Off the Grid with Thomas Massie

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
I may have shared this short documentary previously. I can't recall. Anyway, it's certainly relevant to the times.

Winner of Anthem Film Festival's highly-coveted Audience Choice Award. Off the Grid with Thomas Massie is an intimate look at a congressman’s quest for a self-sustainable life on his farm in eastern Kentucky. “My philosophy is live and let live: You don’t worry about what somebody’s doing in their hollow, as long as they don’t worry about what you’re doing in your hollow.”

I'm hesistant to share this blog, for a few reasons. Like really hesitant. It goes back to the grassroots days when we were busy getting our own people elected to local and federal positions.

But I'll share it anyway, it's relevant to the topical. He built his house himself, mostly from materials that were already there.

Last edited:
I've lost track of all the timber frames i've roped up over the years Natural one

But the truth is, the city escapees are descending on Vermont like the biblical plague of locusts right now

And they're all throwing 'federal reserve notes' at the trades faster than we can stuff our pockets

And I'm such a whore about it too!

~S~

I may have shared this short documentary previously. I can't recall. Anyway, it's certainly relevant to the times.

Winner of Anthem Film Festival's highly-coveted Audience Choice Award. Off the Grid with Thomas Massie is an intimate look at a congressman’s quest for a self-sustainable life on his farm in eastern Kentucky. “My philosophy is live and let live: You don’t worry about what somebody’s doing in their hollow, as long as they don’t worry about what you’re doing in your hollow.”

Damn, he's got more cars than I have.

1586816698639.png

Last edited:
fwiw, i've roped quite a few 'stand alones'......as well as 'grid ties' , and i heat via wood boiler here

~S~

This btw is the same guy who put Congress at risk by forcing them to travel back to DC for a vote that was already a done deal.

New Topics

Forum List

Back