Finally -- Texans Can Open-Carry Without Government Intervention

Except in the jurisdictions where this sort of thing almost always happens, they don't get sent to prison, and are usually out on bail (or no bail) in a very short time.

So why are you even trying to play this rigged game?
Flip the table and shoot the guy dealing from the bottom of the deck, already.

Getting bailed out only allows a person time out of jail until their court hearing. Then they get sent to prison if found guilty.

"House Bill 1927 would nix the requirement for Texas residents to obtain a license to carry handguns if they’re not prohibited by state or federal law from possessing a gun. The Republican-led effort to allow Texans to carry handguns without any kind of license cleared what is likely its biggest remaining hurdle in the Capitol on Wednesday. This bill, to me, is a restoration of the belief in and trust of our citizens,” said state Sen. Charles Schwertner, R-Georgetown, who is carrying the legislation in the upper chamber. Also, Texas does not require a license to openly carry a rifle in public."

That Texas Senator is absolutely right -- Texans can have trust in their fellow ciztizens that they will do the right thing -- there is no need for big government to license you and make you jump thru all kinds of hoops just to exercise your constitutional right.....before, you had to not just pay for a concealed carry license, you had to go thru training and all of this other crap....that is basically tyranny.....Besides, what do they expect?? That any and everybody is going to feel they can open carry a weapon anywhere they want? They were going to do that anyway, no need to put all of these cumbersome restrictions on the rest of us.....it's not like voting or anything....now that would be really dangerous....
"Texans can have trust in their fellow citizens that they will do the right thing"

Really? Have you ever been on the receiving end of a road rage incident? I have. It was back in 1999 when someone chased me down the Interstate at around 3:30 AM when I was on my way to work. That's why I ended up getting my windows tinted.

My guess is that the police are not going to like this one bit because it increases the likelihood that there's going to be a gun in any car they pull over for a traffic violation.
Freedom in America must come with the risk of being shot dead at any moment by a police officer.

As will be soon made clear when Chauvin has had a new trial to find him not guilty of any crime.

That will result in police officers having the complete and unconditional right to kill when even the smallest of crimes is committed by a bad guy. Human life in America must always be trumped by the right of the police to keep the peace.

We Canadians may choose differently, but it's none of our business and not our concern. We are limited to observing America's progress and remarking as permitted by this forum and other soap boxes.
Apparently, freedom in America must also come with the risk of being shot dead at any moment by a total stranger while grocery shopping or simply driving down the street.
Freedom isn't safe, and it never will be. Grow up and deal.

You could always try going to prison...... it's not very safe there either, but you probably won't get shot.

:cool:

If they can't be trusted to walk around armed, then they can't be trusted to walk around loose, period.

So, how is that supposed to work?

They have the freedom as an American to walk around loose unless they commit a crime or are institutionalized due to mental problems. If they want to carry out in the public, then they should have to take a class and get a license.
I don't agree.

Well, I had my own bar tab around that time. (Might have been 16 or so, but pretty close.)

And I was 15 the first time some guys tried to murder me.

And I was married and a father at 19.

So how is any of that relevant?

It isn't so I have no idea why you brought it up.
Ray, you are the one who brought up age, not me....... so wtf?

"House Bill 1927 would nix the requirement for Texas residents to obtain a license to carry handguns if they’re not prohibited by state or federal law from possessing a gun. The Republican-led effort to allow Texans to carry handguns without any kind of license cleared what is likely its biggest remaining hurdle in the Capitol on Wednesday. This bill, to me, is a restoration of the belief in and trust of our citizens,” said state Sen. Charles Schwertner, R-Georgetown, who is carrying the legislation in the upper chamber. Also, Texas does not require a license to openly carry a rifle in public."

That Texas Senator is absolutely right -- Texans can have trust in their fellow ciztizens that they will do the right thing -- there is no need for big government to license you and make you jump thru all kinds of hoops just to exercise your constitutional right.....before, you had to not just pay for a concealed carry license, you had to go thru training and all of this other crap....that is basically tyranny.....Besides, what do they expect?? That any and everybody is going to feel they can open carry a weapon anywhere they want? They were going to do that anyway, no need to put all of these cumbersome restrictions on the rest of us.....it's not like voting or anything....now that would be really dangerous....
"Texans can have trust in their fellow citizens that they will do the right thing"

Really? Have you ever been on the receiving end of a road rage incident? I have. It was back in 1999 when someone chased me down the Interstate at around 3:30 AM when I was on my way to work. That's why I ended up getting my windows tinted.

My guess is that the police are not going to like this one bit because it increases the likelihood that there's going to be a gun in any car they pull over for a traffic violation.

Sorry...actual police support concealed carry...

https://crimeresearch.org/2018/05/n...ncealed-handgun-reciprocity-and-other-issues/

National Association of Chiefs of Police Annual Surveys on Concealed Handgun Reciprocity and other issues - Crime Prevention Research Center

Concealed carry reciprocity: Support

29th annual Survey..... 88.62%
28th.............................86.4%
27th.............................63.3%

Can armed citizens help lower violent crime activity: Support

29th......75.77%
28th......76%
27th.......76.4%

Except in the jurisdictions where this sort of thing almost always happens, they don't get sent to prison, and are usually out on bail (or no bail) in a very short time.

So why are you even trying to play this rigged game?
Flip the table and shoot the guy dealing from the bottom of the deck, already.

Getting bailed out only allows a person time out of jail until their court hearing. Then they get sent to prison if found guilty.
That's how it's supposed to work; reality is, they are out and doing dirt, usually until they get busted for another crime, or just killed.

The actual police?

More than 91 percent of respondents support the concealed carry of firearms by civilians who have not been convicted of a felony and/or not been deemed psychologically/medically incapable.

A full 86 percent feel that casualties would have been reduced or avoided in recent tragedies like Newtown and Aurora if a legally-armed citizen was present (casualties reduced: 80 percent; avoided altogether: 60 percent).

This is Texas; you can safely assume every car has a firearm in it.

Since there are currently only 1.6 million permits that would allow a citizen to carry a weapon, the rest would be illegal until this legislation is signed into law. But I don't have a problem believing that it's smart to assume that people are carrying handguns in their cars whether they're doing so legally or otherwise.

Freedom in America must come with the risk of being shot dead at any moment by a police officer.

As will be soon made clear when Chauvin has had a new trial to find him not guilty of any crime.

That will result in police officers having the complete and unconditional right to kill when even the smallest of crimes is committed by a bad guy. Human life in America must always be trumped by the right of the police to keep the peace.

We Canadians may choose differently, but it's none of our business and not our concern. We are limited to observing America's progress and remarking as permitted by this forum and other soap boxes.
Apparently, freedom in America must also come with the risk of being shot dead at any moment by a total stranger while grocery shopping or simply driving down the street.

And that is a myth, and a lie.....almost all of our gun crime is concentrated in tiny areas in democrat party controlled cities.....and over 70-80% of our gun murder victims are criminals murdered by other criminals, and of the rest of the victims, the vast majority are friends and family of the criminals hit by mistake..

The takeaway? Stay out of democrat party controlled cities, and don't have criminals as friends and family and our country is as safe or safer than any European country.

Yet another restriction being promoted by you against your 2nd. amendment rights. You're definitely halfway down the slippery slope of outlawing lawabiding citizens to purchase and own guns.

And so who will be the authority to do the testing you are suggesting?

You really blew it that time Ray!

Can you back off and at least mandate the testing after the citizen has become a gun owner?

My comment had nothing to do with purchasing or owning guns. My comment was directed at people carrying guns in the public.

If a person buys a firearm and doesn't know much about guns, the only time he or she will use it is if an intruder is breaking into their home. They can only hurt themselves in the worst scenario. However once you are out in public with a firearm, you can hurt or kill other innocent people by accident.

When you are trained to carry a firearm in public to get your license, you have to have 10 hours of class time in our state, pass a written test, and pass a range test to make sure you can handle the weapon you own. So I wouldn't be happy with people who know nothing about our laws or how to use their gun in public where I'm at if they decide to use it.

If I'm in a convenience store that's getting robbed without my firearm, and another citizen pulls out his or hers to stop the robbery or perhaps save my life, I'm confident they can handle that weapon within the constraints of our laws. If we didn't have CCW's in my state, I'd be scared to death of a citizen using their gun anywhere around me.

And when the democrats make the requirements so onerous that only politicians and the rich can afford the time and money to get the CCW?

National Association of Chiefs of Police Annual Surveys on Concealed Handgun Reciprocity and other issues - Crime Prevention Research Center

29th......75.77%
28th......76%
27th.......76.4%
I seriously doubt that you will find that the average patrolman will welcome finding himself in a situation where he pulls over a complete stranger for a traffic violation, and approaches the driver's side of a car to find that the person is carrying a loaded weapon without a permit and the training that comes with it.

Since there are currently only 1.6 million permits that would allow a citizen to carry a weapon, the rest would be illegal until this legislation is signed into law. But I don't have a problem believing that it's smart to assume that people are carrying handguns in their cars whether they're doing so legally or otherwise.

Cops always accept the fact that any car or house they approach will have a weapon in it, and that anyone they may approach can be a deadly threat.....so your fears are just not accurate.

29th......75.77%
28th......76%
27th.......76.4%
I seriously doubt that you will find that the average patrolman will welcome finding himself in a situation where he pulls over a complete stranger for a traffic violation, and approaches the driver's side of a car to find that the person is carrying a loaded weapon without a permit and the training that comes with it.

What part of those survey results do you not understand? I have family, 2 members, and friends, several, who are police officers and they have no problem with concealed carry. Those surveys of actual police officers also support it......

More than 91 percent of respondents support the concealed carry of firearms by civilians who have not been convicted of a felony and/or not been deemed psychologically/medically incapable.

A full 86 percent feel that casualties would have been reduced or avoided in recent tragedies like Newtown and Aurora if a legally-armed citizen was present (casualties reduced: 80 percent; avoided altogether: 60 percent).

29th......75.77%
28th......76%
27th.......76.4%

If the civilian doesn't draw the weapon and point it at the cop, the cop won't be concerned........

There are no effective means of preventing a convicted criminal who is released from prison from buying as many AR-15's as he can buy on his credit card or in cash, or both.

The 2nd. amendment is clear on that and it doesn't look like it's going to be tampered with by any socialists any time soon.

As for the school children? Screw them! If they're over 10 years old they and their teachers should be openly packing heat during school hours.

It's perfectly legal to carry a firearm in a vehicle in Texas.

29th......75.77%
28th......76%
27th.......76.4%
I don't care what my public servants like or dislike; if it bothers him so much he can go find a real job.

It's perfectly legal to carry a firearm in a vehicle in Texas.
I know it's legal to carry a long gun.

29th......75.77%
28th......76%
27th.......76.4%

If the civilian doesn't draw the weapon and point it at the cop, the cop won't be concerned........
That would likely be true if it's someone he knows personally or someone driving a nice car and wearing a shirt and tie. I wouldn't count on it if it's a total stranger who's driving a beater car and is badly dressed and has a scraggly beard and a bad haircut. I mean, you have heard the saying that desperate people do desperate things, haven't you?

Forum List

Back