okay. We get it. Two gay guys make better parents than does a man and a woman. So I guess we can dispense with women altogether and then see how far gay parenting gets! You up for that?

My goodness, PP. Are you angry? You gotta control that, brother. Can't just snap on everyone. Especially if you're gonna be raising kids. Sheesh.

Can't let yourself be driven by emotion. Especially angry, combative emotion. It doesn't stimulate a healthy environment in the home.

Shit, you're gonna have the poor kid afraid to tell you he doesn't like your macaroonies n cheese. And now he's never gonna learn the value of expressing himself and being honest.

Ya big ol bully.

I'm neither angry or emotional. I am however amazed at the level of stupidity and bigotry being expressed here- although I should be-since I've been around here for a while. I post these things trying to stimulate a rational and objective discussion of the issue-trying to educate people and all that I get is bizarre and inane equine excrement from posters who have not intention of engaging in a rational and factual discussion. If I seem combative, that is why.
Not true! You denigrated the parenting of a man and a woman to push the “better” part.

Ya big ol bully.

Okay. We get it. Two gay guys make better parents than does a man and a woman. So I guess we can dispense with women altogether and then see how far gay parenting gets! You up for that?
Gay parenting has actually gotten very far

Ya big ol bully.

Not true! You denigrated the parenting of a man and a woman to push the “better” part.

Please post anything that I said denigrating the parenting by a man and a woman. I said that there are characteristics of gay men that are advantageous for parenting but I also said that I am not invested in proving that gay men are universally better. My position is that same sex couple should be treated and viewed equally

Ya big ol bully.

Gay parenting has actually gotten very far
How far can ya get without women? You men growing uteri?

Ya big ol bully.

Please post anything that I said denigrating the parenting by a man and a woman. I said that there are characteristics of gay men that are advantageous for parenting but I also said that I am not invested in proving that gay men are universally better. My position is that same sex couple should be treated and viewed equally
No. You said “better.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back