Finally -- Texans Can Open-Carry Without Government Intervention

How many times
has a citizen
carrying a gun stop a person
with a gun from carrying out
a violent crime with a gun-..,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,?

How many deaths have been
caused by citizens with a gun-.,..,.,.,.,.,.,.,.?

In
2020, gun violence killed nearly 20,000 Americans,
2020 gun violence: Even with fewer mass shootings, last year was deadliest in decades - The Washington Post

More Guns Do Not Stop More Crimes, Evidence Shows
More Guns Do Not Stop More Crimes, Evidence Shows - Scientific American
:)-

Research into concealed carry and crime...

https://www.supremecourt.gov/Docket...144549202_Amicus brief SWD 7.19.2021 2300.pdf

https://www.jstor.org/stable/1229604

1977-2000
1.5%-2.3% reductions in murder rate
2-3 billion dollars benefit in first 5 years.

Wilson....

Appendix A Dissent--James Q. Wilson | Firearms and Violence: A Critical Review | The National Academies Press

Lott argued that murder rates decline after the adoption of RTC laws even after allowing for the effect of other variables that affect crime rates. The committee has confirmed this finding as is evident in its Tables 6-1, 6-2, 6-5 (first row), 6-6 (first row), and 6-7 (first two rows). This confirmation includes both the original data period (1977-1992) used by Lott and data that run through 2000. In view of the confirmation of the findings that shall-issue laws drive down the murder rate, it is hard for me to understand why these claims are called “fragile.”
-----
In addition, with only a few exceptions, the studies cited in Chapter 6, including those by Lott’s critics, do not show that the passage of RTC laws drives the crime rates up (as might be the case if one supposed that newly armed people went about looking for someone to shoot). The direct evidence that such shooting sprees occur is nonexistent. The indirect evidence, as found in papers by Black and Nagin and Ayres and Donohue [cited in Chapter 6], is controversial. Indeed, the Ayres and Donohue paper shows that there was a “statistically significant downward shift in the trend” of the murder rate (Chapter 6, page 135). This suggests to me that for people interested in RTC laws, the best evidence we have is that they impose no costs but may confer benefits. That conclusion might be very useful to authorities who contemplate the enactment of RTC laws.
----
In sum, I find that the evidence presented by Lott and his supporters suggests that RTC laws do in fact help drive down the murder rate, though their effect on other crimes is ambiguous.

https://www.journals.uchicago.edu/doi/abs/10.1086/323313

Abstract​

In 1997, John Lott and David Mustard published an important paper in which they found that right‐to‐carry concealed weapons laws reduce violent crime. Although Lott and Mustard appear to do all possible variations of the analysis, a closer reading reveals that the study might suffer from several possibly important errors. I reestimate the model and check for incorrect functional form, omitted variables, and possible second‐order bias in the t‐ratios. Lott and Mustard's basic conclusions are generally robust with respect to these potential econometric problems. Overall, right‐to‐carry concealed weapons laws tend to reduce violent crime. The effect on property crime is more uncertain. I find evidence that these laws also reduce burglary.

Do Right to Carry Laws Increase Violent Crime? A Comment on Donohue, Aneja, and Weber · Econ Journal Watch : shall-issue, gun control

Nevertheless, when we use the synthetic control model, we find that the claim that RTC laws increase either murder or violent crime is not supported. We find states where crime increased after the implementation of the RTC law, and we find more states in which crime decreased after the law.

Mustard, D. 2001. The impact of gun laws on police deaths. The Journal of Law & Economics, 44(S2): 635-657..

After enactment of the right-to-carry laws, states exhibit a reduced likelihood of having a felonious police death rate and slightly lower rates of police deaths.
-------
Allowing law-abiding citizens to carry concealed weapons does not endanger the lives of officers and may help reduce their risk of being killed.

(PDF) Does the Right to Carry Concealed Handguns Deter Countable Crimes—Only a Count Analysis Can Say
We find that the effects of such laws vary across crime categories, U.S. states, and time and that such laws appear to have statistically significant deterrent effects on the numbers of reported murders, rapes, and robberies. Copyright 2001 by the University of Chicago.

EconPapers: Testing for the Effects of Concealed Weapons Laws: Specification Errors and Robustness
Overall, right-to-carry concealed weapons laws tend to reduce violent crime. The effect on property crime is more uncertain. I find evidence that these laws also reduce burglary. Copyright 2001 by the University of Chicago.

https://econjwatch.org/articles/the-debate-on-shall-issue-laws
Our analysis, as well as Ayres and Donohue’s when projected beyond a five-year span, indicates that shall-issue laws decrease crime and the costs of crime. Purists in statistical analysis object with some cause to some of methods employed both by Ayres and Donohue and by us. But our paper upgrades Ayres and Donohue, so, until the next study comes along, our paper should neutralize Ayres and Donohue’s “more guns, more crime” conclusion.
https://ideas.repec.org/a/bap/journl/140103.html
his paper reports a replication of their basic findings and some corresponding robustness checks, which reveal a serious omitted variable problem. Once corrected for omitted variables, the most robust result, confirmed using both county and state data, is that RTC laws significantly reduce murder. There is no robust, consistent evidence that RTC laws have any significant effect on other violent crimes, including assault. There is some weak evidence that RTC laws increase robbery and assault while decreasing rape. Given that the victim costs of murder and rape are much higher than the costs of robbery and assault, the evidence shows that RTC laws are socially beneficial.

How many times
has a citizen

In
2020 gun violence: Even with fewer mass shootings, last year was deadliest in decades - The Washington Post

Guns save lives......guns save lots of lives.......more than criminals take when they use guns illegally to commit murder...

Lives saved....based on research? By law abiding gun owners using guns to stop criminals?

Case Closed: Kleck Is Still Correct

that makes for at least 176,000 lives saved—

Money saved from people not being beaten, raped, murdered, robbed?.......

So figuring that the average DGU saves one half of a person’s life—as “gun violence” predominantly affects younger demographics—that gives us $3.465 million per half life.

Putting this all together, we find that the monetary benefit of guns (by way of DGUs) is roughly $1.02 trillion per year. That’s trillion. With a ‘T’.

I was going to go on and calculate the costs of incarceration ($50K/year) saved by people killing 1527 criminals annually, and then look at the lifetime cost to society of an average criminal (something in excess of $1 million). But all of that would be a drop in the bucket compared to the $1,000,000,000,000 ($1T) annual benefit of gun ownership.

When compared to the (inflation adjusted from 2002) $127.5 billion ‘cost’ of gun violence calculated by by our Ludwig-Cook buddies, guns save a little more than eight times what they “cost.”

Which, I might add, is completely irrelevant since “the freedom to own and carry the weapon of your choice is a natural, fundamental, and inalienable human, individual, civil, and Constitutional right — subject neither to the democratic process nor to arguments grounded in social utility.”

So even taking Motherboard’s own total and multiplying it by 100, the benefits to society of civilian gun ownership dwarf the associated costs.

In 2013, President obama told the CDC to go through all gun research.....they found then that defensive uses of guns occurred between 500,000 to 3 million times a year.

That's a solid indictment of America on gun use and abuse.
And supposedly that doesn't even count the bad guys!

No wonder Americans refer to their country's cities as 'shitholes'.

The entire country is awash in gun violence!

And so what to do? Nothing!
Nothing is possible anymore.

First...how many times a year do Americans use their legal guns to stop rapes, stabbings, beatings, robberies and murders?
I could be nice and just say you do not understand the topic or I could be gentile and just say you be a gun killing trumpite or just say it like it is.,,. Stay away from me or else!!!

Tell Me Oh Wise One...how many times a year do Americans use their legal guns to stop rapes, stabbings, beatings, robberies and murders
how many times?

I could be nice and just say you do not understand the topic or I could be gentile and just say you be a gun killing trumpite or just say it like it is.,,. Stay away from me or else!!!

Tell Me Oh Wise One...how many times a year do Americans use their legal guns to stop rapes, stabbings, beatings, robberies and murders?

1.1 million times a year according to the centers for disease control....other research?

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

The name of the group doing the study, the year of the study, the number of defensive gun uses and if police and military defensive gun uses are included.....notice the bill clinton and obama defensive gun use research is highlighted.....

GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, no military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, no military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, no military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, no military)

CDC...1996-1998... 1.1 million averaged over those years.( no cops, no military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, no military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, no military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops,no military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, no military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, no military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

My bet is 98% of Republicons favor open carry laws
My bet is 97% of the 98% above are white males, balding and have an IQ score of 65 or less & they are racists

My bet is 97% of the 98% above are white males, balding and have an IQ score of 65 or less & they are racists

The racism in the United States comes from the democrat party, a political party created by slave owners....

The racism in the United States comes from the democrat party, a political party created by slave owners....

I can tell you are a very smart balding old man.
So I must test your intellect to see if you are deserving of my time.
Just answer the following-
Read the following statement quickly, counting all the letters F in the statement:

FINISHED FILES ARE THE RESULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIFIC STUDY COMBINED WITH THE EXPERIENCE OF MANY YEARS.
How many did you find?
Sweet pee, you have 5 minutes to answer
I'm giving you some space, it is 12:36PM
@ 12:41 you looose
its 12:57 bye baldeee

Last edited:

How many times
has a citizen

In

Well that's all bullshit.

In 2013, President obama told the CDC to go through all gun research.....they found then that defensive uses of guns occurred between 500,000 to 3 million times a year.

That's a solid indictment of America on gun use and abuse.
And supposedly that doesn't even count the bad guys!

No wonder Americans refer to their country's cities as 'shitholes'.

The entire country is awash in gun violence!

And so what to do? Nothing!
Nothing is possible anymore.
No it isn't.

You're just a really fucked up person who has something wrong with him.

My bet is that you're wanting to do harm to those people and are pissed off and frustrated that you can't do so without getting shot.

You're just a really fucked up person who has something wrong with him.

These wacko's can not even write good English. But since you and I have been such good friends for so long I am going to correct your mistakes and re-post your comment below-- "note" edited my me

I'm just a really fucked up person who has something wrong with me.

The truth will set you free
btw: no need to thank me cause we be such good friends and all
Humor is required to appreciate this post

The proof of this being a wise move for Texas will start to be proven no later than Friday night!

Then on Saturday morning Texans will wake up hearing the news of how the night was kept so quiet and peaceful by 'good' gun owners in the bars and taverns.
Will the libruls then learn to stfu?
Them librulz is sykotical
They'll be on a mission to get their fucking brains blown out. IT DA GUNZ FAULT !!
Who is that masked,masked, masked man with the 44 hole in the forehead ?

Forum List

Back