For Tesla Owner, Losing a Wheel Was Just the First Surprise

No thank you. I don't purchase products I don't want just to impress other people.

Several of my neighbors own Teslas, which from their feedback sound like a pain in the ass. I also work part of the week in Silicon Valley, and have heard the horror stories of people not being able to find places to recharge their plug-ins. I don't want to have to show up for work at 5am just to get the parking spot with an electrical hook up.

No thank you. I don't purchase products I don't want just to impress other people.

If I wanted to impress people I'd have purchased a Rolls Royce, but since I'm a car nut that dislikes driving a house.....no thank you.

Several of my neighbors own Teslas, which from their feedback sound like a pain in the ass. I also work part of the week in Silicon Valley, and have heard the horror stories of people not being able to find places to recharge their plug-ins. I don't want to have to show up for work at 5am just to get the parking spot with an electrical hook up.

I'm a Tesla owner, and I know many, and haven't heard of the 'pain in the ass' problems. Why don't you list some for me.

People can't find charge stations in Silicon Valley? Aren't the more prevalent than Starbucks? I just checked the list, there are 490 between Santa Clara and Mountain View. Isn't that enough?

The only thing that scares me about the Tesla is that it has a computer that learns. Think of the implications of that.

It's rather telling that a Prog like you buys a car that needs huge subsidies from the Gubmint to be even remotely affordable.

490 stations - bfd. Who wants to sit at a charging station for a few hours? Only a moron would be entertained by that activity.

It's rather telling that a Prog like you buys a car that needs huge subsidies from the Gubmint to be even remotely affordable.

All business in this country receives direct/in-direct subsidies from the government.

490 stations - bfd. Who wants to sit at a charging station for a few hours? Only a moron would be entertained by that activity.

The point you brought up are there aren't enough stations. Yes there are.

I've never sat at a charging station for hours. If I travel over 300 miles, I fly.

There aren't enough charging stations, moron. 4 superchargers in the Bay Area is pitiful compared to the abundance of convenient gas stations. I'm not going to drive 30 miles for a supercharge. Only a moron like you would think that is "convenient".

There aren't enough charging stations, moron. 4 superchargers in the Bay Area is pitiful compared to the abundance of convenient gas stations. I'm not going to drive 30 miles for a supercharge. Only a moron like you would think that is "convenient".

The 4 supercharger stations are owned by Tesla. The 486 are private at employers, hotels, etc. All are available to the public. All 20 of the charger stations on the Vegas strip are supercharger.

And has been brought up, how many times per year do you drive over 300 miles?

The other ones are Destination Stations, and are just regular chargers that take hours. These are the ones that people fight over. No thanks. I'll happily continue driving my fossil fueled SUV which I can fill up pretty much anywhere I go.

And I doubt you actually own a Tesla as you are so incredibly ignorant regarding the charging infrastructure (or more accurately: the lack thereof).

If I wanted to impress people I'd have purchased a Rolls Royce, but since I'm a car nut that dislikes driving a house.....no thank you.

I'm a Tesla owner, and I know many, and haven't heard of the 'pain in the ass' problems. Why don't you list some for me.

People can't find charge stations in Silicon Valley? Aren't the more prevalent than Starbucks? I just checked the list, there are 490 between Santa Clara and Mountain View. Isn't that enough?

The only thing that scares me about the Tesla is that it has a computer that learns. Think of the implications of that.

All business in this country receives direct/in-direct subsidies from the government.

I've never sat at a charging station for hours. If I travel over 300 miles, I fly.

The 4 supercharger stations are owned by Tesla. The 486 are private at employers, hotels, etc. All are available to the public. All 20 of the charger stations on the Vegas strip are supercharger.

The other ones are Destination Stations, and are just regular chargers that take hours. These are the ones that people fight over. No thanks. I'll happily continue driving my fossil fueled SUV which I can fill up pretty much anywhere I go.

And I doubt you actually own a Tesla as you are so incredibly ignorant regarding the charging infrastructure (or more accurately: the lack thereof).

The other ones are Destination Stations, and are just regular chargers that take hours.

And you know this how?

The other ones are Destination Stations, and are just regular chargers that take hours.

And you know this how?

I am able to read and have conversations with actual people in real life. I know it is unPC to make fun of the differently-abled, but SRSLY, how on earth to you cope with the real world?

And, I can use a SEARCH ENGINE, here: Destination stations are as Simple As Charging AT HOME. IOW, they take HOURS to perform a charge.

Destination Charging
Convenient charging at hotels, restaurants and shopping centers.
Tesla partners with hotels, restaurants, shopping centers and resorts to make charging when you arrive at your destination as simple as charging at home. Pull up and plug into a Tesla wall connector to charge Model S while you shop, dine, or even during an overnight stay.

Destination Charging | Tesla Motors

And you know this how?

I am able to read and have conversations with actual people in real life. I know it is unPC to make fun of the differently-abled, but SRSLY, how on earth to you cope with the real world?

And, I can use a SEARCH ENGINE, here: Destination stations are as Simple As Charging AT HOME. IOW, they take HOURS to perform a charge.

Destination Charging
Tesla partners with hotels, restaurants, shopping centers and resorts to make charging when you arrive at your destination as simple as charging at home. Pull up and plug into a Tesla wall connector to charge Model S while you shop, dine, or even during an overnight stay.

Destination Charging

And again, you pull in, plug in, and hit the rapid charge button, JUST LIKE AT HOME.

According to the two or three Tesla owners up here in Alaska, the car can't hack it in the winter. Still, up here we're kind of used to having "seasonal" vehicles. The two I've spoken two really love the vehicle and have no intention of getting rid of them, they said they'd just buy Subaru's for the winter heh

Lexus is on my parents shit list, they apparently have a design flaw in their flagship that causes the vehicle to clunk disturbingly when one breaks heavy. They blew my Father off saying the problem was irreparable and ended up buying the car back from him at full price after a year in mediation. They picked up a beamer that they love so I guess all's well that end's well, personally I don't like the way BMW's handle, it's like driving a damn truck. I'll buy a fucking truck with more clearance if I want that feel the dolts. I think Audi is the only lux car I like stateside. I really want an AM Vanquish Volante, but it's too much of a damn hassle to get up here :/ I'll stick with a big SUV; sold off my Durango a couple years ago because we don't need that much tow capacity anymore, and picked up a Trailblazer and it's just about right. I wanted a Subaru Tribeca but I was never able to find one in the right colors (We refuse to go to our local official Subaru place cause they're asshats) Now Subaru stopped making them :( Although the new Outback is getting closer to the sweeping interior of the Tribeca so maybe it'll get closer to the "big surround" feel I loved. I hate buying cars, every time I find something I like they stop making them or there's some flaw I can't deal with :/

And you know this how?

Destination Charging

Destination Charging

And again, you pull in, plug in, and hit the rapid charge button, JUST LIKE AT HOME.

And just like at home, you wait hours for a charge instead of spending a few minutes filling up the tank with gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And you know this how?

Destination Charging

Destination Charging

And just like at home, you wait hours for a charge instead of spending a few minutes filling up the tank with gas.

And again dumb-ass, you push the rapid charge button.

And you know this how?

Destination Charging

Destination Charging

Which must be why they stress how you can wait for your car to charge while having dinner or even spending the night.

And you know this how?

Destination Charging

Destination Charging

Which must be why they stress how you can wait for your car to charge while having dinner or even spending the night.

You stop, plug-in, hit Starbucks and the restroom, and when you return you're fully charged. What's the problem?

Plus, you have a car that smokes a 707hp challenger SRT Hellcat.

Destination Charging

Destination Charging

You stop, plug-in, hit Starbucks and the restroom, and when you return you're fully charged. What's the problem?

I loathe Starbucks, and considering the traffic in the Bay Area, anything over 55mph is often theoretical.

Again, you sound more like you are trying to convince yourself that your giant Battery Boat Anchor is a good idea. Keep it up as you ride the depreciation and save up for the Incredibly Expensive Replacement Battery before too long.

And you know this how?

Destination Charging

Destination Charging

You can take your tesla and shove it up your ass...
They're all pieces of shit

Destination Charging

I loathe Starbucks, and considering the traffic in the Bay Area, anything over 55mph is often theoretical.

Again, you sound more like you are trying to convince yourself that your giant Battery Boat Anchor is a good idea. Keep it up as you ride the depreciation and save up for the Incredibly Expensive Replacement Battery before too long.

More ignorant bloviating.

More ignorant bloviating.
Tesla = POS for gul·li·ble suckers

When Tesla is using their own batteries from the plant in Reno, the Tesla will have the highest amount of made in America parts of any car made, over 90%. And it will be the fastest production car, zero to the legal limit, built in America. That our 'Conservatives' hate it is obvious, for they hate America and anything that is pioneered in America. Treasonous little fucks like Rustic.

Forum List

Back