Florida health official placed on leave after encouraging employees to get vaccinated

C_Clayton_Jones

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2011
In a Republic, actually
“The Florida Department of Health on Tuesday placed a top official on administrative leave after he allegedly encouraged employees to get vaccinated against coronavirus.”

Placed on administrative leave for doing the right thing.

Interesting.

Weesam Khoury, a spokesman for the Florida Department of Health, confirmed to The Washington Post that Pino was placed on administrative leave. He did not offer details on what led to the decision or how long Pino would be on leave, but suggested that state officials are investigating whether the Orange County official violated state law. Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, R, signed into law in the fall a measure that prohibits state government agencies from implementing vaccine mandates.
Ron felt bad about dating after viewing Pino's gut and tukus. :(

“The Florida Department of Health on Tuesday placed a top official on administrative leave after he allegedly encouraged employees to get vaccinated against coronavirus.”

Interesting.
Encouraged, nothing. You know the bastard threatened them with getting fired or never promoted.

Interesting.
Awesome. Move to NY.

I keep saying to people that those who particiate in coercion are always the first ones to suffer the consequences of their own participation in it once the gig is up. The useful idiots are always the first ones to get tossed under the bus. Every time.

I mean, how many times have I said that? Hm? At least a guh zillion. Duh.

But alas. Nobody ever listens....

Last edited:
From the OP’s link: "As the decision to get vaccinated is a personal medical choice that should be made free from coercion and mandates from employers, the employee in question has been placed on administrative leave, and the Florida Department of Health is conducting an inquiry to determine if any laws were broken in this case," Khoury said in a statement. "The Department is committed to upholding all laws, including the ban on vaccine mandates for government employees and will take appropriate action once additional information is known."

More will obviously be coming out about the story. Apparently, this guy really went overboard as other posters have mentioned. Publicly stating they were checking to make sure no state laws were violated sounds like a lawsuit if a false statement.

Interesting.
He was NOT doing the right thing.

This is why I have zero sympathy for these sycophants when they keel over and die from Covid.

You eff w/the bull, you get the horns!

Encouraged, nothing. You know the bastard threatened them with getting fired or never promoted.
Only going by this one article, he had to do enough wrong to result in the statement about laws, that they are going to find out if he broke any state laws. That kind of action typically requires evidence of the fact, not guesswork nor strictly “hearsay evidence”.

"As the decision to get vaccinated is a personal medical choice that should be made free from coercion and mandates from employers, the employee in question has been placed on administrative leave, and the Florida Department of Health is conducting an inquiry to determine if any laws were broken in this case," Khoury said in a statement. "The Department is committed to upholding all laws, including the ban on vaccine mandates for government employees. . . .

DeSantis for President!

We had one of these fascist health department heads in my county, too, and he spouted off, and the County Council fired him outright! Best thing they've done in a long time.

He browbeat employees. That is not "encouraging" them.
How is the following "browbeating"?

"I am sorry but in the absence of reasonable and real reasons it is irresponsible not to be vaccinated," he wrote on Jan. 4. "We have been at this for two years, we were the first to give vaccines to the masses, we have done more than 300,000 and we are not even at 50%, pathetic."

He added: "I have a hard time understanding how we can be in public health and not practice it."

Forum List

Back