Food Stamp Rolls Plummet Because of Work Requirement

In MANY STATES, EBT cards can be used at liquor stores.

And strip clubs....

One can get cash back from their EBT account at any outlet that accepts debit cards and gives cash back.

What's to stop someone from getting cash at a liquor store or strip club and using taxpayer money to fund booze and lap dances?

Dem lawmakers don't give a shit, they just want the votes. They don't care about waste in the system.

Food stamps cannot be spent like cash.

Interesting you boneheads are so concerned about the poor receiving welfare benefits but don't say a word about corporate welfare which costs this country Billions more.

Quit whining about "Corporate Welfare". You didn't do a damn thing for eight years except to increase it.

And strip clubs....

One can get cash back from their EBT account at any outlet that accepts debit cards and gives cash back.

What's to stop someone from getting cash at a liquor store or strip club and using taxpayer money to fund booze and lap dances?

Dem lawmakers don't give a shit, they just want the votes. They don't care about waste in the system.

As usual, you are wrong.

$13M food stamp scheme busted; 22 people charged

Alabama began 2017 by requiring able-bodied adults without children in 13 counties to either find a job or participate in work training as a condition for continuing to receive Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits.

According to AL.com, the number of those recipients declined from 5,538 to 831 between Jan. 1 and the beginning of May – an 85 percent drop.

Alabama has about 850,000 residents on SNAP, so reducing by 4000 was a .5% reduction.
Distort the math much????

You wouldn't have a preconceived political agenda, would you?

Oh boy!

Maybe I'll be able to save an extra 2-3 cents this week because I won't have all those welfare cheats taking me for everything I'm worth.
2-3 cents? Sounds about right - apparently, that's everything you're worth.

Interesting you boneheads are so concerned about the poor receiving welfare benefits but don't say a word about corporate welfare which costs this country Billions more.
Deflection at its finest ... don't address the issue, deflect everybody's attentions somewhere else.

Working for food?!

What is this? Nazi Germany?

Imagine making people work to obtain their food
America has become soooo harsh
There needs to be an Affirmative Feeding program which allows the oppressed to get some freebies while the non Minority oppressors have to go work some more to pay for it
Communists would prefer labor "camps" or "communes" and then the food be rationed.

You know, like they do in China and N. Korea and now Venezuela.

And strip clubs....

You are SO out of touch with reality .... maybe you need to look around.

Oh boy!

Maybe I'll be able to save an extra 2-3 cents this week because I won't have all those welfare cheats taking me for everything I'm worth.
Sigh...

The US spent a trillion dollars last year on welfare. There are approximately 138 million tax payers. That is roughly $7200 per tax payer.

Oh boy!

Sigh...

The US spent a trillion dollars last year on welfare. There are approximately 138 million tax payers. That is roughly $7200 per tax payer.
No, no .... it's okay.

We borrowed most of it.

Alabama began 2017 by requiring able-bodied adults without children in 13 counties to either find a job or participate in work training as a condition for continuing to receive Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits.

According to AL.com, the number of those recipients declined from 5,538 to 831 between Jan. 1 and the beginning of May – an 85 percent drop.

Alabama has about 850,000 residents on SNAP, so reducing by 4000 was a .5% reduction.

Then you tell us what percentage of 850,000 4000 is.

Figures don't lie ---- but liars figure.

There are an estimated 10,000,000,000,000 stars in the universe. What percentage is 4,000 of that?

It's just as pertinent to the discussion as your non sequitur.

We're talking about the food stamp program. You try to demean the result by deflection. And, frankly, you didn't even do a good job of that.

l_1403_956747823ce717fa7ac4cbf259912092

Wonder how these free loaders vote....

And strip clubs....

You are SO out of touch with reality .... maybe you need to look around.

Figures don't lie ---- but liars figure.

There are an estimated 10,000,000,000,000 stars in the universe. What percentage is 4,000 of that?

It's just as pertinent to the discussion as your non sequitur.

We're talking about the food stamp program. You try to demean the result by deflection. And, frankly, you didn't even do a good job of that.

I used the OP as a reference. Alabama has 850,000 people on food stamps. The work requirement in that state reduced the rolls by 4000.

4000 is one half of one percent of 850,000.

It's a joke. When the work requirement was suspended, people couldn't find jobs because ..... we were losing hundreds of thousands of jobs. Now we have jobs in abundance, albeit mostly lowering paying and not evenly distributed in the country. And do we really want to discuss Obama's possible effect on this? LOL

But that isn't to say Trump is not having an effect too, and imo this is a good effect. They need to take their kids and get out.

Deportation Fears Prompt Immigrants To Cancel Food Stamps

Forum List

Back