Gallup Poll on Abortion - Little Change in People's Mind

I'm completely in favor of contraception
As are about about 99% of pro-lifers (and the majority are fine with the morning after pill).

But if you wake up one day and oops your pregnant, or your girlfriend is pregnant, then you have some mature decisions to make.
True, but I am more sypathetic to teenagers, women in poverty and rape and incest victims. The women in her 20s or 30s I am less sypathetic too, but I am not ready to deny that person an abortion!

Now if you're a man then you have absolutely no say in the matter. You knew what you were doing.
See this is where the man gets screwed. He might say I want an abortion, I don't want this child. I don't have a relationship with the mother and I would pay for the abortion plus some. Yet the woman has the final say. If she has the child against the father's wishes, then he is on the hook for support.

If the father wants the child and would raise the child as a single parent. Allowing the mother to have no responsibility of the child both emotionally and financially, the mother could still opt to have an abortion against the father's wishes.

The father is ALWAYS screwed!

I'll never judge a girl or woman who's had an abortion because God knows what they had to suffer through, and I believe that I have no right to cast the first stone. But I'll have endless respect for the woman who kept the child or who gave it a fighting chance by choosing adoption.
That is because your a liberal scumbag. I am pro-choice, but I would judge a person if they had an abortion. A rape or incest victim. No way in hell would I judge them poorly for having an abortion. I would think that was the right choice! A teenager, same thing. A woman in poverty, ditto. But say someone in my situation. I had 3 kids and we planned to stop there. Then we had a surprise. We didn't considered abortion (even though my wife is extremely liberal - go figure, it's fun in our house during election time, because we balance eachother out). We had the baby and couldn't imagine life without her. I would judge someone poorly if they had an abortion in my situation. Same with a person in their 20s or 30s that had one to a healthy baby!

Wow you're an ass. I should've written that instead.

The civilized world also pays for the abortions, has universal health care and family and medical leave.
We are talking about America, so take your red herring argument about what the world does and shove it up your ass!

Are you saying that a country that let's 1/4 of it's population suffer without health coverage is "Civilized"? Meh, not so much. The problem is, you guys tend to be pretty selective on what parts of the rest of the world you want to emulate.

[
And even the pro-life groups admit that 90% of abortions are performed before 12 weeks, and less than 1.5% are performed after 21 weeks.

Since you are a big time liar, why don't you back up your claim with a source?

You know why I usualy don't post links, Spanky. It's because I have yet to have one of you wingnuts acknowledge the source was correct.

Q & A about Abortion

• Gestational Age Percentage Yearly Total
    Less than 9 weeks 61.8% 749,232
    9-10 weeks 17.1% 207,312
    11-12 weeks 9.1% 110,324
    13-15 weeks 6.6% 80,015
    16-20 weeks 3.8% 46,069
    21+ weeks 1.5% 18,185 -

[
If 90% are in the first 12 weeks, then why not make the the deadline for abortion and have narrow exceptions, like birth defects and mother's life is in danger, thereafter? I mean if you are only effecting 10%, what difference does it make?

Well, because I don't want politicians and law enforcement second guessing doctors and patients... and neither would you if it were any other subject BESIDES abortion.

SOmething about abortion turns small government libertarians into sexual Stalinsts....

Freud would have a field day...

Liberals love to talk about abortion, women's rights to their vagina management, free condoms for the poor, inequality, god, and social ills....and then bitch about cons for talking about the same.

That majority is for pro life 48%
Pro choice is 45%
The majority of Americans is for abortion only for health reasons

Pro life is starting to rise in our young Americans because of 3D ultrasound images.
It shows that the left has been lying all along and that it is a baby and not a blob.

3D image at 9 weeks
http://www.ehd.org/images/imagegal/8to16weeks/11weeksbig.jpg

When you have an abortion it rips this little baby's Head, Arms and Legs off.

Can you define pro-life? If it's no abortions no exceptions then America is far from pro-life majority.

I personally want abortion laws to be like this (and set at the federal, not state level):
(1) Abortion is legal for all up to 12 weeks (aka the first trimester.
(2) Exception up thereafter for detected birth defects, mother's life is in danger and incest and rape victim (maybe cap that at 20 weeks). Teens get exception up 20 weeks also.
(3) All abortions have a 2 day waiting period (but that can't be grounds to toss you out of the SOL date). Abortionist shall provide information on alternatives such as adoption (including open adoptions).
(4) POSSIBLE FATHER's RIGHT (not sure I embrace it) - Father's right: The father has a LIMITED time to get this done. He must prepare petition within the 1st month of pregnancy and have a resolution prior to the start of the 3rd month. A father can petition the court to rights for the child. However, they can't petition for grounds for a preliminary injunction against the abortion. There must be a final court order prior to the third month. Father is under the HIGH burden of proof to show he has the means and assets to pay for the high costs during the pregnancy. Pregnancy can't be conceived under rape or incest.

The father is then under a legal duty (both criminal and civil duty):
(1) To pay for the prenatal care: mother's medical bills, medication, prenatal medicine, nursing assistance if needed. Etc.
(2) Monthly compensate mother for her discomfort.
(3) Compensate mother for anytime she has to take off of work.
(4) Pay for any childcare if the mother has other children.
(5) Other compensation, including mother's legal fees.

After the birth, the mother has no obligation to the child, both legally or financially! The father can not petition any court in these lands for any type of support or maintenance. Consequently the mother gives up all right to the child.

Consequences to Father, if father breaks his obligations:
(1) If broken during the pregnancy, then that gives an exception non-abortions even into the late term, paid for by the father.
(2) The mother get an automatic 2x (meaning 18% now becomes 36%) the statutory child support until the child is 18.
(3) Money is also taken from the father's check for the kids college fund.
(4) Non-dischargable judgments liens are attached to the father's property and/or business.
(5) Criminal charges.

Mother's right to rescind! Prior to the baby becoming 6 months old, the mother can rescind her and have rights to the child.

Forum List

Back