First college football playoff committee releases its first ranking of the season

Those are the correct 4 teams. One could bicker about the order but thats a matter of opinion. Just glad the correct 4 teams made it.

The order doesn't bother me much. If someone is going to win the National Championship, they will be whomever is next.

Agreed. I had the same 4 teams in different spots but the match ups would have been the same so....

Mich, Alabama, Cincy, UGA.
Everyone wants to see Georgia and BAMA play the other two teams and then rematch in the finals. Or god help them UofM wins it all. I know that seems impossible especially if they would have to go through both Georgia and BAMA. No way.

Everyone wants to see Georgia and BAMA play the other two teams and then rematch in the finals. Or god help them UofM wins it all. I know that seems impossible especially if they would have to go through both Georgia and BAMA. No way.
I think there are quite a few people who don’t care to see that

I think there are quite a few people who don’t care to see that
I would prefer to see the final game be Alabama vs Michigan. I am more nervous about Cincinnati than Michigan.

Cincinnati has the players to lineup against Alabama. The telling part will be when they try to substitute or if someone is injured. Bama is 2 and 3 deep at many positions. Cincinnati does not have the depth.

I would prefer to see the final game be Alabama vs Michigan. I am more nervous about Cincinnati than Michigan.

Cincinnati has the players to lineup against Alabama. The telling part will be when they try to substitute or if someone is injured. Bama is 2 and 3 deep at many positions. Cincinnati does not have the depth.
Agreed. 1v1‘s I think Cincy can play with anyone.

I would guess Bama is 2-3 deep at most if not all positions.

I'll Jinx 'Bama and call it already; 55-9. I don't think Cincy scores a touchdown.

I think that Bama should take out ads in the Cincy newspapers in advance; apologizing to the families of the players for the abuse their young sons are going to suffer.
Have you watched Cincy play? I think you are vastly underestimating how good they are. You are also overestimating how good Alabama is. Take a look at how UC played against UGA in their bowl game last year.

Hey Fuck you! JK.

Have you watched Cincy play? I think you are vastly underestimating how good they are. You are also overestimating how good Alabama is. Take a look at how UC played against UGA in their bowl game last year.

It depends on which Alabama shows up. The Bama from the Iron Bowl will have trouble. The Crimson Tide from the SEC Championship will not.

It depends on which Alabama shows up. The Bama from the Iron Bowl will have trouble. The Crimson Tide from the SEC Championship will not.
Maybe. The problem I have with stuff like that is if they struggle or lose you'll say see Iron Bowl Bama showed up, if not you'll say see SEC Champ game Bama showed up. ;) But maybe the same team played both those games and the match ups were just different and favored Bama in one and not the other. I can play this game as well btw. If the ND game UC shows up they will win but if the Tulane game UC shows up....

Same with UM or UGA. OSU game UM shows up vs MSU game. If UAB game UGA shows up vs the SEC champ game UGA....

Alabama has the advantage for sure. Experience, depth and Nick Saban they are probably going to win.

Maybe. The problem I have with stuff like that is if they struggle or lose you'll say see Iron Bowl Bama showed up, if not you'll say see SEC Champ game Bama showed up. ;) But maybe the same team played both those games and the match ups were just different and favored Bama in one and not the other. I can play this game as well btw. If the ND game UC shows up they will win but if the Tulane game UC shows up....

Same with UM or UGA. OSU game UM shows up vs MSU game. If UAB game UGA shows up vs the SEC champ game UGA....

Alabama has the advantage for sure. Experience, depth and Nick Saban they are probably going to win.

No, I am not getting ready to make excuses.

College football teams can all have good games and bad games. The Iron Bowl was a bad day, until the end. The SEC Championship was a good day.

No, I am not getting ready to make excuses.

College football teams can all have good games and bad games. The Iron Bowl was a bad day, until the end. The SEC Championship was a good day.
Im not saying your making excuses. I think that how teams match up matters more than good day/bad day.

It's certainly possible that what you are saying is true that Bama had a bad day but it's also just as possible that UAB just matches up better with Alabama than UGA does. I dont know how the UC and Alabama will match up I havent watched either team enough to make an assessment. I will say that like I said in the previous post Alabama definitely has the advantage on the non match up "stuff" Experience, Depth and Coaching so all things being equal Alabama has a huge advantage going in.

This was clearly set up by the NCAA higher-ups and the networks to avoid a "re-match" scenario that might affect ratings.

The alure of Alabama vs. Georgia AGAIN so soon wasn't good.. so they bumped Alabama and stumped Michigan to #2 to get fresher matchups, clearly, and give Alabama the non-power conference school.

The NCAA rankings are as legitimate and honorable as a 3 dollar bill.

This was clearly set up by the NCAA higher-ups and the networks to avoid a "re-match" scenario that might affect ratings.

The alure of Alabama vs. Georgia AGAIN so soon wasn't good.. so they bumped Alabama and stumped Michigan to #2 to get fresher matchups, clearly, and give Alabama the non-power conference school.

The NCAA rankings are as legitimate and honorable as a 3 dollar bill.

There are only 2 games in the playoffs. Either Alabama & Georgia play each other the first one or the second one.

I'll stand to be corrected.

I'm basing it on every week Alabama plays an SEC school and went 10-2 while toppling the #1 team in the nation versus Cincy playing the likes of Navy, Eastern Carolina, and Murray State.

Well said

I'll stand to be corrected.

I'm basing it on every week Alabama plays an SEC school and went 10-2 while toppling the #1 team in the nation versus Cincy playing the likes of Navy, Eastern Carolina, and Murray State.

Alabama is 12-1.

Forum List

Back