Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Ford puts Mustang, F-150 hybrids and electric SUV on the horizon

4 minutes ago
7 pictures

hybrid-ford-mustang-8.JPG

2017 Ford Mustang (non hybrid)

View gallery - 7 images
One is a prominent member of the best-selling vehicle line in America, and one is the country's most iconic muscle car. Soon they'll both be available as hybrids, as Ford plans to barrage the market with new electrified vehicles over the next five years. The Mustang and F-150 hybrids will be joined by a plug-in Transit van and all-electric SUV with 300-mile (483 km) range.

Ford puts Mustang, F-150 hybrids and electric SUV on the horizon

I am posting this here for Skooks to see that he will be able to buy power but also be green all at the same time!

They should learn from the Class 8 truck manufacturers and sell Glider kits.

A Glider kit is a partial rolling chassis with body, wired and ready to go...minus drive train (get it...glider...no motor). You take the drive train out of your old "donor" truck and put them in your new Glider.

This is how a Glider kit is delivered...

Untitled.png

No engine, transmission or rearends, but with a big box of new parts to install your donor drivetrain.

A lot of us won't buy a car we can't work on ourselves and are NEVER going to buy a new car. I have an '89, a '77 and a '68. Pretty sure I can keep them going indefinitely. But let me buy a new Mustang body ready to go...I'll jerk that 302 and C4 combo out of the '89 in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
They should learn from the Class 8 truck manufacturers and sell Glider kits.

A Glider kit is a partial rolling chassis with body, wired and ready to go...minus drive train (get it...glider...no motor). You take the drive train out of your old "donor" truck and put them in your new Glider.

This is how a Glider kit is delivered...

View attachment 105179

No engine, transmission or rearends, but with a big box of new parts to install your donor drivetrain.

A lot of us won't buy a car we can't work on ourselves are NEVER going to buy a new car. I have an '89, a '77 and a '68. Pretty sure I can keep them going indefinitely. But let be buy a new Mustang body ready to go...I'll jerk that 302 and C4 combo out of the '89 in a heartbeat.
What is sad, is there is a 1970 Mustang Fastback that is rotting in a field..I ask the guy over 15 years ago to sell it to me and he said no, and it's still seting there rotting

What is sad, is there is a 1970 Mustang Fastback that is rotting in a field..I ask the guy over 15 years ago to sell it to me and he said no, and it's still seting there rotting

That is sad. Hate to see a great car neglected to death.

Forum List

Back