Former Senator Carl Levin Passed Away -- RIP

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"Carl Levin, Michigan’s longest-serving senator, has died at the age of 87, Fox News confirmed late Thursday. Levin, a Harvard-educated civil rights attorney and former taxi driver, was known for being a powerful voice on military issues and as a staunch supporter of the auto industry. Former President Obama said in 2013, "If you’ve ever worn the uniform, worked a shift on an assembly line, or sacrificed to make ends meet, then you’ve had a voice and a vote in Sen. Carl Levin."

I remember the guy for being the main one declassifying documents that debunked all of the bullshit claims that Saddam was partly behind 9/11 -- because we saw how that worked out.

"Carl Levin, Michigan’s longest-serving senator, has died at the age of 87, Fox News confirmed late Thursday. Levin, a Harvard-educated civil rights attorney and former taxi driver, was known for being a powerful voice on military issues and as a staunch supporter of the auto industry. Former President Obama said in 2013, "If you’ve ever worn the uniform, worked a shift on an assembly line, or sacrificed to make ends meet, then you’ve had a voice and a vote in Sen. Carl Levin."

I remember the guy for being the main one declassifying documents that debunked all of the bullshit claims that Saddam was partly behind 9/11 -- because we saw how that worked out.

Never was a big fan BUT I'm also not a fan of wishing ill of the dead (with VERY few exceptions. Like Stalin, Pol Pot, etc)

He was well known here in MI.

Never was a big fan BUT I'm also not a fan of wishing ill of the dead (with VERY few exceptions. Like Stalin, Pol Pot, etc)

Anyone who can go from being a former taxi driver to being a Harvard graduate and later a US Senator at least deserves some respect.....When he says he is a union guy, at least he had a union card to prove it

Anyone who can go from being a former taxi driver to being a Harvard graduate and later a US Senator at least deserves some respect.....When he says he is a union guy, at least he had a union card to prove it

I don't disagree with working your way up. I didn't agree with most any of his politics. And never voted for him. But I'm not going to wish ill on him or those who grieve for him.

Unlike, say, liberals on Twitter when a conservative dies.

"former taxi driver"

Jesus...lol! Why do they always put that shit in there? Do they think ANYONE would consider a guy who was in the D.C. power structure for 35 years...."awww that was Carl the taxi driver!...RIP Bud...yer rates were top!"

Great, he was against the Iraq War. However...he voted for nearly every enabler of the war. Greater defense budgets, and increased encroachment on citizens freedoms.
Typical, career, political, shit bag.

Voted against border wall
Voted for NDAA
Voted for Cybersecurity Act of 2012
Patriot Act, and extensions

and the list goes on.

No.

Respect does not come from titles and positions.

Respect comes from what you do in those titles and positions. or it is not given at all.

For many, it's a mixed bag, depending on whether you have the inside on all their skeletons in the closet, which is usually not the case.

"former taxi driver"

Jesus...lol! Why do they always put that shit in there? Do they think ANYONE would consider a guy who was in the D.C. power structure for 35 years...."awww that was Carl the taxi driver!...RIP Bud...yer rates were top!"

Great, he was against the Iraq War. However...he voted for nearly every enabler of the war. Greater defense budgets, and increased encroachment on citizens freedoms.
Typical, career, political, shit bag.

Voted against border wall
Voted for NDAA
Voted for Cybersecurity Act of 2012
Patriot Act, and extensions

and the list goes on.
Obviously, taxi drivers are subpar human beings with no real human worth.

Oh hail might Senators!!

Which helps explain why the government is only interested in police protection for those at the Capital

I don't disagree with working your way up. I didn't agree with most any of his politics. And never voted for him. But I'm not going to wish ill on him or those who grieve for him.

Unlike, say, liberals on Twitter when a conservative dies.
Yet we have a conservative name calling the man already.

glee in someone's death is a human trait, not a party affiliation.

Exactly my feelings. Not a fan of his so that's all I'll say about him. He wasnt an asset to this country

SweetSue92
He was always 100 percent committed to the Marxist American movement .
Just a horrible guy on every level ! Crooked , corrupt and anti American

Forum List

Back