For those who actually dont think biden and democrat globalists arent responsible for the high gas prices.

When they are making billions in profit and can afford to absorb fluctuating costs in the time of supply shortages, why wouldn't you blame them?! They profit BILLIONS and BILLIONS of dollars every year. You understand that right?!
People have been arguing this for many decades. Many get pissed. Oil is best when the resistance is low. Any government interference is bad. Foreign issues can affect it. OPEC was minimized under Trump. Old Joe made them powerful again. The profits are always near the same percentage.

People have been arguing this for many decades. Many get pissed. Oil is best when the resistance is low. Any government interference is bad. Foreign issues can affect it. OPEC was minimized under Trump. Old Joe made them powerful again. The profits are always near the same percentage.
This is what's happening and it is the straight facts... A company like Shell just made over $9 BILLON dollars last QUARTER, that is almost 3 times what they made last year.... We have prices over $7 a gallon in some areas of the country. I'm saying that is not right and these companies deserve public scrutiny. Then I see in this thread people like Oddball and Votto who say the oil and gas companies deserve no blame it is all Bidens fault.

Thats just absurd.... Yes Bidens policies are not friendly to oil and gas and will have an impact that will make they more expensive. I fully agree. But the impact Biden has had is nothing compared to the power that the oil and gas companies have to effect consumer prices at the pumps. And these guys are getting away with a massive rip off.

Do you place any blame on the oil and gas companies or do you simply see them as helpless victims?
Have you ever said anything when they were losing their asses

That industry is bust or boom only, plus it costs a frikin hell of a lot to get

This should be common knowledge

You're right, 2020 was a down year... how does it look in the big picture... Notice we are talking NET income in the BILLIONS... the chart below is just for Shell

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 12.35.23 PM.png

So you're saying those 2021 EO's curbed US production of crude oil, and effected world oil prices more so than the increased global demand did? How do you explain the rise is US and World production since the end of the pandemic? The Neo-GOP wants to scapegoat Biden and the Dems in general for the economic result of the Pandemic shut down and restart of the worlds economy.

When they are making billions in profit and can afford to absorb fluctuating costs in the time of supply shortages, why wouldn't you blame them?! They profit BILLIONS and BILLIONS of dollars every year. You understand that right?!
If the government were trying to extinguish your business in a decade or so, you would bleed your customers out of billions too.

If the government were trying to extinguish your business in a decade or so, you would bleed your customers out of billions too.
Ok, now we are getting somewhere. They are trying to bleed us out of billions. That acknowledgment is a start

This is what's happening and it is the straight facts... A company like Shell just made over $9 BILLON dollars last QUARTER, that is almost 3 times what they made last year.... We have prices over $7 a gallon in some areas of the country. I'm saying that is not right and these companies deserve public scrutiny. Then I see in this thread people like Oddball and Votto who say the oil and gas companies deserve no blame it is all Bidens fault.

Thats just absurd.... Yes Bidens policies are not friendly to oil and gas and will have an impact that will make they more expensive. I fully agree. But the impact Biden has had is nothing compared to the power that the oil and gas companies have to effect consumer prices at the pumps. And these guys are getting away with a massive rip off.
We are a free and sovereign nation. Our policies are not that. We are of the globe. The mostly white male elitist privileged leaders of Europe.

Ok, now we are getting somewhere. They are trying to bleed us out of billions. That acknowledgment is a start
Wouldn't you if you owned a multi billion company and the government wanted you out of business? Also, what about the year or two where companies sales fell through the floor due to covid, do you think they're trying to recoup that as well? Or do you feel you should have your cake and eat it. It's not rocket science what's going on with oil, wood etc.. Have people forgot about the lockdowns already??

President Joe Biden on Wednesday signed a series of executive orders that prioritize climate change across all levels of government and put the U.S. on track to curb planet-warming carbon emissions.

Biden's orders direct the secretary of the Interior Department to halt new oil and natural gas leases on public lands and waters, and begin a thorough review of existing permits for fossil fuel development.

The series of actions kick off the president's agenda to reduce the country's emissions and establish stricter targets under the Paris climate accord.

The Biden administration and its allies in Congress have made it very clear that they intend to put the oil industry in America out of business.

The Biden administration has tried to relieve the political pressure of gasoline prices that are the highest they’ve been since 2014.

What is required for prices to come down is a total change in direction on energy policy away from mandates and forward to customer choice and free competition.

--------------

Most of his actions done before putin invaded ukraine and putin got the greenlight from biden to do it.
What exactly is your point?

1655922158763.png

We are a free and sovereign nation. Our policies are not that. We are of the globe. The mostly white male elitist privileged leaders of Europe.
We are a Republic nation built upon a constitution and rule of law. Yes we like to implement Capitalism and Free Market principle in our ecumenic policy however everything is guided by the laws and regulations that our peoples government dictate

Wouldn't you if you owned a multi billion company and the government wanted you out of business? Also, what about the year or two where companies sales fell through the floor due to covid, do you think they're trying to recoup that as well? Or do you feel you should have your cake and eat it. It's not rocket science what's going on with oil, wood etc.. Have people forgot about the lockdowns already??
I think the loss they took in 2020 has been more than made up for. Wouldn't you agree? Here is Shells P&L. Its in BILLIONS

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 12.35.23 PM.png

The Church of Climastrology shall not be denied, Inshalgore.
The Sacred Computer Models will show us the way, GIGO Forever, amen.

:rolleyes:

I think the loss they took in 2020 has been more than made up for. Wouldn't you agree? Here is Shells P&L. Its in BILLIONS

View attachment 660943
One equals the other so that means their sales for 2020 and 2021 was minus 0.9 billion. So they need profit for 2022 and also for the last two years. Looking at the 20 to 30 billion years, would they need 60 to 90 billion for 2022? I think the shareholders would say yes, especially when you've invested your money into shares for dividends. Those oil companies on the stock exchange, buy shares to enjoy some of the dividends.

If it was business, what profit would you want to make in 2022 when you look at 2020 and 2021?

President Joe Biden mocked Chevron CEO Michael Wirth on Tuesday after the oil executive denounced Biden for vilifying oil companies.

What did Wirth say?​

Chevron sent Biden a letter Tuesday in response to one that Biden executives sent seven oil companies last week.

In Biden's letter, the president threatened to use "emergency authorities" if the companies do not comply with demands to increase production.

But according to Wirth, Chevron is producing more oil today than at any other point in company history, thus deflating the charge that oil companies are not working hard enough as gas prices remain at record highs. After outlining Chevron's production numbers and its investments, Wirth took aim at Biden.

"[Y]our Administration has largely sought to criticize, and at times vilify, our industry," Wirth said. "These actions are not beneficial to meeting the challenges we face and are not what the American people deserve."

The solution to the ongoing crisis, Wirth explained, "requires thoughtful action and a willingness to work together, not political rhetoric." Wirth, therefore, suggested that bringing down gas prices and increasing oil supply "will require a change in approach" from Biden.

Don't miss out on content from Dave Rubin free of big tech censorship. Listen to The Rubin Report now.

"The U.S. energy sector needs cooperation and support from your Administration for our country to return to a path toward greater energy security, economic prosperity, and environmental protection," Wirth wrote. "We need clarity and consistency on policy matters ranging from leases and permits on federal lands, to the ability to permit and build critical infrastructure, to the proper role of regulation that considers both costs and benefits."

How did Biden respond?​

The president was asked about Wirth's letter at the White House Tuesday afternoon.

"He’s mildly sensitive," Biden said of Wirth. "I didn’t know they’d get their feelings hurt that quickly.

"Look, we need more refining capacity. This idea that they don’t have oil to drill and to bring up is simply not true," he continued. "We ought to be able to work something out whereby they’re able to increase refining capacity and still not give up on transitioning to renewable energy."

\u201cReporter: "The Chevron CEO... said that your administration has largely criticized the oil and gas industry and ...would need to take a change in approach in order to make progress in reducing energy prices."\n\nBiden: "I didn't know they'd get their feelings hurt that quickly."\u201d
— Washington Free Beacon (@Washington Free Beacon) 1655841951

How did Chevron respond?​

In response to a question about Biden's remarks, a Chevron spokesperson told TheBlaze that Wirth is "looking forward" to a meeting with Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm on Thursday.

The spokesman added that Wirth "is hopeful for a constructive conversation about actions to address the near-term issues and longer-term stability of energy markets."

One equals the other so that means their sales for 2020 and 2021 was minus 0.9 billion. So they need profit for 2022 and also for the last two years. Looking at the 20 to 30 billion years, would they need 60 to 90 billion for 2022? I think the shareholders would say yes, especially when you've invested your money into shares for dividends. Those oil companies on the stock exchange, buy shares to enjoy some of the dividends.

If it was business, what profit would you want to make in 2022 when you look at 2020 and 2021?
I fully understand the profit planning side of things but we as consumers don't need to bend over so they can make record profits to cover for one down year. Year after year they make billions and billions in profit. I don't feel bad for them and I don't make excuses for them. We all should be demanding they do better and provide fair pricing for their products.

Forum List

Back