Fired lesbian police chief gets her job back

J.E.D

Gold Member
Jul 28, 2011
:thup:

Fired Lesbian Police Chief Gets Her Job Back, Homophobic Mayor Thwarted By Town Council

Moore had been with the Latta, South Carolina police department for 23 years when Mayor Earl Bullard fired her in April. Bullard, who just became mayor this year, said he fired Moore after giving her seven reprimands for questioning authority, failing to maintain order, and other reasons. Moore said she had done nothing wrong.

Shortly thereafter, an audio recording surfaced of Bullard going on a homophobic tirade, in which he said he'd prefer to leave his child with a raging alcoholic than with someone whose "lifestyle is questionable."

It appeared the ordeal was over on Tuesday when residents overwhelmingly voted to pass a referendum changing the governing structure of the town from “mayor-strong” to “council-strong," effectively stripping Bullard of his powers and giving the council the ability to rehire Moore. The council had planned to reinstate her as soon as the ballots were certified, but on Wednesday, Bullard surprised everyone by announcing he had just hired someone else for the job.

Things changed again on Friday night, though, as the council determined Bullard had broken local laws by unilaterally hiring a police chief without their consent. They declared his hire invalid and immediately reinstated Moore.

I lived in South Carolina for six years for my job. I'm not the least bit surprised this happened.

if she truly did nothing wrong, good for her. i don't know all the facts, but it seems unlikely the mayor was truthful.

The city would rather have substandard performance than get rid of a lesbian. They still have to put up with substandard performance.

said he fired Moore after giving her seven reprimands for questioning authority, failing to maintain order, and other reasons

Wonderful! An idiot who can't follow the rules as police chief! I would love to live there!
If he is strongly anti-gay, the reprimands may have been based primarily on his prejudices rather than facts.

said he fired Moore after giving her seven reprimands for questioning authority, failing to maintain order, and other reasons

Wonderful! An idiot who can't follow the rules as police chief! I would love to live there!

Did you read the article? She was the police chief for 23 years. She was suddenly fired for alleged misconduct as soon as a new, anti-gay mayor came to town. The guy was caught on tape making homophobic remarks.

Did you read the article? She was the police chief for 23 years. She was suddenly fired for alleged misconduct as soon as a new, anti-gay mayor came to town. The guy was caught on tape making homophobic remarks.

He said he'd rather have an out of control drunk take care of his kids than someone of 'questionable sexuality'.

I glad of this. Sets precedent and sends out the message that people are to be judged by their work, not by what they do in their private lives.

The phobes might want to put themselves her her shoes -

Not many years ago, there was a flurry of cases where employers got away with firing employees because they smoked. Off duty, on their own time.

I would think people would not want employers to be able to fire you after 20+ years on the job just because they don't like some personal thing about you.

That was an excuse. He fired her because she was gay.

already posted

so what are we suppose to do? why do we care?

is she more special than any other person in this country?

oh that's right, she's a LESBIAN of course we need to know that about these people..they aren't just American citizens like the rest of us

I don't like gays, but this is wrong. 23 years as cheif and all of a sudden there is a problem? Nah, I don't buy the reasoning for firing her.

Here in Pinal County, AZ, We have a fag sheriff, Paul "Brokeback" Babeu. He does his job well, and he was re-elected because of that. I didn't vote for him, I voted for the Independent candidate. He was dating an illegal immigrant fag whilst claiming to be anti-illegal immigration when interviewed on FOX. The illegal even ran his campaign website. That's why I didn't vote for him.

But ultimately, the people of Pinal County thought it was dirty politics to out him(democrats outted him), and voted him back in.

I respect Babeu to the extent he never intended to make his orientation public when it comes to his duties. He is doing a good job of protecting us from the invaders...so as much as I think he is a phony for Shacking up with an illegal faggot...He deserves the job because he actually gives the people who live here the results we want.

More fags should be like Brokeback Babeau.

Why does this ahem "woman" have to proclaim, "I'm gay!!!"
I have never seen a police chief proclaim, "I'm straight!!!"

The benefits, recognition, etc., that these fool "gay" fuckers all think they're entitled to because they prefer perverted sex vs. what's God-given.

Sick fucks.

Keep your Goddamned mouths shut about your orientation. You'll probably find you're treated better in the long run.

:thup:

Fired Lesbian Police Chief Gets Her Job Back, Homophobic Mayor Thwarted By Town Council

Moore had been with the Latta, South Carolina police department for 23 years when Mayor Earl Bullard fired her in April. Bullard, who just became mayor this year, said he fired Moore after giving her seven reprimands for questioning authority, failing to maintain order, and other reasons. Moore said she had done nothing wrong.

Shortly thereafter, an audio recording surfaced of Bullard going on a homophobic tirade, in which he said he'd prefer to leave his child with a raging alcoholic than with someone whose "lifestyle is questionable."

It appeared the ordeal was over on Tuesday when residents overwhelmingly voted to pass a referendum changing the governing structure of the town from “mayor-strong” to “council-strong," effectively stripping Bullard of his powers and giving the council the ability to rehire Moore. The council had planned to reinstate her as soon as the ballots were certified, but on Wednesday, Bullard surprised everyone by announcing he had just hired someone else for the job.

Things changed again on Friday night, though, as the council determined Bullard had broken local laws by unilaterally hiring a police chief without their consent. They declared his hire invalid and immediately reinstated Moore.

(blinks several times) Wow. Justice. In America. Alert the media! Oh wait, nevermind. :)

Forum List

Back