Football, meat pies, kangaroos and Auzzie Cars

I have been floating around the place and now wish to commit; I like it here. As a newbie, I will be suitably respectful of all members unless they prove undeserving. I call it as I see it and would be best described as a common sense conservative.

Now the important bit; Obama is obviously in over his pay grade, and there is no way any of the GOP contenders would do a worse job than the current occupant of the White House. It is sad to see what has become the Democrat Party...but that's their problem.

Oh; and I sign my posts out of respect for the readers...should there be any.

Greg

What???

No lamingtons?????

Dr Grump

I think you'll find that is what Hitchens is saying...

Hitchens said many things...some right; some merely his opinion. If he said that then he re-invented an old Biblical saying.

Greg

Thank you, Dave. We have our fair share of nutters and loons, but I think we are a pretty good Ally and Friend to the US. Had your Pres down here recently...not sure an extra 2500 Marines are going to do a lot in securing Asia but it was a good photo op.

Greg

For Obama, yea... for the Marines, not so much. :lol:

Welcome to the board.

Thank you. Darwin during the "dry" season is fantastic.Still hot of a day time but the nights are quite cool...OK; 75-80oF. During the "wet" season not so much...while the "silly" season is crazy.

Greg

Last edited:
I have been floating around the place and now wish to commit; I like it here. As a newbie, I will be suitably respectful of all members unless they prove undeserving. I call it as I see it and would be best described as a common sense conservative.

Now the important bit; Obama is obviously in over his pay grade, and there is no way any of the GOP contenders would do a worse job than the current occupant of the White House. It is sad to see what has become the Democrat Party...but that's their problem.

Greg

What???

No lamingtons?????

There are some in the freezer; want some??

Greg

Thank you, Dave. We have our fair share of nutters and loons, but I think we are a pretty good Ally and Friend to the US. Had your Pres down here recently...not sure an extra 2500 Marines are going to do a lot in securing Asia but it was a good photo op.

Greg

For Obama, yea... for the Marines, not so much. :lol:

Welcome to the board.

Darwin wouldn't be a bad gig...pretty hot, but could be worse. Just don't go swimming in the sea....if the crocs don't get you, the box jellyfish might...

There is one local beach which was netted off during the year. We found half a dozen box jellyfish on the beach inside the netted area one morning. We quickly picked them up and threw them away...rubbish tip bound. The bells have no tentacles on them.

But the crocs are a bit of a worry....so always swim with a dog or a friend.

Greg

Never been to Darwin. My SIL was visiting us last weekend. She has been to Perth and Darwin and said if we had a choice to go to Darwin. Have been to Perth, which was pretty good value, so Darwin must be A-ok too

Thank you to all who welcomed me back then. I've been away a bit and didn't even remember this when i got back. Dr Grump; if you're still around then Darwin is a fantastic place. One must be prepared to accept it for what it is...and it is pretty good.

Greg

Greg

Welcome aboard, Mate! Might ya want to be gettin pissed???

(non aussies are not going to get that one....)

:lol:

Greg
welcome to the site and just so you know,it doesn't matter if we get a GOP president in office to replace obozo.each president that gets in is always worse than the previous one,has been ever since 1981.thats because its a ONE PARTY SYSTEM of demopublicans and reprocrats designed to look like two parties so the sheople think they have a choice in who gets elected.

nothing ever changes and we remain in this facist dictatorship we live in now that we have been brainwashed in over the decades by our corrupt school system into believeing is a free country when its in reality an oppressed country run by a facist dictatorship government.

Both parties serve the bankers instead of the people,till we get an independent in office who will serve the people there is no hope for America or the world.

Greg

Nah: why waste good booze on a gig where you can't remember what it tastes like?? Thanks for the greeting though.

Greg

Greg
welcome to the site and just so you know,it doesn't matter if we get a GOP president in office to replace obozo.each president that gets in is always worse than the previous one,has been ever since 1981.thats because its a ONE PARTY SYSTEM of demopublicans and reprocrats designed to look like two parties so the sheople think they have a choice in who gets elected.

nothing ever changes and we remain in this facist dictatorship we live in now that we have been brainwashed in over the decades by our corrupt school system into believeing is a free country when its in reality an oppressed country run by a facist dictatorship government.

Both parties serve the bankers instead of the people,till we get an independent in office who will serve the people there is no hope for America or the world.

Thanks for the greeting but the only fascists I know about were the ones my family shot during WW2, and after that the Soviet Fascists who took over their country, though there were fewer of them after the event than started it. I disagree with you about the US system. I would dearly love the old Blue Dogs to win their party back; I really believe America needs them.

Greg

Greg

Thanks for the greeting but the only fascists I know about were the ones my family shot during WW2, and after that the Soviet Fascists who took over their country, though there were fewer of them after the event than started it. I disagree with you about the US system. I would dearly love the old Blue Dogs to win their party back; I really believe America needs them.

Greg
no offense but if you think there is any difference between the two parties then you are too far gone for me to even try to reason with.bushwacker who had the lowest approval rating of any president ever when leaving office,obama has not only continued his policys,he has expanded them.sorry don't see the difference there.dont tell me you actually believe the people elect these people in put them in office,that they aren't selected for us and whoever the establishment wants in,doesnt serve them to be their willing puppet?:biggrin:

our last REAL president we had who served the people instead of the bankers paid the price for it on on nov 22nd 1963. he was our last real president cause he did serve the people instead of the bankers and he paid the price for it. when you don't do what they tell you to do which he wasn't,thats the price you pay for it.

Greg

Nah: why waste good booze on a gig where you can't remember what it tastes like?? Thanks for the greeting though.

Greg
Lol.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

Greg

Greg
no offense but if you think there is any difference between the two parties then you are too far gone for me to even try to reason with.bushwacker who had the lowest approval rating of any president ever when leaving office,obama has not only continued his policys,he has expanded them.sorry don't see the difference there.dont tell me you actually believe the people elect these people in put them in office,that they aren't selected for us and whoever the establishment wants in,doesnt serve them to be their willing puppet?:biggrin:

our last REAL president we had who served the people instead of the bankers paid the price for it on on nov 22nd 1963. he was our last real president cause he did serve the people instead of the bankers and he paid the price for it. when you don't do what they tell you to do which he wasn't,thats the price you pay for it.

No worries old son. Personally I don't give a damn about the polls or ratings. Only elections count. Frankly Bush was bloody good, and I consider what he did in Iraq to be an amazing feat of Nation Building. But hey: shit happens. How long did India take to sort out itself and Pakistan, and then Bangladesh after that?? But that's neither here nor there. I agree on Obama on one point; his policies leave a lot to be desired. Still: you aren't a total loss; JFK was indeed a President of whom America can be proud...even if he did a lot of fvck ups along the way. And yes: there is a lot of mything about him, but why should ALL of my childhood heroes be perfect?

Greg

Greg

Greg
Lol.

Double lol on that one! Thank old Huey for German /English translators.

Greg

Greg

Greg
Lol.

Greg

Uhm, not real sure what you mean there. I certainly do not need a German/English translator. But I have had lots of Aussie colleagues and I have been down-under. :)

:cuckoo:

Greg

Greg

No worries old son. Personally I don't give a damn about the polls or ratings. Only elections count. Frankly Bush was bloody good, and I consider what he did in Iraq to be an amazing feat of Nation Building. But hey: shit happens. How long did India take to sort out itself and Pakistan, and then Bangladesh after that?? But that's neither here nor there. I agree on Obama on one point; his policies leave a lot to be desired. Still: you aren't a total loss; JFK was indeed a President of whom America can be proud...even if he did a lot of fvck ups along the way. And yes: there is a lot of mything about him, but why should ALL of my childhood heroes be perfect?

Greg
bush was bloody good?if you are actually serious then your too far gone for me to reason with at this point.Bush sr former director of CIA operative-"oh and just so you know the CIA really does make the third reich look like a bunch of choir boys,Bush sr's fingerprints are all over the JFK assassination."every single president we have had since JFK has been more evil and corrupt than the previous one -carter - being the exception, ford was much worse.and always will be as long as we have this ONE PARTY SYSTEM you actually believe is a two party system .Let me guess,you actually believe oswald killed JFK and was the lone assassin right? :lmao:well guess what? 80% of americans disagree with you because they are aware of how the government altered testimonys.

see you have been programmed your whole life into believeing there is a difference in the two parties.I was programmed myself about it one time.only differerence between you and me is I can accept it that i was programmed and brainwashed.Now Im awake,you obviously are not.

see you arent listening cause i got to repeat myself again-obama has not only contiuned a-hole Bushs policys but has expanded them.the patriot act needs to be called the UNPATRIOT ACT because itsnot for us its against us.Bush was so unpopular leaving office because of it,obama said he would vote against it if he became president but he lied and when he became president,he voted to reintate it and your telling me this absurd nonsense that Bush is any different than Obama?:lmao::lmao:

Greg

Greg
Lol.

Greg

Uhm, not real sure what you mean there. I certainly do not need a German/English translator. But I have had lots of Aussie colleagues and I have been down-under. :)

I had to use one to interpret the "Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk" bit. My knowledge of German is ZERO. I've been to Germany while in transit to Bulgaria and the UK; had a fantastic experience of German hospitality in Frankfurt. I had a day to spend while waiting for a connection and the airline had lost my luggage. I was in some comfortable travel clothes which was a t-shirt, shorts and "flip flops".....so my attire was somewhat undignified. (Fortunately the airport had a washing machine in the room so I was able to wash and dry my clothes). A small group of young people struck up a conversation with me and we spent a fair amount of the day together seeing the sights and so on. They were fantastic. I would have been lost without them...literally

Greg

:cuckoo:

Greg

Greg

Greg
bush was bloody good?if you are actually serious then your too far gone for me to reason with at this point.Bush sr former director of CIA operative-"oh and just so you know the CIA really does make the third reich look like a bunch of choir boys,Bush sr's fingerprints are all over the JFK assassination."every single president we have had since JFK has been more evil and corrupt than the previous one -carter - being the exception, ford was much worse.and always will be as long as we have this ONE PARTY SYSTEM you actually believe is a two party system .Let me guess,you actually believe oswald killed JFK and was the lone assassin right? :lmao:well guess what? 80% of americans disagree with you because they are aware of how the government altered testimonys.

see you have been programmed your whole life into believeing there is a difference in the two parties.I was programmed myself about it one time.only differerence between you and me is I can accept it that i was programmed and brainwashed.Now Im awake,you obviously are not.

see you arent listening cause i got to repeat myself again-obama has not only contiuned a-hole Bushs policys but has expanded them.the patriot act needs to be called the UNPATRIOT ACT because itsnot for us its against us.Bush was so unpopular leaving office because of it,obama said he would vote against it if he became president but he lied and when he became president,he voted to reintate it and your telling me this absurd nonsense that Bush is any different than Obama?:lmao::lmao:

"if you are actually serious then your too far gone for me to reason with at this point"

I doubt I will miss the pleasure of your company. Have a nice day.

Greg

Forum List

Back