First college football playoff committee releases its first ranking of the season

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
Here are the rankings from the playoff committee:
1) Georgia
2) Alabama
3) Michigan State
4) Oregon

5) Ohio State
6) Cinncinati
7) Michigan
8) Ohlahoma
9) Wake Forest
10) Notre Dame

The teams in Boldface are the ones who would be in the playoffs if they were held today.

Amazing thing about the top 4 teams is that the head coaches of all 4 teams were on the 2015 University of Alabama coaching staff.

Tell me that Coach Nick Saban is not the G.O.A.T.

Seems about right, but I think my hometown team is a bit overrated. THey did beat Ohio state early on, but have looked downright mediocre against some pretty bad teams. They have nowhere near the explosive offense they have had in recent years.

Seems about right, but I think my hometown team is a bit overrated. THey did beat Ohio state early on, but have looked downright mediocre against some pretty bad teams. They have nowhere near the explosive offense they have had in recent years.

Oregon? Yeah, I am not sure about them either.

But the ones below them have looked the same or worse, with the exception of Cincinnati. And other than beating Notre Dame, their schedule is weak.

both teams with L‘s should be out of the top 4 at the moment.

At a minimum Cindy should be in there probably at 2-3. Alabama is minimum 2 spots too high.

both teams with L‘s should be out of the top 4 at the moment.

At a minimum Cindy should be in there probably at 2-3. Alabama is minimum 2 spots too high.

If you were placing them by wins and losses, you would be correct.

But the committee is trying to rank them by who is the best team. Cincy has played 1 decent team. Alabama has beaten 3 teams that were ranked at the time they played them.

Here are the rankings from the playoff committee:
1) Georgia
2) Alabama
3) Michigan State
4) Oregon

5) Ohio State
6) Cinncinati
7) Michigan
8) Ohlahoma
9) Wake Forest
10) Notre Dame

The teams in Boldface are the ones who would be in the playoffs if they were held today.

Amazing thing about the top 4 teams is that the head coaches of all 4 teams were on the 2015 University of Alabama coaching staff.

Tell me that Coach Nick Saban is not the G.O.A.T.
He's a great recruiter for sure.

Georgia has played 1 team in the top 25, UK at 18 and undefeated
Alabama has played 3, with a loss, Ole Miss at 16, Miss State 17 and the loss to 6-2 TA&M who's current ranking is basically predicated solely on the fact that they beat Alabama take away that win and they are unranked and I don't mean insert a loss just take away the win and sub in a win against another team and Miss State has zero business in the top 25. They have 3 losses. 1 each to .500 Memphis and LSU. So really it's 1 top 25 win the second is an SEC bias bonus win.
MSU 1 team in the top 10, UM at 7 and undefeated
Oregon 1 team in the top 10, OSU at 6 with a loss to unranked Stanford.
OSU 1 team in the top 25, PSU 20
Cincy, 1 top ten ND at 10 and undefeated.

How on earth are the Bearcats not 2 or 3? If we are basing it strictly on resume it should be

1. MSU
2. Cincy
3. Georgia
4. Oklahoma/Wake/OSU/Alabama/Oregon/whatever.

Oklahoma and Wake dont have the top 25 win but they also dont have the loss.

And who gives a shit what they were ranked when they played them. If that's the criteria Alabama lost to an unranked team (at the time they played them) which should be an auto disqualifier if we are going to use the "ranked when we played them" metric.

The committee is there to protect the blue bloods.
Yeah Im not sure what a group of 5 school would have to do to crack the top 4 at this point. Cincy should be in there.

Im not sure why the schools not on the approved list of schools to compete for a NC dont break away from this fraud system.

Yeah Im not sure what a group of 5 school would have to do to crack the top 4 at this point. Cincy should be in there.

Im not sure why the schools not on the approved list of schools to compete for a NC dont break away from this fraud system.

They don't break away from the system because of the money.

Let's be honest this is the Georgia , Alabama show.

All those other teams would take a beaten.

How on earth are the Bearcats not 2 or 3? If we are basing it strictly on resume it should be
Other than Notre Dame (who is always overrated, and always exposed, when making the playoff) who has Cincy played? Beating Akron is not going to get you into the playoff. You need to have something on the resume. Oregon is only there because they won at Ohio State, no easy task, to be sure. MSU and Oregon would both get crushed against Alabama or Georgia. Thankfully we have Georgia to challenge Alabama this year, the only school in the nation who can actually do so.

Being a great coach like Saban is so much easier than being a great coach like Belichick. Saban wins the national championship and then gets the first 10 picks in the draft. That is what coaching Alabama is like. Belichick wins the Super Bowl and picks last in the first round, and ends up with the toughest schedule.

Let's be honest this is the Georgia , Alabama show.

All those other teams would take a beaten.

Other than Notre Dame (who is always overrated, and always exposed, when making the playoff) who has Cincy played? Beating Akron is not going to get you into the playoff. You need to have something on the resume. Oregon is only there because they won at Ohio State, no easy task, to be sure. MSU and Oregon would both get crushed against Alabama or Georgia. Thankfully we have Georgia to challenge Alabama this year, the only school in the nation who can actually do so.

Being a great coach like Saban is so much easier than being a great coach like Belichick. Saban wins the national championship and then gets the first 10 picks in the draft. That is what coaching Alabama is like. Belichick wins the Super Bowl and picks last in the first round, and ends up with the toughest schedule.
After this weekend the top 2 teams in the polls will have 1 win against a top 25 team between them……. I swear it’s about what they’ve done this year and not name recognition……

Tell that to TA&M.

Alabama hasn’t earned a spot over Cincy

The good news is that it will all work out before the playoffs. I don't think Alabama can beat Georgia in the SEC Championship. So that will take care of that.

As for Cincy, the quality of opponent is the problem they will face. They came down to a couple of goalline stands to save the win against a 3-6 Tulsa team. That will hurt them.

The good news is that it will all work out before the playoffs. I don't think Alabama can beat Georgia in the SEC Championship. So that will take care of that.

As for Cincy, the quality of opponent is the problem they will face. They came down to a couple of goalline stands to save the win against a 3-6 Tulsa team. That will hurt them.
Maybe. But they have a better resume than Georgia, OSU and Oregon.
Georgia has played nobody so far. And while they might have won convincingly their schedule is for real soft. Might have looked good preseason but it so much now….
And if Alabama beats UGA both make it to the playoff

Maybe. But they have a better resume than Georgia, OSU and Oregon.
Georgia has played nobody so far. And while they might have won convincingly their schedule is for real soft. Might have looked good preseason but it so much now….
And if Alabama beats UGA both make it to the playoff

7 of the 9 teams they have played have been conference games. The other 2 were Clemson and UAB.

While none of the teams have given Georgia much trouble, their schedule is far tougher than Cincy's.

Georgia has played 6 teams with winning records. Cincy has played only 2 teams with a winning record. So not only are they playing much weaker teams, they are playing teams who lost more than they won.

And the level of talent on the teams Georgia played is much higher.

And Notre Lame is the signature win for Cincy. Except of the 8 teams the Golden Domers have beaten, 5 of them have more losses than wins. But then ND is always over-rated. That is why they get beaten so badly in the playoffs or bowl games.

One of the problems is that poll voters won't drop a team after unimpressive wins. Oklahoma has struggles against creampuffs, but are still ranked highly in the human polls. Alabama out to drop a couple of spots after struggling against LSSU, but they won't.

Remember, BYU won a national championship by being the only unbeaten team left. That 0 in their lost column kept them rising up the polls when other teams lost, until they found themselves at #1. The pollsters were then stuck with a team that probably wasn't the best in the country, but they wouldn't downvote because they were undefeated.

After this weekend the top 2 teams in the polls will have 1 win against a top 25 team between them…
Huh?

1636312548215.png

1636312611920.png

I count 7.

Forum List

Back