Zone1 For the second time in my life, God spoke to me and gave me guidance - this time about abortion

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
Twice in a lifetime, doesn't seem that often. But the first time was very powerful, so I'm eager to see what the second time brings.

The first time was years ago when I decided to become a teacher late in life. I wanted to teach high school, having substituted there and and being qualified in three different academic areas, plus Special Education. I sent my applications into districts, not schools, but I listed High School as my first choice and anything lower second and third. The first interview that I was called in for was for an elementary school, grades 3-5. I went for practice, and to get a foot in the door in case a secondary job came open.

The interview went well, and I liked the principal, who was one of the only males working at the school. But I had no idea that they might hire me, nor did I intend to accept if they offered. On the drive home, God spoke to me, almost audibly, and that they would indeed make the offer and that I should take it. Moments later my cell rang, and it was them.

Often, we won't know why God steers us in a certain direction. Maybe it is to avoid something that we will never know about, since we avoided it if we followed God's guidance. This time the purpose became clear before Thanksgiving break. A special needs student reported to me long-term abuse by her guardian, a grandfather, which turned out to be undeniably true. She was taken out of that situation and adopted by one of her teachers. She told her adoptive mother that she told me because she thought I was a nice man who would protect kids. That school needed a male teacher, and God steered me there.

Believe it or don't, makes me not a bit of difference.

So, what now?

I'm a long-time libertarian, who has reluctantly supported the right to abortion, due to my love for individual liberty. I encouraged anti-abortion folks to advocate for birth control, and de-stigmatization of pregnancy. But when the Dobbs decision was leaked, God spoke to me again, and told me to wake up and see what the "pro-choice" crowd really is. They are not pro-choice at all, they are vociferously pro-abortion. As long as they had Roe, they could focus on increasing the numbers of abortions instead focusing on keeping it legal, as they now must do.

So, I will do everything I can to outlaw abortion, and offer no compromises. I cannot be the only one that God has moved in this direction. So, abortion advocates, you will continue to have your work cut out for you. You have energy for that one endeavor, I'll give you that.

Twice in a lifetime, doesn't seem that often. But the first time was very powerful, so I'm eager to see what the second time brings.

The first time was years ago when I decided to become a teacher late in life. I wanted to teach high school, having substituted there and and being qualified in three different academic areas, plus Special Education. I sent my applications into districts, not schools, but I listed High School as my first choice and anything lower second and third. The first interview that I was called in for was for an elementary school, grades 3-5. I went for practice, and to get a foot in the door in case a secondary job came open.

The interview went well, and I liked the principal, who was one of the only males working at the school. But I had no idea that they might hire me, nor did I intend to accept if they offered. On the drive home, God spoke to me, almost audibly, and that they would indeed make the offer and that I should take it. Moments later my cell rang, and it was them.

Often, we won't know why God steers us in a certain direction. Maybe it is to avoid something that we will never know about, since we avoided it if we followed God's guidance. This time the purpose became clear before Thanksgiving break. A special needs student reported to me long-term abuse by her guardian, a grandfather, which turned out to be undeniably true. She was taken out of that situation and adopted by one of her teachers. She told her adoptive mother that she told me because she thought I was a nice man who would protect kids. That school needed a male teacher, and God steered me there.

So, what now?

I'm a long-time libertarian, who has reluctantly supported the right to abortion, due to my love for individual liberty. I encouraged anti-abortion folks to advocate for birth control, and de-stigmatization of pregnancy. But when the Dobbs decision was leaked, God spoke to me again, and told me to wake up and see what the "pro-choice" crowd really is. They are not pro-choice at all, they are vociferously pro-abortion. As long as they had Roe, they could focus on increasing the numbers of abortions instead focusing on keeping it legal, as they now must do.

So, I will do everything I can to outlaw abortion, and offer no compromises. I cannot be the only one that God has moved in this direction. So, abortion advocates, you will continue to have your work cut out for you. You have energy for that one endeavor, I'll give you that.
So when God spoke to you, was it a mans voice or a womans voice? Did you think to whip out your phone and record God's spoken words? Did God speak about forgiveness at all or was it one of those Hellfire and Damnation type of speeches, like from the Old Testament?

Some folks believe in God. Some don’t.

Some folks “believe” that it is reasonable to assume that a claim “God spoke to me” has to be literal sound waves emanating from a voice box. Such people assume that their own disbelief is the only possible truth — so they have no compunction about denigrating other people’s beliefs.

So, what now?

Thank you for sharing.

So you decided to teach high school...and you were already qualified to teach three different academic areas plus special education? Usually deciding to teach comes before becoming qualified to teach.

Some folks believe in God. Some don’t.

Some folks “believe” that it is reasonable to assume that a claim “God spoke to me” has to be literal sound waves emanating from a voice box. Such people assume that their own disbelief is the only possible truth so they have no compunction about denigratingnother oriole’s beliefs.
I recall hearing the audible voice of God. I was reading the book of Revelation. I could never read it all the way through until after that. i had asked, 'but lord what about the children?' It hurt me to think of the suffering the children of the world would go through during judgment. That voice snapped back at me, "How long do you expect me to wait!" I could only respond, "Not at all my lord."

So, what now?

If god ever tells you to strap on a boom boom vest, tell him you're on vacation in Hawaii and to leave a message, you'll get back to him in the next life. Other than that, as far as hearing the voice of god goes, I think you're golden; run with it.

So when God spoke to you, was it a mans voice or a womans voice?
It was God's voice.
Did you think to whip out your phone and record God's spoken words?
I believe that I said God spoke to me "almost audibly." That means not audibly, but almost. My phone is not capable of recording things that are not audible.
Did God speak about forgiveness at all or was it one of those Hellfire and Damnation type of speeches, like from the Old Testament?
That particular talk was very one-sided and very brief. No Hellfire damnation were mentioned. Perhaps God is content with my beliefs and actions on the subject of forgiveness, or was simply being selective in what to give my guidance about.

So you decided to teach high school...and you were already qualified to teach three different academic areas plus special education? Usually deciding to teach comes before becoming qualified to teach.
Not in my case. In my case, I had actually pursued Special Education because the test in Texas covers grades K-12, and I did not yet know what grades I wanted to teach. Later, I decided that High School would be best for me. Then the intervention came.

If god ever tells you to strap on a boom boom vest, tell him you're on vacation in Hawaii and to leave a message, you'll get back to him in the next life. Other than that, as far as hearing the voice of god goes, I think you're golden; run with it.
Yes, when and if that happens, you will have a point.

It was God's voice.

I believe that I said God spoke to me "almost audibly." That means not audibly, but almost. My phone is not capable of recording things that are not audible.

That particular talk was very one-sided and very brief. No Hellfire damnation were mentioned. Perhaps God is content with my beliefs and actions on the subject of forgiveness, or was simply being selective in what to give my guidance about.

A voice inside your head. Thanks for the clarification.

God spoke to me again, and told me to wake up and see what the "pro-choice" crowd really is. They are not pro-choice at all, they are vociferously pro-abortion

Absolute nonsense. You're no libertarian. Anyone who uses the term "pro abortion" is an extreme right wing zealot.

Bill Clinton had it right: Abortion should be both legal and rare.

Let me spell it out for you, since understanding what "pro choice" really is seems to be lost on you: If "pro life" is the advocacy for every pregnancy to be carried to term, then "pro abortion" would be the advocacy for every pregnancy to be terminated.

Period.

Of course, you'll insist otherwise, but only for the simple fact that you know you're wrong and are afraid to admit it.

I abhor abortion. I abhor it almost as much as I do the thought that the government should have any say, whatsoever, in the matter...

A voice inside your head. Thanks for the clarification.
Like you proggies can't relate to that...
Many of you have dozens shrieking conflicting nonsense at the same time.
Why ya'll choose to go & share it with the world, I have no idea

Absolute nonsense. You're no libertarian. Anyone who uses the term "pro abortion" is an extreme right wing zealot.

Bill Clinton had it right: Abortion should be both legal and rare.

Let me spell it out for you, since understanding what "pro choice" really is seems to be lost on you: If "pro life" is the advocacy for every pregnancy to be carried to term, then "pro abortion" would be the advocacy for every pregnancy to be terminated.

Period.
It doesn't have to be that extreme, but many elements of the left are not far from that.

Or give me some quotes from an extreme pro-abortionist talking about the joy of motherhood.
Of course, you'll insist otherwise, but only for the simple fact that you know you're wrong and are afraid to admit it.

I abhor abortion. I abhor it almost as much as I do the thought that the government should have any say, whatsoever, in the matter...
You may well be telling the truth. I once said the same and I meant it, wholeheartedly.

But, I can no long cast my lot in, nor be in any way associated with, people whose clear goal is to end as many pregnancies as possible in the tragedy of abortion, along with a host of other anti-human/anti-individual/anti-United States goals.

You need not fear that abortion will be ended in your lifetime. Women will always have California and New York to run to when it's dyin' time for some unfortunate baby. Good riddance to them from my great state of Texas.

Just out of curiosity, can you articulate why it is that you abhor abortion?

Just out of curiosity, can you articulate why it is that you abhor abortion?

Yes, I can.

I believe it's barbaric. Bu that notwithstanding, I believe it's even worse to allow the government to step in and say what should and shouldn't be done.

I don't believe anyone is out to end as many pregnancies as possible. I think that's ignorant and stupid. The pro-choice side has no problem with women choosing to carry a pregnancy to term...

So, what now?

Thanks for sharing that testimony.

You will notice that, the further down the sinkhole of supporting abortion a person goes, the more they lose their soul. I do not say this lightly. The people protesting with fake blood between their legs, screeching--it's not just crazy. It's demonic.

We have a little bird nesting on our house, actually, near the front door. So as not to disturb her, we are exiting and entering another way. I looked up how to handle this--and what to do in the sad case she abandons her nest. I was advised (wait for it)....NOT TO DISTURB THE EGGS because there are laws protecting ROBIN'S EGGS.

Right. Birds. I must call this or that agency and have them remove the nest, but only if I'm SURE the mother has abandoned it, because heaven forfend we abort bird eggs. But humans, made in the image of God? It's a "Right".

Like I said.

Demonic.

Thanks for sharing that testimony.

You will notice that, the further down the sinkhole of supporting abortion a person goes, the more they lose their soul. I do not say this lightly. The people protesting with fake blood between their legs, screeching--it's not just crazy. It's demonic.

Oh my gosh... I've been saying the same exact thing recently. It really is demonic! I mean seriously. I've seen it with my own eyes, a number of times. It is a bizarre, crazy thing, but the type of reaction you mentioned really is a spiritual thing, and of course I'm not talking about the good kind of spiritual.

I just saw it recently, in fact, from someone I know… a teenager who unfortunately is very misguided, to put it mildly. I didn't even want to talk about it but somehow the topic of abortion came up, and she got really angry and the conversation ended by her storming out of the room and yelling something so horrible that I don't want to repeat it, but what she said was flat out demonic.

Forum List

Back