FEMA Administrator Disagrees With Trump: ‘I Believe the Puerto Ricans Are Pulling Their Weight’

Hey, look at that! All it takes is finding one person to disagree with the President and it becomes a news story! Never mind that Puerto Rico is way out in the Ocean. Another jackass on this board suggested helicopters and rotor craft to get them supplies, except where are they supposed to fly from, Florida 800 miles away? How many military ships do we have free to take the copters to Puerto Rico and how much supplies can you carry unless you use Chinooks? And where shall they hand, everything is destroyed, airports, landing pads, roads, communications, and bridges.

BTW, how much has Cuba sent or helped, they are right next door! Remember, Castro is Obama's buddy! How many hundreds of millions has Hillary raised through her Clinton Foundation of Global Initiative much less given out of her and Whoopi Goldberg's pockets?!
I know. Let's get an aircraft carrier sh.. for brains. How many do we have? What are we spending money for on the most expensive military in the world if they aren't good at doing anything?

Aside from being spread all over the world, I'm guessing a lot of them are in the Pacific right now involved in preparing for North Korea. I don't really know, but with Harvey devastating Texas and Louisiana and Irma hitting parts of the Caribbean, Florida, Georgia and Alabama, plus everything else around the world, I think we are a little stretched right now to clean up and rebuild an entire country 800 miles out to sea from the closest US land, which also happens to have suffered from being hit by one of the recent hurricanes.

Hey, look at that! All it takes is finding one person to disagree with the President and it becomes a news story! Never mind that Puerto Rico is way out in the Ocean. Another jackass on this board suggested helicopters and rotor craft to get them supplies, except where are they supposed to fly from, Florida 800 miles away? How many military ships do we have free to take the copters to Puerto Rico and how much supplies can you carry unless you use Chinooks? And where shall they hand, everything is destroyed, airports, landing pads, roads, communications, and bridges.

BTW, how much has Cuba sent or helped, they are right next door! Remember, Castro is Obama's buddy! How many hundreds of millions has Hillary raised through her Clinton Foundation of Global Initiative much less given out of her and Whoopi Goldberg's pockets?!
I know. Let's get an aircraft carrier sh.. for brains. How many do we have? What are we spending money for on the most expensive military in the world if they aren't good at doing anything?
outside North Korea? Anything important going on there? do you fks ever use your fking brains?

How many aircraft carriers do you need when we have bases all over South Korea and Asia? And you have the nerve to tell me to use my brain.

Aside from being spread all over the world, I'm guessing a lot of them are in the Pacific right now involved in preparing for North Korea. I don't really know, but with Harvey devastating Texas and Louisiana and Irma hitting parts of the Caribbean, Florida, Georgia and Alabama, plus everything else around the world, I think we are a little stretched right now to clean up and rebuild an entire country 800 miles out to sea from the closest US land, which also happens to have suffered from being hit by one of the recent hurricanes.
Uh, hello, Puerto Rico isn't a county. It's a territory filled with millions of American citizens.

So what are you saying? Fuk 'em? Let them die? It's wouldn't be the first time for the GOP.

Uh, hello, Puerto Rico isn't a county. It's a territory filled with millions of American citizens.

Ah, let's see. The flag and seal of Puerto Rico look like this today:

125px-Flag_of_Puerto_Rico.svg.png
343px-Great_Seal_of_the_Commonwealth_of_Puerto_Rico.svg.png

Their main language is Spanish. They were discovered and claimed by Spain in 1493. In 1898 they succeeded from Spain and they were adopted as an Unincorporated Territory of the US in 1917. So they were their own country of sorts until taken over by Spain, and remain to us a territory but less than a state! You don't see the American flag flying there do you? They are quasi-American, granted citizenship and freedom to move between there and here, but they get no vote in our elections.

Show me where I ever said they should die? All I said is that we have military spread all around the world and a ton of other demands in them right now and not a big fleet just sitting around on the Atlantic coast ready to take off with enough men, machines, Chinooks and supplies to rebuild an entire island nation sitting way out 800 miles at best from the USA! Meantime, PR has gotten a lot of aid and relief so far and will be getting much more as soon as possible as they get that mess sorted out, but IT'S NOT A PERFECT WORLD. Hurricanes have more ability to destroy than we do to rebuild. People will die in PR. People died in Florida. People died in Texas, and Vets die every day just trying to get care a VA hospital.

They said that all of the Puerto Rico's government officials are pulling their weight except for San Juan mayor. But now protesters in San Juan is going to protest for Pres.Trump visit, to let him know that climate change do exist. The people of San Juan should slaughter those protesters for trying to turn the disaster into something political. San Juan's mayor and the Left do not care about them needing assistance, but only care about pushing their own agenda.

One line. As he goes on to talk about how the mayor's ideas were different than the Governor's ideas on what should be the priorities for the Commander.

Wow. He really did a pretty dance around it.:lol: He came up with "joint priorities". Well done sir. Could be a politician after this!

WTF? You don't know what you are talking about? They just got air control back up and fully running. Maria destroyed all the key generators used by the FAA. Air traffic was reduced to one flight per hour. Now they are getting back up to speed.

They had to fix the bloody ports so ships could dock and unload for crying out loud.

Where are the air drops, the paratroopers and the helicopters?
Paratroopers??

Deanie boy you are a certified laugh riot. ... :lol: .. :lol:
Yea, paratroopers.

You can't just drop supplies. Thugs will grab whatever they want and leave those in need without anything.

In fact, if you were there and there was an airdrop of supplies, you are the kind that would grab those supplies and not share with women and children. Am I right?

Having jumpers dropping with the supplies would insure supplies are distributed to those who need it. Something you clearly don't understand.

Lt. General said after Katrina, he had 270 helicopters after Katrina but Puerto Rico has less than 60. And he had 20,000 troops when there are half that in Puerto Rico.

This is why you are one ignorant c...
A know nothing who knows nothing.
A belch.
A stench.
Worth less than nothing. Because common sense makes no sense to your ignorant a..

You really need to get up to date. Helicopters have been delivering aid to those airfields where they can land. Katrina did not cause the structural damage that Maria did.

The lying fucking media who are desperate to smear Trump don't tell the little folk like rdean what's going on. FYI go to the DoD yourself and get the detailed rescue/aid relief information that the propaganda arm of the Democrat party won't tell you.

170929-Z-KL947-017.JPG

In San Juan, Puerto Rico National Guardsmen load pallets of food and water onto an UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter for distribution to Orocovis, Puerto Rico, Sept. 29, 2017. The National Guard has partnered with the Federal Emergency Management Agency and other state and federal agencies in response and relief operations for Hurricane Maria. Air National Guard photo by Air Force Staff Sgt. Michelle Y. Alvarez-Rea

Davis provided the following updates and details of hurricane relief operations in Puerto Rico and elsewhere in the Caribbean region: Waaaaaaaaay more at link

Puerto Rico Situational Update

-- FEMA reports assessments completed at 64 of 69 hospitals; 59 are partially or fully operational; five unassessed facilities are psychiatric hospitals that do not provide emergency care.

-- Forty-five percent of customers have access to drinking water. Ninety-five percent of customers remain without power; power has been restored to San Juan airport and marine terminals.

-- Eight hundred and fifty-one of 1,100 retail gas stations have reopened and purchase limits have been lifted. Forty-nine percent of grocery and big box stores are open.

-- Erosion repairs to the Guajataca Dam are scheduled to begin Oct. 1-2.

-- The Navy hospital ship USNS Comfort departed Norfolk, Virginia, yesterday and it is estimated to arrive in Puerto Rico on Oct. 4.

-- Five of six FEMA-priority sea ports are open or open with restrictions; surveys of Ponce and Roosevelt Roads are ongoing.

U.S. Virgin Islands Situational Update

-- An assessment of the main hospital on St. Thomas will be completed today.

DoD Accelerates Hurricane Relief, Response Efforts in Puerto Rico > U.S. DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE > Article

Watching Sarah Huckabee as I type this.

She said they now have 12,500 in Puerto Rico. Lt. Gen. Honore said they had 20,000 in New Orleans.

14 out of 69 hospitals are on the electrical grid.

65% of gas stations operational.

Course, when she says this stuff, she is talking about in San Juan and a couple of other cities. Out in the rural areas, we aren't even getting news.

She was saying this stuff proudly. But it's a disgrace. Republicans do the worst job possible and then convince America everything they do is golden.

They are masters of putting lipstick on a pig.

Dean you can find out the information yourself at the DoD. And you aren't really slagging Republicans or Trump.

You are in effect trash talking the thousands of Military personnel, thousands of FEMA and other agency workers and saying that they are doing a piss poor job.

So fuck you for insulting them like the Mayor bitch from hell did.

Aircraft carriers are designed to deliver fighter jets to an area to control air space. They are not designed to deliver food and rescue workers. Puerto Rico is an island. All aid will need to be either brought in by air...which requires working runways to land large planes on...or by boat...which requires functioning harbors. When both airports and harbors are up and running then the next obstacle will be clearing roads of downed trees so that aid can be delivered to outlying areas. Once that is done then repairs to the electric grid will have to be done. This is a process that will take time. You ranting about Trump won't help that process...but then again...ranting against Trump is your primary reason for getting up every morning, R-Derp! You could care less about the people of Puerto Rico. You've gleefully seized this opportunity to attack Trump. You wanted to do so after the Texas hurricane but Trump and FEMA handled that expertly. You wanted to after the Florida hurricane but once again Trump and FEMA handled yet another disaster expertly. Now with Puerto Rico FEMA and Trump are facing yet another monumental challenge and you're rooting for them to fail because it's what you DO!

outside North Korea? Anything important going on there? do you fks ever use your fking brains?

How many aircraft carriers do you need when we have bases all over South Korea and Asia? And you have the nerve to tell me to use my brain.
ask the generals, I mean there is a direct threat to our civilization, I think all ideas are on the table. You think? you are just an evil libturd that has an agenda. nothing he does would ever qualify to you. so your point is like garbage and it should be thrown there.

Aircraft carriers are designed to deliver fighter jets to an area to control air space. They are not designed to deliver food and rescue workers. Puerto Rico is an island. All aid will need to be either brought in by air...which requires working runways to land large planes on...or by boat...which requires functioning harbors. When both airports and harbors are up and running then the next obstacle will be clearing roads of downed trees so that aid can be delivered to outlying areas. Once that is done then repairs to the electric grid will have to be done. This is a process that will take time. You ranting about Trump won't help that process...but then again...ranting against Trump is your primary reason for getting up every morning, R-Derp! You could care less about the people of Puerto Rico. You've gleefully seized this opportunity to attack Trump. You wanted to do so after the Texas hurricane but Trump and FEMA handled that expertly. You wanted to after the Florida hurricane but once again Trump and FEMA handled yet another disaster expertly. Now with Puerto Rico FEMA and Trump are facing yet another monumental challenge and you're rooting for them to fail because it's what you DO!
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

So what are you saying? Fuk 'em? Let them die? It's wouldn't be the first time for the GOP.

oh no global warming............ the sky is falling......:itsok:

Trump hates Ricky Martin because Ricky is Hispanic AND GAY.

Trump sent Irma and Marie to Puerto Rico just because he hates Ricky martin so much.

Forum List

Back