For which sex is getting older easier?

I don't know, but some men get that sexy salt and pepper thing going for them. Plus, their wrinkles add character.:rolleyes:

Honestly, I thought you typed, 'their winkies add character'.

Damn near fell off My chair!

:razz:

Women age better then men...We men just start aching and drooping and sagging and.....did I mention aching?

Last edited:
I don't know, but some men get that sexy salt and pepper thing going for them. Plus, their wrinkles add character.:rolleyes:

Honestly, I thought you typed, 'their winkies add character'.

Damn near fell off My chair!

:razz:

Women age better then men...We just start aching and drooping and sagging and.....did I mention aching?

LMAO!!!!!

Well now that you mention it ... yes. They add character as well. Grin.

Now that you mention it, Cher.
Cher, living proof of the miracle of modern science.

Mummification is an ancient art.

Anyone see Sophia Loren at the Oscars?

I was never all that much of a Sophia fan anyway, but that reminds me of another lady I find more attractive in her older years - Helen Mirren. She was, I thought, the most striking woman at the Oscars a few years ago. She had more glamour than any of the starlets I saw that night.

helen-mirren.jpg

For all you single ladies that like older men........

I'm 45, still cycle a LOT, and have a 29 inch waist. I'm well educated, able and reasonably easy on the eyes.

Oh yeah........and I come with my own health care from my retirement, which covers whoever I choose to marry.

Any takers? I'm also able to relocate.

And yes, I wash dishes, do laundry, clean toilets, cook (quite well...Italian is my specialty), and will even do windows if given enough incentive.

I'm 45, still cycle a LOT, and have a 29 inch waist. I'm well educated, able and reasonably easy on the eyes.

Oh yeah........and I come with my own health care from my retirement, which covers whoever I choose to marry.

And yes, I wash dishes, do laundry, clean toilets, cook (quite well...Italian is my specialty), and will even do windows if given enough incentive.

You sound like a decent catch, but we'd argue too much about politics.:lol:

Neither either or....depends on the person, their attitude, their habits, and their lives. Luck matters too as we can't pick our parents.

But if I had to pick, I have to say women have a tougher time aging and biology is the primary reason. PS the bride of forever agrees.

Last edited:

Anyone can throw pasta into boiling water and call themselves an Italian chef....

:lol::lol:

To take from one because it is thought that his own industry and that of his father’s has acquired too much, in order to spare to others, who, or whose fathers, have not exercised equal industry and skill, is to violate arbitrarily the first principle of association—the guarantee to every one of a free exercise of his industry and the fruits acquired by it. Thomas Jefferson

I find conservatives quoting Jefferson rather odd and often find him mis-quoted or taken out of context completely. Anyway Jefferson was as liberal as they come - thank gawd.

Jefferson's full comments courtesy of The Jefferson Cyclopedia, page 852 section 8279:

* * * To this a single observation shall yet be added. Whether property alone, and the whole of what each citizen possesses, shall be subject to contribution, or only its surplus after satisfying his first wants, or whether the faculties of body and mind shall contribute also from their annual earnings, is a question to be decided. But, when decided, and the principle settled, it is to be equally and fairly applied to all. To take from one, because it is thought that his own industry and that of his fathers' has acquired too much, in order to spare to others, who, or whose fathers have not exercised equal industry and skill, is to violate arbitrarily the first principle of association, '' the guarantee to every one of a free exercise of his industry, and the fruits acquired by it ". If the overgrown wealth of an individual be deemed dangerous to the State, the best corrective is the law of equal inheritance to all in equal degree ; and the better, as this enforces a law of nature, while extra-taxation violates it. — NOTE IN DESTUTT TRACY'S POLITICAL ECONOMY, vi, 573. (1816.)

Thomas Jefferson: Liberal Menace

See below.

Status: This exact quotation [see link] has not been found in any of the writings of Thomas Jefferson. It bears a very vague resemblance to Jefferson's comment in a prospectus for his translation of Destutt de Tracy's Treatise on Political Economy: "To take from one, because it is thought that his own industry and that of his fathers has acquired too much, in order to spare to others, who, or whose fathers have not exercised equal industry and skill, is to violate arbitrarily the first principle of association, ‘the guarantee to every one of a free exercise of his industry, & the fruits acquired by it.'"[3]

The democracy will cease to exist...(Quotation - Thomas Jefferson Encyclopedia)

Here's a quote from him I like.

"... legislators cannot invent too many devices for subdividing property... Another means of silently lessening the inequality of property is to exempt all from taxation below a certain point, and to tax the higher portions or property in geometrical progression as they rise. Whenever there are in any country uncultivated lands and unemployed poor, it is clear that the laws of property have been so far extended as to violate natural right." Thomas Jefferson, in a letter to James Madison 1785

To take from one because it is thought that his own industry and that of his father’s has acquired too much, in order to spare to others, who, or whose fathers, have not exercised equal industry and skill, is to violate arbitrarily the first principle of association—the guarantee to every one of a free exercise of his industry and the fruits acquired by it. Thomas Jefferson

I find conservatives quoting Jefferson rather odd and often find him mis-quoted or taken out of context completely. Anyway Jefferson was as liberal as they come - thank gawd.

Jefferson's full comments courtesy of The Jefferson Cyclopedia, page 852 section 8279:

* * * To this a single observation shall yet be added. Whether property alone, and the whole of what each citizen possesses, shall be subject to contribution, or only its surplus after satisfying his first wants, or whether the faculties of body and mind shall contribute also from their annual earnings, is a question to be decided. But, when decided, and the principle settled, it is to be equally and fairly applied to all. To take from one, because it is thought that his own industry and that of his fathers' has acquired too much, in order to spare to others, who, or whose fathers have not exercised equal industry and skill, is to violate arbitrarily the first principle of association, '' the guarantee to every one of a free exercise of his industry, and the fruits acquired by it ". If the overgrown wealth of an individual be deemed dangerous to the State, the best corrective is the law of equal inheritance to all in equal degree ; and the better, as this enforces a law of nature, while extra-taxation violates it. — NOTE IN DESTUTT TRACY'S POLITICAL ECONOMY, vi, 573. (1816.)

Thomas Jefferson: Liberal Menace

See below.

Status: This exact quotation [see link] has not been found in any of the writings of Thomas Jefferson. It bears a very vague resemblance to Jefferson's comment in a prospectus for his translation of Destutt de Tracy's Treatise on Political Economy: "To take from one, because it is thought that his own industry and that of his fathers has acquired too much, in order to spare to others, who, or whose fathers have not exercised equal industry and skill, is to violate arbitrarily the first principle of association, ‘the guarantee to every one of a free exercise of his industry, & the fruits acquired by it.'"[3]

The democracy will cease to exist...(Quotation - Thomas Jefferson Encyclopedia)

Here's a quote from him I like.

"... legislators cannot invent too many devices for subdividing property... Another means of silently lessening the inequality of property is to exempt all from taxation below a certain point, and to tax the higher portions or property in geometrical progression as they rise. Whenever there are in any country uncultivated lands and unemployed poor, it is clear that the laws of property have been so far extended as to violate natural right." Thomas Jefferson, in a letter to James Madison 1785
Thomas Jefferson was a Classic Liberal. Meaning that he believed in decentralized government of severely restricted power. In other words, a Conservative.

Anyone can throw pasta into boiling water and call themselves an Italian chef....

Yep. Anyone can do that.

Takes someone special to use crushed tomatoes, spices, seared spicy Italian sausage (cut into medallions), veggies (depending on my mood), to slow cook the sauce for 4 hours.

That's what I mean by I cook Italian.

Best way to make garlic bread? Cut the bread into 1/2 to 1 inch slices of Italian bread, put some olive oil into a pan, throw minced garlic into it, sear the garlic in the oil, and use the oil and seared garlic to cook the toast.

You'll have to change the garlic once or twice, depending on how much you need.

And.......start the whole thing off with a lettuce medley in a raspberry vinegarette.

Add a nice wine, and you've got dinner for 2.

Yeah........I've known how to cook well since high school.

Yep. Anyone can do that.

Takes someone special to use crushed tomatoes, spices, seared spicy Italian sausage (cut into medallions), veggies (depending on my mood), to slow cook the sauce for 4 hours.

That's what I mean by I cook Italian.

Best way to make garlic bread? Cut the bread into 1/2 to 1 inch slices of Italian bread, put some olive oil into a pan, throw minced garlic into it, sear the garlic in the oil, and use the oil and seared garlic to cook the toast.

And.......start the whole thing off with a lettuce medley in a raspberry vinegarette.

Add a nice wine, and you've got dinner for 2.

Yeah........I've known how to cook well since high school.

Suck up ;)

Fresh garlic from the clove?

What is the menu if she is a veg head?

OF COURSE fresh clove of garlic. All ya gotta do is bang on it with the back of a large blade or spatula.

What's on the menu if shes a veg head? Nothing......if a chick won't eat meat, she probably won't swallow my sausage either.

Besides........vegans are generally weak and very judgemental. Me? I can't hang with someone like that.

OF COURSE fresh clove of garlic. All ya gotta do is bang on it with the back of a large blade or spatula.

What's on the menu if shes a veg head? Nothing......if a chick won't eat meat, she probably won't swallow my sausage either.

Besides........vegans are generally weak and very judgemental. Me? I can't hang with someone like that.

Too bad you have bad experiences with them. Such is life I suppose. The ones I have known not quite that bad.

Well......to be fair, most of em become judgemental when I state "If it doesn't die a loud bloody death, it's called a side dish", or "I'm a member of PETA, People Eating Tasty Animals", or "if we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they all made of meat"?

But........there's another reason for it.........

Did you know that back in the times before the Flood (Biblical stuff here), you didn't eat meat every day unless you made more than 1/4 million/yr?

But then, after the Flood, God looked around and saw that the constitution of mankind had been greatly weakened from what it was before the Flood, and from that point, said that everyone was allowed to eat meat.

But, yes, there are some who are pretty decent people and won't freak out on you if they see you eating a burger.

In that case, if I liked her a lot, I'd learn to cook vegan for her. Incidentally, used to be the night manager of a biker bar here in Amarillo called Boondocks.

One of our menu items that I made very well was a vegan sandwich, that had lots of grilled veggies and a certain amount of Red Creek and spices.

Those were actually kinda good.

:bowdown:

Hey have you ever roasted garlic, spread it on the bread, add a little evvo, then toasted the bread? :eusa_drool:

Forum List

Back