free speech is not negotiable* Unless you work for Musk

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

You couldnt make this shit up could you. Musk sacks employees who arite a letter critical of the champion of free speech.

How dors this stack up against hjs stated beliefs ?
Their opinion is obviously not valid , or protected in Musk World.
Is it just possible that Mr Musk is a hypocrite ?

Say it aint so.

You couldnt make this shit up could you. Musk sacks employees who arite a letter critical of the champion of free speech.

Say it aint so.

you are really comparing people revolting in their place of employment vs. people as users being banned on a platform that claims to be a platform for everyone?

Sad.

Say it aint so.

Uhhhh, writing a letter that attacks the owner of the company that employs you--you know, the guy who's paying your salary and paying for your benefits--is rarely a good idea. By the way, did you read the letter?

When I worked for Lockheed Martin, I would never have been foolish enough to write a letter that harshly attacked Lockheed Martin over the F-35. even though I thought the F-35 was a disgrace (and still do).

Say it aint so.

You might think about going to school and learning how to SPELL and speak English.

Uhhhh, writing a letter that attacks the owner of the company that employs you--you know, the guy who's paying your salary and paying for your benefits--is rarely a good idea. By the way, did you read the letter?

When I worked for Lockheed Martin, I would never have been foolish enough to write a letter that harshly attacked Lockheed Martin over the F-35. even though I thought the F-35 was a disgrace (and still do).
Ive worked for companies like that. But Ive also worked for companies that welcomed feedback and we were encouraged to voice issues.

Musk sounds like he is as thin skinned as trump. Another authoritarian dictator.

Ive worked for companies like that. But Ive also worked for companies that welcomed feedback and we were encouraged to voice issues.

Musk sounds like he is as thin skinned as trump. Another authoritarian dictator.
Did the companies you worked for encourage you to share that feedback with The Wall Street Journal?

I don't see a problem with firing them. Making a complaint to HR is one thing. Sending a letter to one of the biggest newspapers in the world is another.
I think they circulated it internally and it was picked up by th press. It was also about his twitter shit. Nothing to do with him paying off staff for his sex pest activities. That was a different issue.

WOW... Attacking the guy who pays you is not only bad but will get you fired. Your political beliefs mean exactly squat in your place of employment. Musk is returning free speech to the platform whether they like it or not. The days of censoring those with whom you disagree are over.

Tom get a grip on reality..

Say it aint so.
They signed the employment contract when they took the job.

Musk does not prevent them from saying anything they want to say they still have freedom of speech. He also has freedom of decision making.

Most big corporations have it written in the fine print when you sign on the dotted line.

Jo

I think they circulated it internally and it was picked up by th press. It was also about his twitter shit. Nothing to do with him paying off staff for his sex pest activities. That was a different issue.
Maybe it was an unintentional leak. If so it sucks that they got fired, but it would still be justified. Just about every company I've worked for stipulates in the contract you sign that painting the company in a negative light is a fireable offense.

Also, nobody knows who decided to fire these people. It's a huge company. There's a good chance Elon Musk found out the same time the media and public did.

Writing an open letter to your owner demanding shit isn't saying he sucks.

apples and oranges, you limey fuck.
Maybe they listened to all his free speech nonsense and took him at his word ?
You know , no restrictions on free speech.

What he left out was - unless you are critical of me as supreme being

Maybe it was an unintentional leak. If so it sucks that they got fired, but it would still be justified. Just about every company I've worked for stipulates in the contract you sign that painting the company in a negative light is a fireable offense.

Also, nobody knows who decided to fire these people. It's a huge company. There's a good chance Elon Musk found out the same time the media and public did.
He sets the culture.

Say it aint so.
Tell the queen to fuck off, right in her face, see what happens to you Tommy...

I've always agreed with the left that Twitter's cencorship was justified, as they are a private company. Now the same people I agreed with think being fired by a private company for something you said is authoritarian.

Forum List

Back