Finally -- Texans Can Open-Carry Without Government Intervention

And when the democrats make the requirements so onerous that only politicians and the rich can afford the time and money to get the CCW?

In commie states, they are doing that now. I posted the John Stossel story about how he spent almost $500 and waited eight months only for them to deny his application for a CCW.

"House Bill 1927 would nix the requirement for Texas residents to obtain a license to carry handguns if they’re not prohibited by state or federal law from possessing a gun. The Republican-led effort to allow Texans to carry handguns without any kind of license cleared what is likely its biggest remaining hurdle in the Capitol on Wednesday. This bill, to me, is a restoration of the belief in and trust of our citizens,” said state Sen. Charles Schwertner, R-Georgetown, who is carrying the legislation in the upper chamber. Also, Texas does not require a license to openly carry a rifle in public."

That Texas Senator is absolutely right -- Texans can have trust in their fellow ciztizens that they will do the right thing -- there is no need for big government to license you and make you jump thru all kinds of hoops just to exercise your constitutional right.....before, you had to not just pay for a concealed carry license, you had to go thru training and all of this other crap....that is basically tyranny.....Besides, what do they expect?? That any and everybody is going to feel they can open carry a weapon anywhere they want? They were going to do that anyway, no need to put all of these cumbersome restrictions on the rest of us.....it's not like voting or anything....now that would be really dangerous....
"Texans can have trust in their fellow citizens that they will do the right thing"

Really? Have you ever been on the receiving end of a road rage incident? I have. It was back in 1999 when someone chased me down the Interstate at around 3:30 AM when I was on my way to work. That's why I ended up getting my windows tinted.

My guess is that the police are not going to like this one bit because it increases the likelihood that there's going to be a gun in any car they pull over for a traffic violation.
This is Texas; you can safely assume every car has a firearm in it.

Since there are currently only 1.6 million permits that would allow a citizen to carry a weapon, the rest would be illegal until this legislation is signed into law. But I don't have a problem believing that it's smart to assume that people are carrying handguns in their cars whether they're doing so legally or otherwise.

Cops always accept the fact that any car or house they approach will have a weapon in it, and that anyone they may approach can be a deadly threat.....so your fears are just not accurate.
It's not my fear. It would be the cop's fear and very likely the fears of his wife at one day becoming a widow.

Ray, you are the one who brought up age, not me....... so wtf?

My only point with that is we do regulate rights, just like we've been taking the right to vote away from people who were convicted felons, and don't allow them to own or hold a gun ever again.

"House Bill 1927 would nix the requirement for Texas residents to obtain a license to carry handguns if they’re not prohibited by state or federal law from possessing a gun. The Republican-led effort to allow Texans to carry handguns without any kind of license cleared what is likely its biggest remaining hurdle in the Capitol on Wednesday. This bill, to me, is a restoration of the belief in and trust of our citizens,” said state Sen. Charles Schwertner, R-Georgetown, who is carrying the legislation in the upper chamber. Also, Texas does not require a license to openly carry a rifle in public."

That Texas Senator is absolutely right -- Texans can have trust in their fellow ciztizens that they will do the right thing -- there is no need for big government to license you and make you jump thru all kinds of hoops just to exercise your constitutional right.....before, you had to not just pay for a concealed carry license, you had to go thru training and all of this other crap....that is basically tyranny.....Besides, what do they expect?? That any and everybody is going to feel they can open carry a weapon anywhere they want? They were going to do that anyway, no need to put all of these cumbersome restrictions on the rest of us.....it's not like voting or anything....now that would be really dangerous....
"Texans can have trust in their fellow citizens that they will do the right thing"

Really? Have you ever been on the receiving end of a road rage incident? I have. It was back in 1999 when someone chased me down the Interstate at around 3:30 AM when I was on my way to work. That's why I ended up getting my windows tinted.

My guess is that the police are not going to like this one bit because it increases the likelihood that there's going to be a gun in any car they pull over for a traffic violation.

Since there are currently only 1.6 million permits that would allow a citizen to carry a weapon, the rest would be illegal until this legislation is signed into law. But I don't have a problem believing that it's smart to assume that people are carrying handguns in their cars whether they're doing so legally or otherwise.
It's perfectly legal to carry a firearm in a vehicle in Texas.
I know it's legal to carry a long gun.
Any firearm in your vehicle, handgun, long gun, whatever.

It's perfectly legal to carry a firearm in a vehicle in Texas.
I know it's legal to carry a long gun.
Any firearm in your vehicle, handgun, long gun, whatever.
I wasn't aware of that before, but I just confirmed that. It looks like that's been in effect since 2007. That wasn't the case when I was in Texas twice back in the early 1990s, where, by the way, somebody threw a beer bottle onto the windshield of my rented car when I drove under an overpass.

GO TEXAS! :salute:
The proof of this being a wise move for Texas will start to be proven no later than Friday night!

Then on Saturday morning Texans will wake up hearing the news of how the night was kept so quiet and peaceful by 'good' gun owners in the bars and taverns.
Will the libruls then learn to stfu?
Alcohol and handguns are such a good combination.

Carrying a firearm while intoxicated is a crime.
Then why allow them in bars?

They dont.
You obviously have not been following the conversation.

GO TEXAS! :salute:
The proof of this being a wise move for Texas will start to be proven no later than Friday night!

Then on Saturday morning Texans will wake up hearing the news of how the night was kept so quiet and peaceful by 'good' gun owners in the bars and taverns.
Will the libruls then learn to stfu?
Alcohol and handguns are such a good combination.

Carrying a firearm while intoxicated is a crime.
Then why allow them in bars?

They dont.
Have you been following the conversation?

Likely not going to make any difference in Texas. Bad people who shoot their fellow Americans are 'good' people with guns until they start shooting people. Every gun owner is a potential killer.

Maybe one way to screen out the good people wanting to own guns from the 'bad' would be to ask them one simple question before allowing them to start building an arsenal.

Do you intend to shoot at human silouette targets?

Coming from a State that has been 'open carry' all along ... There have been changes over the past few decades.

Twenty years ago, no one gave shit if you walked into a store open carry.
Nowadays, the shit they give is usually in their pants, as they run around with their hair on fire acting like it is the end of the world.

It's hard not to laugh at them, you really didn't decide to open carry to hurt their precious feelings.

Coming from a State that has been 'open carry' all along ... There have been changes over the past few decades.

Twenty years ago, no one gave shit if you walked into a store open carry.
Nowadays, the shit they give is usually in their pants, as they run around with their hair on fire acting like it is the end of the world.

It's hard not to laugh at them, you really didn't decide to open carry to hurt their precious feelings.

We've been an open carry state for as long as I could remember, but nobody ever did it and still don't. One day I'm reading our local news several years ago and they had a story about a guy who open carried in a Wendy's about 20 minutes from my home. The police stormed the place with guns blazing while this poor guy was just scarfing down his double combo. He fully complied with their orders and they took him outside.

Some old lady in the restaurant seen the gun and summoned the police. He explained to the officer he was from Arizona and stated everybody open carries. He looked up our laws before coming here and found out we were open carry too, so he didn't think much about it.

Likely not going to make any difference in Texas. Bad people who shoot their fellow Americans are 'good' people with guns until they start shooting people. Every gun owner is a potential killer.

Maybe one way to screen out the good people wanting to own guns from the 'bad' would be to ask them one simple question before allowing them to start building an arsenal.

I enjoy target shooting and when I do I use bullseye targets and try to achieve the highest score I can.

Since I legally carry a concealed handgun for self defense I do some shooting practice on silhouette targets.

I sincerely hope I never have to use a firearm to stop an attack from an individual who intends and has the means to put me in the hospital for an extended stay or six feet under.

It seems you are insinuating that I am a “bad” person since I carry a handgun for self defense and practice self defense shooting on silhouette targets. Are you seriously saying that using a firearm to defend yourself or your family makes you a bad person? Also be aware that if attacked my object is to stop the attack not kill the attacker.

I enjoy target shooting and when I do I use bullseye targets and try to achieve the highest score I can.

Since I legally carry a concealed handgun for self defense I do some shooting practice on silhouette targets.

I sincerely hope I never have to use a firearm to stop an attack from an individual who intends and has the means to put me in the hospital for an extended stay or six feet under.

It seems you are insinuating that I am a “bad” person since I carry a handgun for self defense and practice self defense shooting on silhouette targets. Are you seriously saying that using a firearm to defend yourself or your family makes you a bad person? Also be aware that if attacked my object is to stop the attack not kill the attacker.
I pity you for going through life so scared.

Do you lock the doors on your home when you leave the house empty or go to sleep at night? Do you lock the doors on your car when you exit your vehicle? Do you have insurance on your home in case of a theft or the house sustains damage from fires, water leaks, a tree falling on it?

Do you lock the doors on your home when you leave the house empty or go to sleep at night? Do you lock the doors on your car when you exit your vehicle? Do you have insurance on your home in case of a theft or the house sustains damage from fires, water leaks, a tree falling on it?

That dude lives in a cardboard box behind the dumpster at the Portland Animal Shelter ... He ain't scared of shit.

If you think this is comparable, you are an idiot. Oh, hold on, this is Ray.

Forum List

Back