Florida lawmakers propose military service as alternative to jail time

That is a horrible idea.

It is not a bad idea, it used to be somewhat the norm.

But now it is illegal, if it is found out someone got off from a jail sentence to join the military they are disqualified for life. When I was on recruiting duty I got a couple people off of pending charges by putting them in the Corps, but always had to make sure that was nowhere in the court or police documents.

We are not talking about violent felons or anything like that.

Why don't we have all kids right out of high school / at age 18 go into the military or military style service...all go to boot camp. They would not all have to serve in a 'fighting' capacity but could learn a trade, serve their local/state communities cleaning up / restoring buildings/ parks / roads, learn a trade....learn some discipline, (self-)respect, etc...serve minimum 2...or 4...years....

I've been saying this since I was in my teens!!!!!
Everybody just laughed at me.

Convicts can serve MANY, MANY, MAAAANNNNYYYY useful purposes!!!!!

Medical test subjects.
Experimental test subjects.....like new types of rockets/space ships.
Dangerous work laborer......like in coal mines, digging for oil, or digging tunnels.
Cleaning up city dumps.
Cleaning up that garbage island floating in the sea!
BUILDING THE WALL!!
Patching roads and highways.
Working in homeless kitchens year round.

Using them in the military as--
test subjects
front line runners
bomb deactivators
intel spies in hostile territories
tank drivers going into battle
helicopter pilots going into battle
etc...

Most of these prisoners claim they never had a chance for a real life and are "victims" of their surroundings. I find this a toddlers excuse, not a mans excuse.

Give them something to help them make up their minds on who and what they are, and if there's something else out in the world they can do besides being criminals.

All the while, serving their time by DOING something for society and their country, not sitting around getting fat, watching cable TV, and trolling the internet while WE pay for it all.

That's an interesting proposition. It's better than just leaving them free to terrorize the country. But I don't really think they will be easy to utilize because of their inability to follow instructions-rules-orders. Maybe use them as cannon fodder.

Why don't we have all kids right out of high school / at age 18 go into the military or military style service...all go to boot camp. They would not all have to serve in a 'fighting' capacity but could learn a trade, serve their local/state communities cleaning up / restoring buildings/ parks / roads, learn a trade....learn some discipline, (self-)respect, etc...serve minimum 2...or 4...years....

I think the ONLY countries that do NOT do this are ones without military forces and the USA.
All other countries, you have to serve some time in a government or military service position once you are out of school.

That's an interesting proposition. It's better than just leaving them free to terrorize the country. But I don't really think they will be easy to utilize because of their inability to follow instructions-rules-orders. Maybe use them as cannon fodder.

We are talking about first timers, or non-deadly type criminals.

There would be other uses for the murderers, lunatics, and drug lords......and corrupt politicians.

LOL! I WENT STRAIGHT TO COLLEGE. NO WAY I WOULD EVER TAKE A COMMAND FROM ANYONE. THEM RECRUITERS CAME PROMISING THE WORLD.
LOL..

I've been saying this since I was in my teens!!!!!
Everybody just laughed at me.

Convicts can serve MANY, MANY, MAAAANNNNYYYY useful purposes!!!!!

Medical test subjects.
Experimental test subjects.....like new types of rockets/space ships.
Dangerous work laborer......like in coal mines, digging for oil, or digging tunnels.
Cleaning up city dumps.
Cleaning up that garbage island floating in the sea!
BUILDING THE WALL!!
Patching roads and highways.
Working in homeless kitchens year round.

Using them in the military as--
test subjects
front line runners
bomb deactivators
intel spies in hostile territories
tank drivers going into battle
helicopter pilots going into battle
etc...

Most of these prisoners claim they never had a chance for a real life and are "victims" of their surroundings. I find this a toddlers excuse, not a mans excuse.

Give them something to help them make up their minds on who and what they are, and if there's something else out in the world they can do besides being criminals.

All the while, serving their time by DOING something for society and their country, not sitting around getting fat, watching cable TV, and trolling the internet while WE pay for it all.
I'm for well run efficient labor camps. 12 hr 6 day a week shifts in comfortable conditions. Those who do not comply put in a 4 by 7 cell until they get the msg

We are talking about first timers, or non-deadly type criminals.

There would be other uses for the murderers, lunatics, and drug lords......and corrupt politicians.
Example. That idiot that killed all those people in a parade.

He should be put on an operating table and all usable organs and tissues used to save other people

The rest sent to medical schools for study

Send his ears for the family to bury

Conscription isn't exactly freedom, though.

Forum List

Back