First college football playoff committee releases its first ranking of the season

I cant believe MI state was ever Top 4.... I got faith in the Bobcats!

I am not taking the Bearcats lightly. I think they are a very good team.

But I think Bama is going to take them. It will just be a very close game until the 4th quarter.

I am not taking the Bearcats lightly. I think they are a very good team.

But I think Bama is going to take them. It will just be a very close game until the 4th quarter.
True but Bama is known for really basically controlling the narritave of the playoffs and here I see the Bearcats coming out tough and having a Halftime lead and keeping it tight. Would I put my money on them? No. BUT Give me 4 pts I would... That is saying something. I cant think of the last time I bet against Bama in the 1st round. It just never happens. My money will be Bama Vs Michigan Bama wins 34-28

True but Bama is known for really basically controlling the narritave of the playoffs and here I see the Bearcats coming out tough and having a Halftime lead and keeping it tight. Would I put my money on them? No. BUT Give me 4 pts I would... That is saying something. I cant think of the last time I bet against Bama in the 1st round. It just never happens. My money will be Bama Vs Michigan Bama wins 34-28

I think the Bearcats will do will at first. But Saban will make adjustments at halftime and cut the lead.

The 4th quarter will be Bama's. Bama will be able to substitute and still have top level players on the field.

There are only 2 games in the playoffs. Either Alabama & Georgia play each other the first one or the second one.

Yea but who do you think Michigan would rather play... Georgia or Cincinnati?

They got hosed. The committee knows they can't get 2 SEC teams into the final if they both play in the semifinal... and the committee knows that people don't like seeing two teams play twice in a row.

Win win for the NCAA establishment.. screw job for Michigan.

They got hosed. The committee knows they can't get 2 SEC teams into the final if they both play in the semifinal... and the committee knows that people don't like seeing two teams play twice in a row.

I think Michigan has a better chance against Georgia than Cincy. I think you are underestimating Cincy.

I find it amusing that you think Michigan got screwed. They would have either played Georgia or played the team that spanked Georgia in the SEC Championship.

Cincy was never going to be higher than 4th in the poll. So the only way Michigan would have played Cincy would be if they were #1 in the CFP rankings. I don't think that was ever going to happen.

I find it amusing that you think Michigan got screwed. They would have either played Georgia or played the team that spanked Georgia in the SEC Championship.

Cincy was never going to be higher than 4th in the poll. So the only way Michigan would have played Cincy would be if they were #1 in the CFP rankings. I don't think that was ever going to happen.
See I had
1 UM
2 Bama
3 Cincy
4 UGA.

Same match ups different rankings.

We disagree in the order, but the matchups are the same.

Lyrical_Miracle was whining about Michigan getting screwed by having to play Georgia.
Where you fall inside the top 4 is pretty insignificant imo. It’s not like there’s home field or anything. Get in and win if you want a chip. UM fan needs to be thankful all the planets aligned which allowed them to beat OSU this year. What’s Harbaugh‘s record against them 1-6 or something?

Where you fall inside the top 4 is pretty insignificant imo. It’s not like there’s home field or anything. Get in and win if you want a chip. UM fan needs to be thankful all the planets aligned which allowed them to beat OSU this year. What’s Harbaugh‘s record against them 1-6 or something?

Apparently he wanted UM to get to play Cincy and then claim the National Championship.

I think Cincy is more of a challenge than he does. I want my Crimson Tide to win it all. But if that doesn't happen, I'd love to see Cincy beat Bama and UM to beat Georgia, and then manhandle Harbaugh and his boys to win the Natty.

That's exactly why they got screwed. They were clearly the #1 team.

I think Michigan has a better chance against Georgia than Cincy. I think you are underestimating Cincy.
Possibly, but it's obvious that Michigan would rather play an unproven-against-powerhouse-teams Cincy rather than a nightmare Georgia team who has one loss against a fellow powerhouse.

That's just obvious. If you pretend it isn't, I can't help you.

they didn’t get screwed. Bama and UMs resumes were close and if you put Bama at 2 UGA likely ends up at 4 so you’re playing the same team anyway
Oh bullshit. You know damned well that amongst the 4 tops that Cincinnati is the fresh meat. And in a 4 team playoff the best team should face that fresh meat team.

Stop jacking off the SEC

Oh bullshit. You know damned well that amongst the 4 tops that Cincinnati is the fresh meat. And in a 4 team playoff the best team should face that fresh meat team.

Stop jacking off the SEC

No, I don't know that. Cincy soundly beat the team currently sitting at #5. They have not lost a game. If you think they are fresh meat, you haven't been paying attention to them.

And I am not jacking off the SEC. In the last decade the SEC has been the dominant conference. No, not every team is of the same caliber. But the top of the SEC is the best.

Stop jacking off the SEC

All Michigan has to do is beat the two teams they will face in the playoff. The same goes for the other 3 teams that made the playoff.

If you think having to play Georgia is "getting screwed", you must not think they will do well against their two opponents.

Forum List

Back