For Tesla Owner, Losing a Wheel Was Just the First Surprise

There is no real demand for the Tesla. Lefties talk shit, it's all they have. They do sell some, but only because the cost is heavily subsidized by the government. Now some uber rich Hollywood type or CEO might own one and pay the actual price but that's about it.

No real demand for Tesla? You are...well lets say all you have is talking sht.

1280px-Global_sales_Tesla_Model_S_by_quarter.png

Over 300,000 Model 3s were reserved...which is a year away from release.

Do you think you can spot some real demand in there or do you think government is somehow doing that?

Seems to me like the internet became what it is by private hands, not government. They may have sparked the invention but the private sector took the ball and ran with it.

Surely you are aware that Tesla is a private company.

Yes, government often helps with the initial investment on tech and private market takes it and grows it to full potential. Each has a role.

But you could understand the point I made with you head buried so deep in it's safe space. I said if a company needs public money it's being pushed ahead of market demand. Get some air, try again.
snicker

Nothing you said convinces me that I understood you less than completely clearly.

Tesla Is Hemorrhaging Money Despite Billions In Gov’t Subsidies
Liberal entrepreneur Elon Musk’s business ventures have benefited from nearly $5 billion in government subsidies in the past few years, but apparently that’s not enough taxpayer support to stop his electric car business from losing $4,000 on every vehicle it sells.

Tesla Motors “burned $359 million in cash last quarter in a bull market for luxury vehicles,” according to Reuters, causing the company to “cut its production targets for this year and next.” Musk may even be forced to sell more stock to help plug the gap in the company’s finances.

Reuters reported that “Tesla plans to build between 50,000 and 55,000 cars this year,” most of which are built-to-order. The company’s latest filings showed it “delivered 11,532 cars in the second period and said it had an operating loss of about $47 million, for an operating loss per car of about $4,000.”

Interestingly enough, Tesla’s losses may be much higher than the company reports. Reuters notes that using “generally accepted accounting principles, or GAAP, used by GM or Ford, Tesla’s operating losses per vehicle have steadily widened to $14,758 from $3,794 in the second quarter of 2014.”

FROM AROUND THE WEB
Sponsored Links by
In the last quarter, Tesla saw its operating costs increase and its car sales fell — right now a Tesla Model S goes for $70,000 before federal and state tax credits kick in. Depending on the type of Model S you buy, the price can actually be $106,000 or more.

Despite the huge losses, however, Musk plans on expanding the company’s production to include a new battery-powered SUV and get into the battery business. Earlier this year, Musk unveiled a line of expensive batteries that could be used to store energy from solar panels to be used when the sun goes down.

Musk clearly hopes the battery packs will revolutionize the green energy industry and urge more people to buy solar panels — something that would help his other business, SolarCity, which already benefits from federal tax credits. So far, most solar panel users have opted not to use Tesla’s batteries because they can sell their solar power to utilities for money.

News of Tesla’s huge losses comes after reports that Musk’s business ventures have benefited from $4.9 billion in federal and state government subsidies. Tesla Motors, where Musk is CEO, has gotten generous federal loans and benefits from state and federal tax credits encouraging people to buy electric cars.

“In all, Tesla buyers have qualified for an estimated $284 million in federal tax incentives and collected more than $38 million in California rebates,” the Los Angeles Times reported in May, adding that Tesla already secured “a commitment of $126 million in California subsidies to companies developing energy storage technology.”

The Times also noted that Tesla got $1.3 billion in benefits from the state of Nevada to build a battery factory.

Reuters noted that even with the huge losses last quarter “Tesla’s stock is still about 70 percent higher than it was two years ago, and 8 percent ahead of its level on Jan 1.” The company has a market capitalization of $31 billion, meaning the company is worth more than “Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV, the much larger maker of Ram pickups and Jeep Grand Cherokees.”

Read more: Tesla Is Hemorrhaging Money Despite Billions In Gov’t Subsidies

I've actually had this happen to me, we were coming home from the cabin on the highway doing 55mph, wheel goes rolling off across the road. I glanced over at my husband and said "Was that my tire?" He said, "I believe it was..." Then our eldest started screaming like a little girl in the back seat and got the dogs /all/ upset heh

Luckily we were at speed and I was able to coast the vehicle onto the shoulder before the front drivers corner dropped. This was a tire change out problem though, they'd not tightened on the lug nuts properly. Needless to say we made quite a profit off the harmless incident, oh and we'll never get our tires changed out by a company again - my husband now does all of them...

I've actually had this happen to me, we were coming home from the cabin on the highway doing 55mph, wheel goes rolling off across the road. I glanced over at my husband and said "Was that my tire?" He said, "I believe it was..." Then our eldest started screaming like a little girl in the back seat and got the dogs /all/ upset heh

Luckily we were at speed and I was able to coast the vehicle onto the shoulder before the front drivers corner dropped. This was a tire change out problem though, they'd not tightened on the lug nuts properly. Needless to say we made quite a profit off the harmless incident, oh and we'll never get our tires changed out by a company again - my husband now does all of them...
Scary! It's a big hassle to change tires, he must have a machine and balancer. I'd just check the lug nuts afterwards.

It actually wasn't so bad if I'm being honest, my husband and I were laughing about it immediately after, it was, as I said, a harmless incident.

But no, we went out and bought a second set of rims for every vehicle so no need for mount and balance every season. We did have to build a tire rack behind the shop to hold the unused summer/studs for all seven vehicles though.

That's actually the downsized number, at one point we had ten vehicles plus all the rolling stock. Thank goodness we have two long ass driveways heh As I recall at that time we just had the kid's truck, our two, two emergency backups (which used to be the elder boys cars but they got good jobs and bought new cars), a 65' rag top mustang, and a classic 78 chevy stepside 3 on the tree. I think it was last summer, we ditched one of the emergency vehicles and sold the mustang. We're down to... six ... well fuck I'm missing a vehicle from when that happened apparently... I had to look at pictures, it was the yellow truck, I don't know how I forgot about that thing it was sweet had a 454 in it, just a beauty. I'd totally forgotten about the tour bus as well, we used to tow the six place out to Hatcher's Pass and snow machine and sleep in the bus heh We had a bigger one a class A or w/e 60'er but my husband's driveway was to thin to get around the monster so we downgraded to the one in the pic. Lesse there was a suburban, a jeep, four chevy pickups, we're on subaru uhm eight with the one the moose ate I believe, my Durango, my trailblazer, the golf, a neon, a focus, the mustang, and we had a caddy as well. I'd gotten an audi for about three weeks but I prefer a big truck so we sent that one back (I'd gotten a chevy s10 blazer but it was also too small so we gave that to a friend of the family and I got the rango.)

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

That pic was back in hmm 2002, maybe 2003 I suppose, was before we redid the back yard, man it was a mess when we bought the place (as you can see) We must have put down 50 yards of top soil and 20 or so yards of gravel to get it all evened out. Is pretty sweet now but we still need to put on the back deck, trying to decide if we want Trex or this other stuff I don't recall the name of. I apparently don't have a good picture of the new back yard from that angle just this with the boys on the trampoline

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

It's kind of looking off into the wild area, my husbands garage is to the right there and the trees in the foreground are where the top soil was all piled in the first picture. The boys, ones not in the picture here, put so much work into the yard and it came out so lovely. I was so proud of them, they worked together and delegated who did what best... hahaha I remember they put the youngest in charge of making sure they got a full 6" of top soil down everywhere; was so damn cute with his little stick and a measuring tape, running around poking into the ground and barking orders for MORE DIRT HERE!!! ... ah man they grow up so fast. The youngest there is now 6' and will likely be moving out in the next couple years, he's driving now, getting a job... ~sighs~

From that link

Tesla Motors Inc., SolarCity Corp. and Space Exploration Technologies Corp., known as SpaceX, together have benefited from an estimated $4.9 billion in government support, according to data compiled by The Times.

So that 5 billion number is just more bs from our "highly informed" righties.

Specifically Tesla? 1.3 Billion deal from state of Nevada in late 2013, to build a huge battery factory that will start producing batteries only in 2017 to meet FUTURE expanding demand for Tesla's electric cars. To say that this is what fuels their CURRENT balance sheets is nonsense of course.

Tesla Gigafactory | Tesla Motors

Last edited:
News of Tesla’s huge losses comes after reports that Musk’s business ventures have benefited from $4.9 billion in federal and state government subsidies. Tesla Motors, where Musk is CEO, has gotten generous federal loans and benefits from state and federal tax credits encouraging people to buy electric cars.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2015/08/10/t...ite-millions-in-govt-subsidies/#ixzz4Bbpyxq2D

So you are trying to tie all of Musk's businesses together, and state that all the subsidies go to Tesla. Yes, since Solar City and Space X have extensive government connections, given the grid and space exploration is involved, they do get subsidies and contracts. So do many, many other companies.

From that link

Tesla Motors Inc., SolarCity Corp. and Space Exploration Technologies Corp., known as SpaceX, together have benefited from an estimated $4.9 billion in government support, according to data compiled by The Times.

So that 5 billion number is just more bs from our "highly informed" righties.

Specifically Tesla? 1.3 Billion deal from state of Nevada in late 2013, to build a huge battery factory that will start producing batteries only in 2017 to meet FUTURE expanding demand for Tesla's electric cars. To say that this is what fuels their CURRENT balance sheets is nonsense of course.

Tesla Gigafactory | Tesla Motors
The LA Times is the righties?

Elon Musk's growing empire is fueled by $4.9 billion in government subsidies

Tesla is one of the recipients of our money so it isn't fueled by market demand. Your hatred for the right doesn't cover up your stupidity. Nice try sock puppet.

Tesla is one of the recipients of our money so it isn't fueled by market demand. Your hatred for the right doesn't cover up your stupidity. Nice try sock puppet.

LOL! Even as I explained exactly WHY this very link does not say what you claim it says about Tesla, your reply is to repost the link and make very same decidedly BS claim again! Anyone home?

66216342.jpg

Since you are a bit slow on the uptake: The 1.3 Billion agreement Tesla has with Nevada is INVESTMENT to meet quickly rising demand Tesla expects. It is not an operational cost that helps Tesla stay viable today or has thus far created any demand.

Lmao...

For Tesla Owner, Losing a Wheel Was Just the First Surprise

Pete Cordaro was creeping down a dirt road in his 2013 Tesla Model S
electric car, on a Sunday outing with his wife to hunt mushrooms in the Pennsylvania woods, when he encountered a pothole and then heard a loud crack.

The front of the car just dropped,” he said. “The left front wheel just detached from the car.”

When Tesla picked up his car, Mr. Cordaro was at first told he would have to pay for the repairs because they were from normal wear. After pressing his case with a Tesla manager, he was told the company would pay part of the cost — as long as he signed a nondisclosure agreement.

Neither the equipment breakdown nor the confidentiality demand turned out to be an isolated case. And now they have Tesla Motors on the defensive.

After the nation’s top auto safety regulator raised questions about reports of suspension problems with the Model S, Tesla declared in a blog post on Friday that the suspension system had no safety defects. But what set the case apart from other auto safety episodes was the introduction of a nondisclosure agreement into the relationship between car owner and automaker — an unusual practice by an unconventional company whose founder, Elon Musk, has roots in Silicon Valley, not Detroit.

But the practice has raised concerns that it could prevent owners from reporting safety problems to theNational Highway Traffic Safety Administration, which called Tesla’s use of such agreements “troublesome,” and told the company not to use terms that dissuade people from reporting safety concerns to the agency.

On Friday, a Tesla spokeswoman said in an email that “to remove any doubt,” the automaker would modify the language of the documents to make clear that the goal “is to benefit customers, while not harming us for doing a good deed.” She did not elaborate on how it would be changed.

He went four-wheeling and broke an axle and the company gave him an out?

Without billions of government grants and credits Tesla wouldn't exist

Which makes a good case for their usefulness to economy...right?

Or are you saying that Tesla is less of a company for having taking start up grants (and then repaying them well ahead of agreement)?

I said they wouldn't exist without government funding...and it wasn't "start up grants". Get informed before you bother me again

I said they wouldn't exist without government funding...and it wasn't "start up grants". Get informed before you bother me again

No business would exist without direct/indirect government funding.

LOL! Even as I explained exactly WHY this very link does not say what you claim it says about Tesla, your reply is to repost the link and make very same decidedly BS claim again! Anyone home?

66216342.jpg

Since you are a bit slow on the uptake: The 1.3 Billion agreement Tesla has with Nevada is INVESTMENT to meet quickly rising demand Tesla expects. It is not an operational cost that helps Tesla stay viable today or has thus far created any demand.
The investment is for a battery plant and Nevada isn't the federal government. The feds invested heavily in Tesla, what did I claim that isn't true?

Tesla wasn't a product of market demand, government subsidized it and still does, for a reason. You stupid retard. No wonder you had to make a sock puppet to get people to talk to you.

Or are you saying that Tesla is less of a company for having taking start up grants (and then repaying them well ahead of agreement)?

What the fuck does that mean? If we have roads government helped create the business? Who do you think payed for the roads if that was your obscure point?

Oh bullshit, take that nonsense and try and sell it to a fellow left loon, they are gullible enough

Forum List

Back