Football, meat pies, kangaroos and Auzzie Cars

gtopa1

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2012
Oz
I have been floating around the place and now wish to commit; I like it here. As a newbie, I will be suitably respectful of all members unless they prove undeserving. I call it as I see it and would be best described as a common sense conservative.

Now the important bit; Obama is obviously in over his pay grade, and there is no way any of the GOP contenders would do a worse job than the current occupant of the White House. It is sad to see what has become the Democrat Party...but that's their problem.

Oh; and I sign my posts out of respect for the readers...should there be any.

Greg

Thank you, Dave. We have our fair share of nutters and loons, but I think we are a pretty good Ally and Friend to the US. Had your Pres down here recently...not sure an extra 2500 Marines are going to do a lot in securing Asia but it was a good photo op.

Greg

BigBlackDog

"Let's put some shrimp on the barbie..."

Crikey...what would the fuzz say??? Oh; you mean "prawns"???

Oddly enough, I never had heard of such a thing until Hoges did that ad. Have never actually done it, though I have helped light a fire under a half ton sea turtle.... it fed a dozen different mobs over quite a few days. Was even better than mangrove worms.

Greg

They think a throw away sentence from the likes of Beck, Rush, Hannity or O'Reilly is some intriguing insight,

I don't think so. A lot of us can make up our own minds.

Dr Grump.

I have played all four codes over the years but there IS only one game played in heaven!!! I believe that it is Rugby....though each have their strong points.

Greg

Last edited:
dabs:

Thank you. I like it when people aren't scared of stating what they think is right and hang the consequences. You've got my vote. lol

Greg

Dr Grump

"we wouldn't be able to make a moral decision without it,"

Nonsense. Religion says that the Law is written on each person's heart....that in a real way dscribes what are often called "moral imperatives". One need not be a believer to make moral decisions; it is a part of the human condition to do so. imo.

Greg

expat500

"A lot of us can make up our own minds."

It seems that the situation where conservatives debate their differences is alien to our lefty pals. One must wonder what it is they are making of the Pub debates??? They are agreeing with each other on everything???? The hottest arguments are not usually on what must be adopted; they are about what must be kept.

Greg

Dr Grump

"we wouldn't be able to make a moral decision without it,"

Nonsense. Religion says that the Law is written on each person's heart....that in a real way dscribes what are often called "moral imperatives". One need not be a believer to make moral decisions; it is a part of the human condition to do so. imo.

Greg

I think you'll find that is what Hitchens is saying...

Dr Grump

I'm talking about a particular kind of conservative.

Yep; there are some poor unfortunate conservatives who are as mindless as liberals...but we are charitable towards them as they are well intentioned and thankfully very small in number.

Greg

expat500

There are indeed many threads here of interest. I wonder how the hardware would handle a 100000 post thread??? Probably quite well from the set-up.

Greg

Thank you, Dave. We have our fair share of nutters and loons, but I think we are a pretty good Ally and Friend to the US. Had your Pres down here recently...not sure an extra 2500 Marines are going to do a lot in securing Asia but it was a good photo op.

Greg

For Obama, yea... for the Marines, not so much. :lol:

Welcome to the board.

Greg

For Obama, yea... for the Marines, not so much. :lol:

Welcome to the board.

Darwin wouldn't be a bad gig...pretty hot, but could be worse. Just don't go swimming in the sea....if the crocs don't get you, the box jellyfish might...

Forum List

Back