Fight intolerance with tolerance.

I don't understand the title....
She didn't use tollerance - is the LGBTQ community supposed to react with tollerance?
If you are being mugged should you be tollerant?
What is wrong with a straight kid hanging out with a gay kid? Are you affraid he will "catch" the gay bug? Why beat the kid - was he told not to hang out with "that kid"?
I guess I miss the whole point of this.
Do hetero men have sex or even want to have sex with every woman they meet? NO!
Do Gay guys have sex or even want to have sex with every guy they meet? NO!
You can't catch the "gay bug", you are born that way.
Nobody chooses who they fall in love with. Nobody chooses their sexual preference.
Hanging around with gays doesn't hurt you, I have been doing it for years and I am still hetero. I only seem to fall in love with women. I suppose its because I find them atractive. I have been approached by guys but when they learn that I am hetero they are polite and apologize... why apologize? All that means is that I am an attractive guy - to him. No big deal, girls never apologize when they find me atractive and I tell them I am monogomous and married. Some of them get angry!
I don't understand this whole deal. why would a mother beat her son for being around a gay kid? Whould she behave the same way if it had been a gay girl his age?

The mother wanted notariety and she got it, in spades! If she can't deal with the fallout then she was an idiot to start with. Posting that she was going to beat her son for having a friend.... What next? will she stone him if she finds out he masterbates? Maybe she will burn him at the stake if he chooses Wicca as his religion.
moron!

I applaud this bloggers message. I am sorry for this woman who has had her personal info put out there for the world to see and I hope many donations are made in her name.

I'm sorry, but what is the point? Is someone trying to raise money on this incident? For what purpose?

The bloggers point is that it's wrong to violate this womans privacy, get her home and work address and post it publicly, and harass her on Facebook because of a horrible comment she made.

I will agree that physical threats are never OK. I can agree that putting out personally identifying information on someone against their wishes is a bad idea in today's society. But harrassing her on Facebook? Bigots, racists, and assorted crazies who hate have gotten way too much of a free pass. Failure to call them on it is not tolerance, it's enabling hatred and bigotry.

And again, your post implied that someone was soliciting money based on this incident. Who is asking and where is the money supposed to be going?

P.S. If you really want to promote tolerance, make a donation to the Teaching Tolerance Project at the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Last edited:
The bloggers point is that it's wrong to violate this womans privacy, get her home and work address and post it publicly, and harass her on Facebook because of a horrible comment she made.

I will agree that physical threats are never OK. I can agree that putting out personally dentifying information on someone against their wishes is a bad idea in today's society. But harrassing her on Facebook? Bigots, racists, nd assorted crazies wo hate have gotten way too much of a free pass. Failure to call them on it is not tolerance, it's enabling hatred and bigotry.

And again, your post implied that someone was soliciting money based on this incident. Who is asking and where is the money supposed to be going?

Well someone started an entire facebook page dedicated to harassing this woman. I dont think you can urge people to be more tolerant of others when any opinion that differs from you own is met with harsh retribution. People have the right to be bigots.

As to the money, the blogger urged readers to, instead of getting on facebook and posting profanity toward the woman, to donate to a lgbt organization in her name.

Forum List

Back