From an actual independent (me)

As I stated, I forgot to add a couple of words. My mistake. The statement has been corrected. Let's move on from it.
The point remains. Party loyalty infects almost everything in our society now. From our school boards to the presidency.
know it doesn't. Party loyalty is good. What is bad is lobbyists who fund a candidate with expectations of something in return, quid pro quo.

I'm not saying it's right. Just the way it is. Lobbyist pay for republicans and democrats alike. People like Ron Paul would never allow a lobbyist to pay for his committee seat. Apparently Massie and Amash didn't allow it either.
That's honorable. Principled conservatives are few and far between.
yep, disallow lobbyist and their fking money. That's my stance. BTW, Trump didn't take a dime from them either, and again you hate him. Dude, that makes you inconsistent with your position.

dude, it would become the norm in the scenario we're discussing. Again, you haven't pointed out the good in doing all of that. Still waiting for your fking point. You keep avoiding posting it.

Maybe you should try reading what I said, slower. The point is obvious. Vetoing bad legislation is necessary. If the veto is overriden, then it's not turned into a law because the president signed it. Therefore it's not on him.

I'm not sure how else to explain it. Why worry about a veto being overridden, when it rarely happens. And even if it does, the president would not be responsible for it.

But as long as the two party's stay in power, even if they flip flop on the majority, then it doesn't even matter to them. I'm not sure about the UK, but over here, if a third party starts gaining tractions, the R & D's will join forces (through the media) to squash that 3rd party.
Then they'll go back to pretending to be enemies.

The tiny country of Ireland has 16 or more established political parties.

Each party has their own platform, and issues that are the most important to them.
Each party ranges from Right to Left and the Extreme Right or Left have their own parties.
In governing ... The parties have to debate, gather consensus and form coalitions to get anything done.

Here in America ... We have two established major parties, any fricken whacked out nutjob is going to be in one of the two parties for the most part.
Because they are fundamentally opposed to each other, they never effectively represent a broader view of what the American people really think.

EVIL!!!!! yes sir. I can call all those evil fks evil fks everyday. Your head will remain up the evil's ass. You're weak.
mwtelFO.jpg

yep, disallow lobbyist and their fking money. That's my stance. BTW, Trump didn't take a dime from them either, and again you hate him. Dude, that makes you inconsistent with your position.

I didn't say a word about Trump taking money from a lobbyist.
I dislike what Trump did.
Spending too much. Banning bump stocks. Approving spending bills with BS in it like gender studies in Pakistan, huge fences in the middle east, Planned Parenthood etc etc.
I didn't like his AHCA bill, that was even worse than Obamacare.
I don't like how he backed out of the trade war with China. Calling it a victory, without actually accomplishing anything. And the same way with NAFTA.
I didn't like him reauthorizing FISA 702 and the patriot act.
All of these things go against conservative principles. So why in TF should I support them? These are things that progressive push for. Not conservatives.

You honestly can't see just how progressive Trump truly is, can you?

The ends of the spectrum are killing us.

Well screw it, Mac ... You know I am not a moderate.
I am pretty sure there will never be a Conservative party full of Classic Liberals.

Just because I believe in a strong Government, with regards to International Affairs, an adequate military to appropriately defend ourselves, sovereign borders ...
And have the common sense necessary to understand that the People can better manage their own personal affairs or concerns at the State or Local level ...
Doesn't mean anyone else should or could agree with that in a number great enough to make a difference.

If you want me to agree with a huge pile of garbage that isn't any of the Federal Government's business to start with,
Just so we can get along ... Fuck You ... :auiqs.jpg:

Last edited:

Which one is ever going to get us where we need to go?
My guess is ... Neither ... :thup:

well again, to vote for no one is a vote for the same old same old. Can't win if you don't at least try or put effort into it. The fact is, the independent vote will never ever happen in society. The slate is full of the common parties. you need a majority in Congress to stand a chance to anything, and the odds of that happening is slim to none. And I believe the none. Trump was an independent, ran as one, didn't take lobbyist money, supported Americans who have been silent it was fking remarkable, and then independent voters backed out and went to no one. huh? Can't make it up. It's like you loaded the pistol and pointed it at your head. helpless is what an independent really is.

well again, to vote for no one is a vote for the same old same old. Can't win if you don't at least try or put effort into it. The fact is, the independent vote will never ever happen in society. The slate is full of the common parties. you need a majority in Congress to stand a chance to anything, and the odds of that happening is slim to none. And I believe the none. Trump was an independent, ran as one, didn't take lobbyist money, supported Americans who have been silent it was fking remarkable, and then independent voters backed out and went to no one. huh? Can't make it up. It's like you loaded the pistol and pointed it at your head. helpless is what an independent really is.

I vote in every election or on every measure up for a vote that I am eligible to ... Even if it is just dog catcher.
The bastard that lost last time still hates the fact someone showed up to vote.

President Trump was Populist more than anything else ... :thup:
Being a Populist by the very nature of itself ensures some of the Independent vote.

Last edited:

I vote in every election or on every measure up for a vote that I am eligible to ... Even if it is just dog catcher.
The bastard that lost last time still hates the fact someone showed up to vote.

President Trump was Populist more than anything else ... :thup:

he was independent, he educated americans that swamp creatures are on both sides of the aisle. We found out that is definitely true. People who don't support americans are running DC. Trump taught us that, people who didn't want to believe that now do. Wuhan was the spectacle that highlighted this for us. It made people do fraudulent things. wow!! comply or else.

Forum List

Back