First Man

you see me protesting in the streets? you see me demanding the refilm it according to my own desires?

no. all i've said is i won't go see it which is my own right, is it not?

when you can actually show me an angry mob of republicans, holler. til then you're just fart noise out of a random elephant.
You know when Trump really strikes a nerve. Leftists try to adopt and co-opt the insult. I guess it helps take the sting out for them. Unfortunately, everyone else sees it as validation...
oh i find it funny when they say we're angry and/or a mob when ONE person is expressing an opinion they don't like.

not angry about this. nothing to be angry over. it's a movie and a stupid one at that. i simply won't go see it and there. i do my protesting from home. the left, when they don't like something THEN you get to see an angry mob who not only won't go see it but demand no one else does either.

hell, keep the movie and i'll pop my popcorn watching the left foam at the mouth.
That will sure teach the left. Your fee at the theatre will be sorely missed. You are starting to sound like a complaining child. Blame what ever short comings this movie has on the director not half the country. If some idiot wants to make a movie that historically incorrect that is their buisness not the entire democratic party. I agree with your not supporting it assuming they have indeed made such an error. Whinning and blame spread could have been done with out.
good thing i see you pop up and tell the left all their whining is pointless also.

and last i checked, this is an open forum for conversation on current events OF WHICH this is most certainly one. you don't like it - haul your happy ass into another thread.
They fucking whine plenty also. They do not tend to force single decisions made by one or a few people on an entire group. You are are not bucktoothmoron or brokeloser who tend to place the actions of one on all. Do not be like them. I have been chastized by some of the lefties especially when I said I will vote for some republicans this fall. Not all republicans are bad not all dems are bad. I have heard so much whining from both sides I found myself doing it. That is when shit has to stop. My mother is the perfect example of the whinning left. You can't tell mom to STFU, it is an issue that effect's my every day life. Lets blame the perp not an entire culture or party.
if people whining affects your every day life, that's YOUR problem. your whining about others whining isn't going to help.

i'm going to speak my mind and if you wish to talk "intelligently" about the topic, i'm in. if you want to just scream STOP IT i'm out.

your move, chief.

You know when Trump really strikes a nerve. Leftists try to adopt and co-opt the insult. I guess it helps take the sting out for them. Unfortunately, everyone else sees it as validation...
oh i find it funny when they say we're angry and/or a mob when ONE person is expressing an opinion they don't like.

not angry about this. nothing to be angry over. it's a movie and a stupid one at that. i simply won't go see it and there. i do my protesting from home. the left, when they don't like something THEN you get to see an angry mob who not only won't go see it but demand no one else does either.

hell, keep the movie and i'll pop my popcorn watching the left foam at the mouth.
That will sure teach the left. Your fee at the theatre will be sorely missed. You are starting to sound like a complaining child. Blame what ever short comings this movie has on the director not half the country. If some idiot wants to make a movie that historically incorrect that is their buisness not the entire democratic party. I agree with your not supporting it assuming they have indeed made such an error. Whinning and blame spread could have been done with out.
good thing i see you pop up and tell the left all their whining is pointless also.

and last i checked, this is an open forum for conversation on current events OF WHICH this is most certainly one. you don't like it - haul your happy ass into another thread.
They fucking whine plenty also. They do not tend to force single decisions made by one or a few people on an entire group. You are are not bucktoothmoron or brokeloser who tend to place the actions of one on all. Do not be like them. I have been chastized by some of the lefties especially when I said I will vote for some republicans this fall. Not all republicans are bad not all dems are bad. I have heard so much whining from both sides I found myself doing it. That is when shit has to stop. My mother is the perfect example of the whinning left. You can't tell mom to STFU, it is an issue that effect's my every day life. Lets blame the perp not an entire culture or party.
if people whining affects your every day life, that's YOUR problem. your whining about others whining isn't going to help.

i'm going to speak my mind and if you wish to talk "intelligently" about the topic, i'm in. if you want to just scream STOP IT i'm out.

your move, chief.
You want to sound like a whinny little bitch more power to ya! Go for it! Be proud of it if ya want.

your move, chief.
You want to sound like a whinny little bitch more power to ya! Go for it! Be proud of it if ya want.
heh, you're whining about it a lot more than i am. i simply said i won't go see a movie cause it's not accurate and pushes globalism that i don't care for. you're making it a lot more to suit your own whining this am and i'm out.

have a good life, son. my apathy prevents me from giving a shit about you at this point.

your move, chief.
heh, you're whining about it a lot more than i am. i simply said i won't go see a movie cause it's not accurate and pushes globalism that i don't care for. you're making it a lot more to suit your own whining this am and i'm out.

have a good life, son. my apathy prevents me from giving a shit about you at this point.
I see you are just another bitch! Douche bitch I can smell it from here.

American Flag Backlash Could Hurt ‘First Man’ at the Box Office

not gonna see it in the theaters.
not gonna see it on HBO
not gonna see it on netflix
not gonna see it on CBS

this was an *american* accomplishment and to leave out the planting of the flag because someone wants to be "global"?

fuck that.
If your philosophy is "BLAME AMERICA FIRST" then it becomes self defeating to credit America with anything positive.
the left is "upset" that the right keeps pushing their values on them yet they have zero issue rewriting history to suit their warm n fuzzy visions. the space race was almost over by the time i was old enough to understand what as going on but it was HUGE and a major source of unity for our country. kids saw it and took the challenge to aspire to be more.

the left and this globalism efforts wants to wipe all that away and pretend we're something we're not.

so sick of it.

if they left wants to go to the moon in a global effort then get with russia and china and do it on their own but stop belittling past accomplishments and go do your own.

Well the trumps are global aren't they. Also the southerners love their confederate flag.

not gonna see it on HBO
not gonna see it on CBS

this was an *american* accomplishment and to leave out the planting of the flag because someone wants to be "global"?

fuck that.

How ridiculous can you people be?

They probably left it out because the story isn't about American accomplishments. It's about Neil Armstrong, and to put in things that aren't about the guy in a film about the guy, is to change the story.

You and your symbolism that you use to attack people. But then when there are symbols you don't like, you'll attack them mercilessly.

not gonna see it on HBO
not gonna see it on CBS

fuck that.

How ridiculous can you people be?

They probably left it out because the story isn't about American accomplishments. It's about Neil Armstrong, and to put in things that aren't about the guy in a film about the guy, is to change the story.

You and your symbolism that you use to attack people. But then when there are symbols you don't like, you'll attack them mercilessly.
i attacked no one. i said i'm not going to see the movie. they said they left it out because the moon landing was a "mankind" accomplishment not american.

can you please go back to ignoring me now.

Won’t watch it and I’ve been space buff, NASA follower, and have read maybe a dozen books by astronauts and others involved in our programs over the decades. It’s all quite fascinating to me but I’ve got no interest at all this lefty feel-good trash.
i love science and astronomy was my favorite elective in college. we went to an observatory one night and were looking at craters like they were right next to us. i did "cuss" in astronomy language when i made the faux paux to say "man, all the craters look alike" and my instructor was like OH NO!!!! but he was very cool and took the time to show me several and their differences and how to recognize the different ones there. it was a most amazing night in which i never saw the moon the same way again.

a friend who taught this in his school as a hobby had one hell of a nice telescope he brought to dallas and from my own backyard we found saturn and you could see the planet and a ring around it. it was like a black n white drawing but to see the separation like that was amazing. you stop and think about all that's out there in the universe and you can't help but lose your mind in a vivid imagination.

i'm damn proud of what this country did back in the 60's and wish we had that pioneer spirit now. all we do now is claim moral victories about where we piss.

my how far we've fallen in what we call accomplishments anymore.
Once spent a couple of fascinating hours talking to Capt. Jim Lovell of Apollo 13 fame. He owened a restaurant in Lake Forest, IL, Lovells of Lake Forest, that was run by his son and head chef, Jay.

We’d gotten there late, about 45 minutes before closing, and fortunately it was a night the Captain was there glad handing customers and whatnot but the crowd was gone by then, just another couple or two when me and my bride walked in. Long story short, when he came over to our table to say hello I started asking questions and I think once he realized I was more well versed in our NASA programs than their average customers he really opened up. Sat down with us and we had a great time hearing about his NASA days through the Gemini and Apollo programs (he wasn’t a member of the original 7 Mercury guys).

At closing time they locked the door, he opened another bottle of wine and we continued shootiing the breeze for another hour or so. All along I’d kind of been debating with myself whether or not to ask him and finally did, which was did he think he, Swigert, and Haise were gonna make it once the shit hit the fan in Apollo 13? He said initially he figured they’d get home okay, but was extremely disappointed he wouldn’t be walking on the moon. But then when the oxygen level began to plummet he and the others knew, though he said they didn’t discuss it, their survival was in serious jeopardy if they couldn’t figure something out quick. Fortunately of course the folks on the ground came up with the now famous Rube Goldberg fix and their lives were saved.

It was one of the most interesting and enjoyable nights of my life for sure.

Won’t watch it and I’ve been space buff, NASA follower, and have read maybe a dozen books by astronauts and others involved in our programs over the decades. It’s all quite fascinating to me but I’ve got no interest at all this lefty feel-good trash.
i love science and astronomy was my favorite elective in college. we went to an observatory one night and were looking at craters like they were right next to us. i did "cuss" in astronomy language when i made the faux paux to say "man, all the craters look alike" and my instructor was like OH NO!!!! but he was very cool and took the time to show me several and their differences and how to recognize the different ones there. it was a most amazing night in which i never saw the moon the same way again.

a friend who taught this in his school as a hobby had one hell of a nice telescope he brought to dallas and from my own backyard we found saturn and you could see the planet and a ring around it. it was like a black n white drawing but to see the separation like that was amazing. you stop and think about all that's out there in the universe and you can't help but lose your mind in a vivid imagination.

i'm damn proud of what this country did back in the 60's and wish we had that pioneer spirit now. all we do now is claim moral victories about where we piss.

my how far we've fallen in what we call accomplishments anymore.
Once spent a couple of fascinating hours talking to Capt. Jim Lovell of Apollo 13 fame. He owened a restaurant in Lake Forest, IL, Lovells of Lake Forest, that was run by his son and head chef, Jay.

We’d gotten there late, about 45 minutes before closing, and fortunately it was a night the Captain was there glad handing customers and whatnot but the crowd was gone by then, just another couple or two when me and my bride walked in. Long story short, when he came over to our table to say hello I started asking questions and I think once he realized I was more well versed in our NASA programs than their average customers he really opened up. Sat down with us and we had a great time hearing about his NASA days through the Gemini and Apollo programs (he wasn’t a member of the original 7 Mercury guys).

At closing time they locked the door, he opened another bottle of wine and we continued shootiing the breeze for another hour or so. All along I’d kind of been debating with myself whether or not to ask him and finally did, which was did he think he, Swigert, and Haise were gonna make it once the shit hit the fan in Apollo 13? He said initially he figured they’d get home okay, but was extremely disappointed he wouldn’t be walking on the moon. But then when the oxygen level began to plummet he and the others knew, though he said they didn’t discuss it, their survival was in serious jeopardy if they couldn’t figure something out quick. Fortunately of course the folks on the ground came up with the now famous Rube Goldberg fix and their lives were saved.

It was one of the most interesting and enjoyable nights of my life for sure.
man alive that had to be amazing! reading about it is one thing. even seeing a movie, also great. but talking to him like that?

that's a lifetime memory. i'm jealous!

Everyone knows MTV planted the first flag...
images (96).jpeg

Since Trump did not want me to see it.....I went and saw it in IMAX

The actual footage on the moon was only about five minutes. They actually showed his son raising the American flag during Armstrong’s Gemini mission....But I guess Gemini was not an example of American exceptionalism

The depiction of Armstrong was very bland. Not much character development. Overall good astronaut movie. Not Apollo 13 but a good watch

not gonna see it on HBO
not gonna see it on CBS

fuck that.

I agree. I've developed an ability to overlook a lot of shit from Hollywood.

But leaving out the planting of the American Flag on the Moon?

Way to much to be able to ignore and enjoy the rest of the film.

Fuck them all.

What would life be like in this new TRUMP WORLD without the division and hatred?? :dunno:

You are the one being divisive.

An national accomplishment of this magnitude should be something for all Americans to be proud of.

If Hollywood is stupid enough to leave out the American Flag from it,

then all Americans should be disgusted.

Why are you breaking from what should be the Pack on this?

Forum List

Back