Finally -- Texans Can Open-Carry Without Government Intervention

"House Bill 1927 would nix the requirement for Texas residents to obtain a license to carry handguns if they’re not prohibited by state or federal law from possessing a gun. The Republican-led effort to allow Texans to carry handguns without any kind of license cleared what is likely its biggest remaining hurdle in the Capitol on Wednesday. This bill, to me, is a restoration of the belief in and trust of our citizens,” said state Sen. Charles Schwertner, R-Georgetown, who is carrying the legislation in the upper chamber. Also, Texas does not require a license to openly carry a rifle in public."

That Texas Senator is absolutely right -- Texans can have trust in their fellow ciztizens that they will do the right thing -- there is no need for big government to license you and make you jump thru all kinds of hoops just to exercise your constitutional right.....before, you had to not just pay for a concealed carry license, you had to go thru training and all of this other crap....that is basically tyranny.....Besides, what do they expect?? That any and everybody is going to feel they can open carry a weapon anywhere they want? They were going to do that anyway, no need to put all of these cumbersome restrictions on the rest of us.....it's not like voting or anything....now that would be really dangerous....

It hasn't passed yet, but I hope it does soon. Texas will join 17 other states that don't infringe on their citizens' civil rights.

Thankfully, the vast majority of folks shooting each other occurs in places run by people exactly like you.
You mean like Texas??

Because that is where I live........

I am just happy that I can open carry anywhere I want without having to take that burdensome conceal carry class and pay for a goofy license
Maybe you should move.

You don't seem to really like or have any respect for your neighbors anyway, so maybe find another place to live.

ou mean like Texas??

I am just happy that I can open carry anywhere I want without having to take that burdensome conceal carry class and pay for a goofy license

They were talking about that in my state and I'm against it. Several times I went to the range and some punk ass young guys were there treating the gun like it was a toy. One time I seen them Fn around and fire a round into the ceiling, then started to laugh like two drunks at a bar that heard a really funny joke.

When you take the time and effort to get a license, at least those people take firearms seriously. You have to learn how to handle a gun safely, learn all the laws that pertain to carrying a gun, and demonstrate your ability to shoot the damn thing on a range.

Without a license there will be people out there carrying a gun without knowing the laws or safety precautions like downrange. Or perhaps people getting a gun when they never shot a gun in their life or know anything about it. You see these lowlifes all the time with their drive by shootings and they end up killing a 5 year old watching cartoons in her living room. Lowlifes won't spend the money to learn about guns nor go to the range to practice. They just start shooting and whatever they hit, they hit and don't care.
I disagree.

I never ceded the authority to the government to tell me when I could and could not, exercise my rights.

“A solid majority of Texas voters don't think permitless carry should be allowed, according to the latest University of Texas/Texas Tribune poll.” ibid

Fortunately, conservatives don’t believe in polls.

“A solid majority of Texas voters don't think permitless carry should be allowed, according to the latest University of Texas/Texas Tribune poll.” ibid

Fortunately, conservatives don’t believe in polls.
That's because they tend to be bullshit.

Like this one is.

"House Bill 1927 would nix the requirement for Texas residents to obtain a license to carry handguns if they’re not prohibited by state or federal law from possessing a gun. The Republican-led effort to allow Texans to carry handguns without any kind of license cleared what is likely its biggest remaining hurdle in the Capitol on Wednesday. This bill, to me, is a restoration of the belief in and trust of our citizens,” said state Sen. Charles Schwertner, R-Georgetown, who is carrying the legislation in the upper chamber. Also, Texas does not require a license to openly carry a rifle in public."

That Texas Senator is absolutely right -- Texans can have trust in their fellow ciztizens that they will do the right thing -- there is no need for big government to license you and make you jump thru all kinds of hoops just to exercise your constitutional right.....before, you had to not just pay for a concealed carry license, you had to go thru training and all of this other crap....that is basically tyranny.....Besides, what do they expect?? That any and everybody is going to feel they can open carry a weapon anywhere they want? They were going to do that anyway, no need to put all of these cumbersome restrictions on the rest of us.....it's not like voting or anything....now that would be really dangerous....
Another false flag is going to occur again to shutdown this bill. Like the way they have done at the Stop the steal protest at the Capitol.
And so the Deep state are going to orchestrate another spree of gun violence around Texas. That the culprits of these shootings are going to be unlicensed to carry or having an unregistered gun. And then the politicians that are pushing for this bill to pass, will have to surrender to the Anti second amendment regiment. And then gun holders will have a stupid look on their face again as the way they have had at the Stop the steal protest at the Capitol, when they will tell them that they can only carry a single shot pea-shooter. But confiscate all those who have bought more than two round weapons. And it will be easier for them to find if they have placed microchips in gun parts or bullets all around the country.
That they are laughing at the rise of guns and bullets sales. It is because they are seeing so many citizens spending lots of cash on something that they will be snatching it back from them.

Last edited:
With this new 5G network around the country will help them to detect any microchip, even in far secluded areas or in underground shelters or bunkers where it was harder to detect..

Likely not going to make any difference in Texas. Bad people who shoot their fellow Americans are 'good' people with guns until they start shooting people. Every gun owner is a potential killer.

Maybe one way to screen out the good people wanting to own guns from the 'bad' would be to ask them one simple question before allowing them to start building an arsenal.

Do you intend to shoot at human silouette targets?
So then you must believe every man is a potential rapist.

ou mean like Texas??

They were talking about that in my state and I'm against it. Several times I went to the range and some punk ass young guys were there treating the gun like it was a toy. One time I seen them Fn around and fire a round into the ceiling, then started to laugh like two drunks at a bar that heard a really funny joke.

When you take the time and effort to get a license, at least those people take firearms seriously. You have to learn how to handle a gun safely, learn all the laws that pertain to carrying a gun, and demonstrate your ability to shoot the damn thing on a range.

Without a license there will be people out there carrying a gun without knowing the laws or safety precautions like downrange. Or perhaps people getting a gun when they never shot a gun in their life or know anything about it. You see these lowlifes all the time with their drive by shootings and they end up killing a 5 year old watching cartoons in her living room. Lowlifes won't spend the money to learn about guns nor go to the range to practice. They just start shooting and whatever they hit, they hit and don't care.
Why are you trying to "RESTRICT" Americans from exercising their 2A rights??

What restriction? Buy all the guns you want, I don't care. However I think there is a percentage of our people too irresponsible or too stupid to be walking around with a gun in public. Going through the trouble and cost of getting a license filters out most of those people in my opinion.

Take a young wanna be thug for instance. He was never in trouble as an adult before. Is he going to get a license to carry a gun? Hell no. Our state like many others requires applicants to submit electronic fingerprints and have an extensive background check. So if he does start carrying a gun without a license and gets busted, he will end up in jail or prison stopping a crime before it happens.

Now that I'm an older guy, I think back to some of the completely stupid things I did when I was younger. I say to myself "WTF was I thinking of??" I can't imagine what I might have done myself if I was allowed to carry a gun around.

If our state gets rid of CCWs, then it should only apply for people 30 years old and older.

What restriction? Buy all the guns you want, I don't care. However I think there is a percentage of our people too irresponsible or too stupid to be walking around with a gun in public. Going through the trouble and cost of getting a license filters out most of those people in my opinion.

Take a young wanna be thug for instance. He was never in trouble as an adult before. Is he going to get a license to carry a gun? Hell no. Our state like many others requires applicants to submit electronic fingerprints and have an extensive background check. So if he does start carrying a gun without a license and gets busted, he will end up in jail or prison stopping a crime before it happens.

Now that I'm an older guy, I think back to some of the completely stupid things I did when I was younger. I say to myself "WTF was I thinking of??" I can't imagine what I might have done myself if I was allowed to carry a gun around.

If our state gets rid of CCWs, then it should only apply for people 30 years old and older.
If he is a "thug" -- wouldn't he be carrying a gun anyway??

Gun laws don't work.....stop being a commie

Sorry...but the democrats use licensing laws as a way to keep people from owning and carrying guns........give them that inch and they will make it impossible to own or carry a gun when they get the power...

If that's the case they will do it with licensing or without.

Sadly, our country has deteriorated into a society where carrying a firearm may be necessary.

If just one of those Asians who have been assaulted by bad actors recently had used a firearm to defend him/herself, it is probable that some bad actors would think twice about committing such savage acts.

Hopefully this Texas law will be a deterrent to bad actors. I have read that crime in Texas greatly increased after an influx of young people from a certain state that had suffered a terrible hurricane.

Sadly, our country has deteriorated into a society where carrying a firearm may be necessary.

If just one of those Asians who have been assaulted by bad actors recently had used a firearm to defend him/herself, it is probable that some bad actors would think twice about committing such savage acts.

Hopefully this Texas law will be a deterrent to bad actors. I have read that crime in Texas greatly increased after an influx of young people from a certain state that had suffered a terrible hurricane.

Just the idea that Americans in a state have the legal ability to carry a firearm concerns them license or not. A lot of these attacks happen in commie states like NY or OR where it's difficult to get a license to carry, or they don't have laws that protect the victim if he or she uses deadly force.

After Donald Trump was elected President, our city hosted the convention. Word was out there that it would be a blood bath. Commies from all across the country were coming here to make it the most dreadful and dangerous event in history.

They built temporary outside jails for the mob of troublemakers so the patty wagon could go back and forth hauling them to our regular jails. I think we had four arrests, and two of them had nothing to do with the convention.

Here we are allowed to use deadly force with laws to protect us while doing so. We got rid of our holster law for our cars so you can legally drive with a loaded gun on the passenger seat. Our Castle Doctrine extends to our vehicle while we occupy it if you are a CCW holder. That means trying to break into my car is no different than trying to break into my house. Once you do it, I have every legal right to shoot you dead.

The troublemakers that were supposed to show up here never came around. They are from states where the law is on their side more than the potential victim. That's why you don't see people being pulled out of their cars in my state during a protest or riot. Trying to do so may very well be the end of your life.

Forum List

Back