For Tesla Owner, Losing a Wheel Was Just the First Surprise

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Lmao...

For Tesla Owner, Losing a Wheel Was Just the First Surprise

Pete Cordaro was creeping down a dirt road in his 2013 Tesla Model S
electric car, on a Sunday outing with his wife to hunt mushrooms in the Pennsylvania woods, when he encountered a pothole and then heard a loud crack.

The front of the car just dropped,” he said. “The left front wheel just detached from the car.”

When Tesla picked up his car, Mr. Cordaro was at first told he would have to pay for the repairs because they were from normal wear. After pressing his case with a Tesla manager, he was told the company would pay part of the cost — as long as he signed a nondisclosure agreement.

Neither the equipment breakdown nor the confidentiality demand turned out to be an isolated case. And now they have Tesla Motors on the defensive.

After the nation’s top auto safety regulator raised questions about reports of suspension problems with the Model S, Tesla declared in a blog post on Friday that the suspension system had no safety defects. But what set the case apart from other auto safety episodes was the introduction of a nondisclosure agreement into the relationship between car owner and automaker — an unusual practice by an unconventional company whose founder, Elon Musk, has roots in Silicon Valley, not Detroit.

But the practice has raised concerns that it could prevent owners from reporting safety problems to theNational Highway Traffic Safety Administration, which called Tesla’s use of such agreements “troublesome,” and told the company not to use terms that dissuade people from reporting safety concerns to the agency.

On Friday, a Tesla spokeswoman said in an email that “to remove any doubt,” the automaker would modify the language of the documents to make clear that the goal “is to benefit customers, while not harming us for doing a good deed.” She did not elaborate on how it would be changed.

Without billions of government grants and credits Tesla wouldn't exist

Which makes a good case for their usefulness to economy...right?

Or are you saying that Tesla is less of a company for taking start up grants (and then repaying them well ahead of agreement)?

Or are you saying that Tesla is less of a company for having taking start up grants (and then repaying them well ahead of agreement)?

I said they wouldn't exist without government funding...and it wasn't "start up grants". Get informed before you bother me again

You're sort of stupid. Get informed and you won't look like a useless tool....and save the middle school BS, it's so middle school

HA! Lack of self-awareness is amazing. You must be a right-winger, aren't you darling?

Pipe down, troll or you'll join the other trolls in ignore...and get back on topic, it's the rules here

Ok I'm sorry to have hurt your fragile feelings. Let's be friends. :smiliehug:

Say friend, do you think Tesla is less of a company for taking a government grant and building a successful business that is revolutionizing automotive industry?

They'll have to sell a lot of cars to make up nearly 5 billion in taxpayer money.

No they will not, since they already paid off the grants

Tesla Repays Department of Energy Loan Nine Years Early

I think you are talking about Tesla having to make up the renewable energy incentives that government(s) provide and I think they will more than do that given that they are one of the worlds most innovative and transformative companies...right here in the good ol' US of A.

Last edited:
LOL You're leaving out the other 4 1/2 billion in taxpayer money. You're so transparent and clueless as to what type of credits and government money Tesla is receiving. Get up to speed and then comment

Or are you saying that Tesla is less of a company for taking start up grants (and then repaying them well ahead of agreement)?
GM still hasn't payed us back but if a company needs public money something is being pushed ahead of market demand.

LOL You're leaving out the other 4 1/2 billion in taxpayer money. You're so transparent and clueless as to what type of credits and government money Tesla is receiving. Get up to speed and then comment

And you aren't really addressing the argument, but instead are throwing another round of name calling and bailing on substance.

GM still hasn't payed us back but if a company needs public money something is being pushed ahead of market demand.

To righties that seems like sacrilege in itself, to everyone else it isn't.

Are we really not better off for having a demand bending company like Tesla? And lets not forget where other funding for Tesla came from - the internet, another "ahead of demand" tech that our government helped to cradle.

To righties that seems like sacrilege in itself, to everyone else it isn't.

Are we really not better off for having a demand bending company like Tesla? And lets not forget where other funding for Tesla came from - the internet, another "ahead of demand" tech that our government helped to cradle.
There is no real demand for the Tesla. Lefties talk shit, it's all they have. They do sell some, but only because the cost is heavily subsidized by the government. Now some uber rich Hollywood type or CEO might own one and pay the actual price but that's about it. Seems to me like the internet became what it is by private hands, not government. They may have sparked the invention but the private sector took the ball and ran with it.

But you could understand the point I made with you head buried so deep in it's safe space. I said if a company needs public money it's being pushed ahead of market demand. Get some air, try again.

There is no real demand for the Tesla. Lefties talk shit, it's all they have. They do sell some, but only because the cost is heavily subsidized by the government. Now some uber rich Hollywood type or CEO might own one and pay the actual price but that's about it.

No real demand for Tesla? You are...well lets say all you have is talking sht.

1280px-Global_sales_Tesla_Model_S_by_quarter.png

Over 300,000 Model 3s were reserved...which is a year away from release.

Do you think you can spot some real demand in there or do you think government is somehow doing that?

Seems to me like the internet became what it is by private hands, not government. They may have sparked the invention but the private sector took the ball and ran with it.

Surely you are aware that Tesla is a private company.

Yes, government often helps with the initial investment on tech and private market takes it and grows it to full potential. Each has a role.

But you could understand the point I made with you head buried so deep in it's safe space. I said if a company needs public money it's being pushed ahead of market demand. Get some air, try again.

Nothing you said convinces me that I understood you less than completely clearly.

Forum List

Back