Finally -- Texans Can Open-Carry Without Government Intervention

We've changed the conversation to guns Ray. The question of 'potential' was already easily established, be it becoming a rapist or a gun murderer. The issue was only in the misunderstanding of what 'potential' means.

The point is that in this country, we have the right to use deadly force to protect ourselves and got results.

Yep......and gun ownership did not increase the gun crime or gun murder rate...so that myth is just BS the lefties use to scare uninformed people...

Over the last 27 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 19.4 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2019...guess what happened...

https://crimeresearch.org/2020/10/n...n-issuing-permits-because-of-the-coronavirus/

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

We've changed the conversation to guns Ray. The question of 'potential' was already easily established, be it becoming a rapist or a gun murderer. The issue was only in the misunderstanding of what 'potential' means.

The point is that in this country, we have the right to use deadly force to protect ourselves and got results.

Yep......and gun ownership did not increase the gun crime or gun murder rate...so that myth is just BS the lefties use to scare uninformed people...

Over the last 27 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 19.4 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2019...guess what happened...

New Concealed Carry Report For 2020: 19.48 Million Permit Holders, 820,000 More Than Last Year despite many states shutting down issuing permits because of the Coronavirus - Crime Prevention Research Center

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

So-called "gun violence" is really only a problem in places run by Democrats, and the guns aren't the problem.

So-called "gun violence" is really only a problem in places run by Democrats, and the guns aren't the problem.
Of course the guns aren't the problem Marvin Down's syndrome. Americans are the problem. And now due to your confused state of mind you have established that about 200+- million of them are guilty.

New rule: There shall be no laws that limit an American citizens right to buy and sell any and all guns he chooses.
And there are no phony background checks to be applied that could interfere with that right!

People like Ted Bundy are not to be disqualified from buying up a truckload of guns, based on what they 'might' do with them. They all have a 2nd. amendment right to do anything they wish to do until they pull the trigger.

Only then, as was the case with Chauvin, can there be a debate on whether or not he will lose his right to kill with his guns.

"House Bill 1927 would nix the requirement for Texas residents to obtain a license to carry handguns if they’re not prohibited by state or federal law from possessing a gun. The Republican-led effort to allow Texans to carry handguns without any kind of license cleared what is likely its biggest remaining hurdle in the Capitol on Wednesday. This bill, to me, is a restoration of the belief in and trust of our citizens,” said state Sen. Charles Schwertner, R-Georgetown, who is carrying the legislation in the upper chamber. Also, Texas does not require a license to openly carry a rifle in public."

That Texas Senator is absolutely right -- Texans can have trust in their fellow ciztizens that they will do the right thing -- there is no need for big government to license you and make you jump thru all kinds of hoops just to exercise your constitutional right.....before, you had to not just pay for a concealed carry license, you had to go thru training and all of this other crap....that is basically tyranny.....Besides, what do they expect?? That any and everybody is going to feel they can open carry a weapon anywhere they want? They were going to do that anyway, no need to put all of these cumbersome restrictions on the rest of us.....it's not like voting or anything....now that would be really dangerous....
"Texans can have trust in their fellow citizens that they will do the right thing"

Really? Have you ever been on the receiving end of a road rage incident? I have. It was back in 1999 when someone chased me down the Interstate at around 3:30 AM when I was on my way to work. That's why I ended up getting my windows tinted.

My guess is that the police are not going to like this one bit because it increases the likelihood that there's going to be a gun in any car they pull over for a traffic violation.

"Texans can have trust in their fellow citizens that they will do the right thing"

Really? Have you ever been on the receiving end of a road rage incident? I have. It was back in 1999 when someone chased me down the Interstate at around 3:30 AM when I was on my way to work. That's why I ended up getting my windows tinted.

My guess is that the police are not going to like this one bit because it increases the likelihood that there's going to be a gun in any car they pull over for a traffic violation.

When we first passed our CCW law we had the same problem with police. As time went on, police realized and were trained that armed law abiding citizens was actually a benefit to them.

I'm all for armed citizens which is obvious with my avatar, but I'm not crazy about everybody being armed without training or testing that they can handle a situation where deadly force is needed.

"House Bill 1927 would nix the requirement for Texas residents to obtain a license to carry handguns if they’re not prohibited by state or federal law from possessing a gun. The Republican-led effort to allow Texans to carry handguns without any kind of license cleared what is likely its biggest remaining hurdle in the Capitol on Wednesday. This bill, to me, is a restoration of the belief in and trust of our citizens,” said state Sen. Charles Schwertner, R-Georgetown, who is carrying the legislation in the upper chamber. Also, Texas does not require a license to openly carry a rifle in public."

That Texas Senator is absolutely right -- Texans can have trust in their fellow ciztizens that they will do the right thing -- there is no need for big government to license you and make you jump thru all kinds of hoops just to exercise your constitutional right.....before, you had to not just pay for a concealed carry license, you had to go thru training and all of this other crap....that is basically tyranny.....Besides, what do they expect?? That any and everybody is going to feel they can open carry a weapon anywhere they want? They were going to do that anyway, no need to put all of these cumbersome restrictions on the rest of us.....it's not like voting or anything....now that would be really dangerous....

Freedom in America must come with the risk of being shot dead at any moment by a police officer.

As will be soon made clear when Chauvin has had a new trial to find him not guilty of any crime.

That will result in police officers having the complete and unconditional right to kill when even the smallest of crimes is committed by a bad guy. Human life in America must always be trumped by the right of the police to keep the peace.

We Canadians may choose differently, but it's none of our business and not our concern. We are limited to observing America's progress and remarking as permitted by this forum and other soap boxes.

I'm all for armed citizens which is obvious with my avatar, but I'm not crazy about everybody being armed without training or testing that they can handle a situation where deadly force is needed.

Yet another restriction being promoted by you against your 2nd. amendment rights. You're definitely halfway down the slippery slope of outlawing lawabiding citizens to purchase and own guns.

And so who will be the authority to do the testing you are suggesting?

You really blew it that time Ray!

Can you back off and at least mandate the testing after the citizen has become a gun owner?

Freedom in America must come with the risk of being shot dead at any moment by a police officer.

As will be soon made clear when Chauvin has had a new trial to find him not guilty of any crime.

That will result in police officers having the complete and unconditional right to kill when even the smallest of crimes is committed by a bad guy. Human life in America must always be trumped by the right of the police to keep the peace.

We Canadians may choose differently, but it's none of our business and not our concern. We are limited to observing America's progress and remarking as permitted by this forum and other soap boxes.
Apparently, freedom in America must also come with the risk of being shot dead at any moment by a total stranger while grocery shopping or simply driving down the street.

Yet another restriction being promoted by you against your 2nd. amendment rights. You're definitely halfway down the slippery slope of outlawing lawabiding citizens to purchase and own guns.

And so who will be the authority to do the testing you are suggesting?

You really blew it that time Ray!

Can you back off and at least mandate the testing after the citizen has become a gun owner?

My comment had nothing to do with purchasing or owning guns. My comment was directed at people carrying guns in the public.

If a person buys a firearm and doesn't know much about guns, the only time he or she will use it is if an intruder is breaking into their home. They can only hurt themselves in the worst scenario. However once you are out in public with a firearm, you can hurt or kill other innocent people by accident.

When you are trained to carry a firearm in public to get your license, you have to have 10 hours of class time in our state, pass a written test, and pass a range test to make sure you can handle the weapon you own. So I wouldn't be happy with people who know nothing about our laws or how to use their gun in public where I'm at if they decide to use it.

If I'm in a convenience store that's getting robbed without my firearm, and another citizen pulls out his or hers to stop the robbery or perhaps save my life, I'm confident they can handle that weapon within the constraints of our laws. If we didn't have CCW's in my state, I'd be scared to death of a citizen using their gun anywhere around me.

Can you think of a law that will prevent the next person from killing a person with a baseball bat?
NO! Criminals and law abiding citizens alike have a 2nd. amendment right to own any guns they choose to own, just as surely and unconditionally as they have the right to own a baseball bat.

There must be no laws that limit the sale or the purchase of any guns to any person. And there will be no socalled 'background checks' that could be used to disqualify any person from buying a truckload of saturday night specials.
I noticed you didn't quote everything I said in that post

so here it is

I have no problem with BG checks.

I have no problem denying some people the right to own guns.

Stupid is as Texas does.

Another idiotic move by a state full of paranoid losers.
Freedom really offends you doesn't it?

That says a lot about what kind of person you are.
Stay the fuck away from me, okay?
Happily.
Further.....

Keep going.....
Less of you and more of anyone else is a plus.
Sure lady, whatever...... lol.

Why don't you do something useful and go make me a sandwich?

New rule: There shall be no laws that limit an American citizens right to buy and sell any and all guns he chooses.
And there are no phony background checks to be applied that could interfere with that right!

That's the current rule, dipshit. It's only fascists like you that keep trying to infringe on it.

Why are you trying to "RESTRICT" Americans from exercising their 2A rights??

What restriction? Buy all the guns you want, I don't care. However I think there is a percentage of our people too irresponsible or too stupid to be walking around with a gun in public. Going through the trouble and cost of getting a license filters out most of those people in my opinion.

Take a young wanna be thug for instance. He was never in trouble as an adult before. Is he going to get a license to carry a gun? Hell no. Our state like many others requires applicants to submit electronic fingerprints and have an extensive background check. So if he does start carrying a gun without a license and gets busted, he will end up in jail or prison stopping a crime before it happens.

Now that I'm an older guy, I think back to some of the completely stupid things I did when I was younger. I say to myself "WTF was I thinking of??" I can't imagine what I might have done myself if I was allowed to carry a gun around.

If our state gets rid of CCWs, then it should only apply for people 30 years old and older.
If they can't be trusted to walk around armed, then they can't be trusted to walk around loose, period.

So, how is that supposed to work?

(Hint; it doesn't work....... so just leave it be.)

I disagree.

I never ceded the authority to the government to tell me when I could and could not, exercise my rights.

So you were voting at the age of 15?
Well, I had my own bar tab around that time. (Might have been 16 or so, but pretty close.)

And I was 15 the first time some guys tried to murder me.

And I was married and a father at 19.

So how is any of that relevant?

If they can't be trusted to walk around armed, then they can't be trusted to walk around loose, period.

So, how is that supposed to work?

They have the freedom as an American to walk around loose unless they commit a crime or are institutionalized due to mental problems. If they want to carry out in the public, then they should have to take a class and get a license.

GO TEXAS! :salute:
The proof of this being a wise move for Texas will start to be proven no later than Friday night!

Then on Saturday morning Texans will wake up hearing the news of how the night was kept so quiet and peaceful by 'good' gun owners in the bars and taverns.
Will the libruls then learn to stfu?
Alcohol and handguns are such a good combination.

Carrying a firearm while intoxicated is a crime.
Then why allow them in bars?

They dont.

Well, I had my own bar tab around that time. (Might have been 16 or so, but pretty close.)

And I was 15 the first time some guys tried to murder me.

And I was married and a father at 19.

So how is any of that relevant?

It isn't so I have no idea why you brought it up.

If he is a "thug" -- wouldn't he be carrying a gun anyway??

Gun laws don't work.....stop being a commie

Yes he would, but not legally. If he gets caught, off to prison with him.
Except in the jurisdictions where this sort of thing almost always happens, they don't get sent to prison, and are usually out on bail (or no bail) in a very short time.

So why are you even trying to play this rigged game?
Flip the table and shoot the guy dealing from the bottom of the deck, already.

So then you must believe every man is a potential rapist.
Yes, potentially every man is if he has the necessary equipment.
But also keep in mind that rape is an act of violence against a woman. America's rape incidence marches in step with it's gun violence.
And all of America's violence marches in step with it's military violence in foreign countries. Shooting at human silouette targets is demonstrating a lust for violence and murder.

Can there be any other explanation?

Does your nurse know that you snuck out of your room again? She is going to be pretty annoyed with you, you better go back....
She probably locked the door so he can't get back in the building, lol.

This is Texas; you can safely assume every car has a firearm in it.

Forum List

Back