Sen Durban; Obam Will BORROW Congressional Power...

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Wow, I must have missed this part of the Constitution, but despite looking for a good while, cant find it.

Where in the Constitution does it give the President the authority to borrow Congressional power?

Dick Durbin: Obama to 'borrow' Constitutional power to rule on immigration - Spokane Conservative | Examiner.com

If House Republicans do not act on immigration in the way Barack Obama wants soon, then the president will simply "borrow" Congress' legislative powers and unilaterally rule on the issue, bypassing Congress once again, Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., said Thursday.

"I don't know how much more time he thinks he needs, but I hope that Speaker Boehner will speak up today," Durbin said. "And if he does not, the president will borrow the power that is needed to solve the problems of immigration."

Democrats have issued an ultimatum to Republicans in the House, telling them that if they do not do Obama's bidding on immigration by the end of July, the president will simply adopt the mantle of dictator and rule on his own.

The ideological libtard Democrats really want an Obama dictatorship.

I've seen this goof ball on some cable shows.
Borrow power from the Congress....
What the hell is that supposed to mean?

I find no sites other than small, anti-Democratic ones, that report this, why wouldn't FoxNews have a story?

Obama can do whatever Obama wants. He's demonstrated this before. There is really nothing short of a coup and Romanov style family meet and greet that can stop him.

Because it is a non-story, and if something happened, it did not happen in the way the programming of the far right reactionaries want it reported.

Obama can do whatever Obama wants. He's demonstrated this before. There is really nothing short of a coup and Romanov style family meet and greet that can stop him.

Nonsense, censure or impeachment would. But why isn't this news, even on Fox?

Fact you leftist shill. He can't be impeached because the GOP lacks the will to do it even as a symbolic gesture of defiance. That's why I prefer the coup method.

Fact you leftist shill. He can't be impeached because the GOP lacks the will to do it even as a symbolic gesture of defiance. That's why I prefer the coup method.

I am far from a 'leftist shill' and find this statement, IF made, strange.

A feckless congress has sat back and watched the Chimp in Chief do as he pleases for six years. There is no line in the sand anymore.

The GOP gets half the blame here.

Really? You got plans?

Obviously not. I'm not military.

Just gonna watch like a true patriot? Cool.

It's an unlikely scenario but it would be enjoyable to see a corrupt leader and hist bitch deposed Romanian style on my 50 inch TeeVee. Of course the outcome of such an event could have bad results. Would be quite a gamble for a benevolent military leader who becomes instantly corrupted by the power he's about to obtain.

The President, whoever he may be, cannot "borrow" legislative powers; if this means MORE executive orders, I disapprove(.)

Forum List

Back