First college football playoff committee releases its first ranking of the season

WinterBorn

OkSU shitting the bed. Going to put ND in the playoff.....

Also why is the Mich v Iowa game in the prime time 8 pm slot and he UGA v Bama game at 4 competing against another Conf Championship game? Someone didnt think that one through very well.

Yeah, it looks like Baylor has their number. Still, there is most of the 2nd half left to play.

Having watched a few of their games, the GA defense is the best I've seen in a long, long time.
I take it back. UGA isn’t nearly as good as they seemed. Playing a soft schedule makes you look better than you are I guess.

That said. Great win by Alabama.

Last edited:
Heck of an ending. Hope the other C Champ games are as good

OK State tried to make a comeback. Good game.
I take it back. UGA isn’t nearly as good as they seemed. Playing a soft schedule makes you look better than you are I guess.

That said. Great win by Alabama.

I am amazed! The O-line was way better than last week. I thought we might give GA trouble with our defense.

Tonight Bama won the SEC and Bryce Young won the Heisman.

Going to be The Death Star Alabama
The Rebellion Cincinnati
Can't beat The Death Star Georgia and likely
Meeeeccchigan

Going to be The Death Star Alabama
The Rebellion Cincinnati
Can't beat The Death Star Georgia and likely
Meeeeccchigan

If Alabama plays like they did tonight, the only team who can beat them is Georgia in a rematch. And I don't think that will happen.

OK State tried to make a comeback. Good game.

I am amazed! The O-line was way better than last week. I thought we might give GA trouble with our defense.

Tonight Bama won the SEC and Bryce Young won the Heisman.
Ok...I'll admit it. I did NOT believe Bama would even have a chance in this game. After the way they struggled with Auburn, I thought they were gonna get their eyes beat out. That said, where in hell was this team LAST WEEK? There were several incredible improvements but the most - by far - was that O-Line! ROLL TIDE!

Ok...I'll admit it. I did NOT believe Bama would even have a chance in this game. After the way they struggled with Auburn, I thought they were gonna get their eyes beat out. That said, where in hell was this team LAST WEEK? There were several incredible improvements but the most - by far - was that O-Line! ROLL TIDE!
Alabama had many close wins this year. Auburn was a road rivalry game. That Auburn coach made a dumb run call on 3rd and short and then the RB got his rear pulled out of bounds to stop the clock. If he stayed in bounds Bama likely does not have enough time to go down and tie the game.

I think UGA is a bit overrated. They really didn’t play anyone all that good this year outside of today and we saw how that ended.
Thats not to take anything away from Alabama who played a great game.
It will be very interesting to see how the final rankings end up. I feel like there‘s the potential that the committee will massage the rankings so we don’t have a UGA v Alabama rematch unless it’s in the Championship game.

I think UGA is a bit overrated. They really didn’t play anyone all that good this year outside of today and we saw how that ended.
Thats not to take anything away from Alabama who played a great game.
It will be very interesting to see how the final rankings end up. I feel like there‘s the potential that the committee will massage the rankings so we don’t have a UGA v Alabama rematch unless it’s in the Championship game.
Who is UGA supposed to play the AFC North? They were the clear #1 heading into that game.

They looked awesome!!

I think between the close call at auburn and all the talk about us not standing a chance against Georgia, the team found it's cohesive spirit.

And Bryce Young was THE MAN!

If Alabama plays like they did tonight, the only team who can beat them is Georgia in a rematch. And I don't think that will happen.
I actually believed Georgia was head and shoulders above everyone else this year. Alabama seemed to be a little weaker this season. Weaker for them anyway. Perhaps the playoff will be good.

I actually believed Georgia was head and shoulders above everyone else this year. Alabama seemed to be a little weaker this season. Weaker for them anyway. Perhaps the playoff will be good.

I think Georgia was as good as advertised. But their secondary has been the weak link all season. Bama exploited that.

I think it is easy to see that Nick Saban has mellowed in the last year or so.

But even the mellower Saban surprised me with this comment:

The latest CFP rankings are out.

#1 - Alabama
#2 - Michigan
#3 - Georgia
#4 - Cincinnati

Congrats on Cincie being the first non-power 5 team to make the playoffs.

Congratulations to Alabama for winning the SEC. That being said, If Alabama faces Georgia in the national championship, it is likely to be a very different game and either team can win.

The latest CFP rankings are out.

#1 - Alabama
#2 - Michigan
#3 - Georgia
#4 - Cincinnati

Congrats on Cincie being the first non-power 5 team to make the playoffs.
Those are the correct 4 teams. One could bicker about the order but thats a matter of opinion. Just glad the correct 4 teams made it.

Forum List

Back