favorite dog breed

Beagles! I used to have a large kennel of beagles (45) adults. I field trialed them with the AKC, rabbit hunted with them, showed them and sold beagle puppies. Did all this for 18 years. Beagles rock. Nothing sounds better than a pack of beagles on the hot trail of a rabbit...

yea my neighbors pack of beagles trailed a rabbit right by my bedroom window at about 6 am......he had to work early that day and wanted to run them early....i go outside and shake my fist at him....i know if the pack is near he is up in the pasture watching and listening....i think the fist shaking amuses him

I've had three diffrent kinds of dogs....an English Bulldog, Chocolate Lab, and Black Lab. I loved all the dogs the same, but my favorite breed is the English Bulldog. All three dogs were exteremly stuborn, but the Bulldog took the cake. They are very high maintenance, but I love their cartoonish features and expressions. My favorite type of dog.

bulldog_foto2.jpg

I've had the blessing of having been a breeder and so I could get up close and personal with others.

As my last baby heads out into this world (catahoula champ) I've known Mastiff to a medio podenga, I've known the best of breeds that could take your breath away.

Italian greyhound. In no particular order here. Giant Schnauzer sp? unreal beasties. and or a Maaremma.

But my favorite of small ones a baby boston. My dad actually sacrificed my university fund to get a dog called " Cinnamon Saints Ben Beau".

I'm glad he did. Years later I got into Ryerson anyway.

I like Pit Bulls. Awesome dogs for the most part, but when they suck, they really suck.

Attachments

• $IMG_20110923_181215.jpg
    $IMG_20110923_181215.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 78
Beagles! I used to have a large kennel of beagles (45) adults. I field trialed them with the AKC, rabbit hunted with them, showed them and sold beagle puppies. Did all this for 18 years. Beagles rock. Nothing sounds better than a pack of beagles on the hot trail of a rabbit...

yea my neighbors pack of beagles trailed a rabbit right by my bedroom window at about 6 am......he had to work early that day and wanted to run them early....i go outside and shake my fist at him....i know if the pack is near he is up in the pasture watching and listening....i think the fist shaking amuses him

Oh thats too funny! I don't know what it is with beagles but it's like they "assume" you are on the same wave length as them.

Which is scarey btw....:lol:

I like Pit Bulls. Awesome dogs for the most part, but when they suck, they really suck.

manie will go nuts if he sees this post....but you are right....they are great dogs till they arent

a friend of mines was engaged in a battle with a pack of coyotes when my friend who had heard the battle start evened the odds by showing up with a .22......the pit continued her attack even after she had been wounded badly by the coyotes...he was able to save her...

manie will go nuts if he sees this post....but you are right....they are great dogs till they arent

a friend of mines was engaged in a battle with a pack of coyotes when my friend who had heard the battle start evened the odds by showing up with a .22......the pit continued her attack even after she had been wounded badly by the coyotes...he was able to save her...

Ya, when they get going it can be a mess. The breed is getting better. The dog in the photo is a pit mutt from a litter of city roaming dogs. This dog is pretty safe and real good with kids.

I've known stellar pits.

Pity on the breeding these days. I'm big on terriers from Glen of Imaal (these are the little guys who go down a hole to kill badgers and the key part of the game is that they don't get disqualified for making a freaking sound I want two:D I want a whole batch of these sons of guns:D

Having to choose over the years I think know I know I've been blessed by my personal choices from Ridgeback to Catahoula.

I've loved them all.

Ya, when they get going it can be a mess. The breed is getting better. The dog in the photo is a pit mutt from a litter of city roaming dogs. This dog is pretty safe and real good with kids.

Unfortunately pitts got bred out in the 80's and 90's as drug dolls.

I adore them. Big on staffs as well. but my personal fave is am bulls. I know some really great breeders.

With my old bitch up on board for dying, and these are hard moments, I love her so but her time is close, my husband and I are thinking black and tan hound or blue tic hound. We love hunting dogs so much.

Last edited:
mmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmm mmm mmm mmm

okey dokey pups I would kill for but never have....

baby chi chis

My neighbor just got one and I love it to death but we already have a pool on when the bald eagle gets it. Or double whammy the cat next door.

Last edited:

When I lived in an apartment in Williamsburg, VA I had a beagle named Chester. Chester loved to chase rabbits. One night, about 2 am he pushed out the screen in the living room window and went out side. He got on to a rabbit and was chasing it all around the apartment complex. Lights were popping on all over the place because of the commotion. I caught Chester and got him back into the apartment before too long and everybody got back to sleep. I wasn't so popular for a few days but it wasn't long before the college girls were coming back around to take Chester roller blading with them. He had a better social life there than I did.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WkEO6ZFEbY]'Mister Gibbs' changes toddler's life in Atlanta[/ame]

Mr. Gibbs. :clap2:

When I lived in an apartment in Williamsburg, VA I had a beagle named Chester. Chester loved to chase rabbits. One night, about 2 am he pushed out the screen in the living room window and went out side. He got on to a rabbit and was chasing it all around the apartment complex. Lights were popping on all over the place because of the commotion. I caught Chester and got him back into the apartment before too long and everybody got back to sleep. I wasn't so popular for a few days but it wasn't long before the college girls were coming back around to take Chester roller blading with them. He had a better social life there than I did.

Mine to. I make jokes about renting my dog to single men. This dog gets the chicks.

I love beagals but I have to admitt if I was to choose a hound it would likely be a basset hound.

They are just too cool

First basset I ever met was this old timer in a Florida snowbirds trailer park called "George". :D

His favorite trick was to croon along to "Some Day My Prince will Come". It was so funny. He was just so adorable.

Kudos to you. Keeping a beastie on it's "made for the planet moment".

I love the bay. I think one of the things that I've missed the most is "the sound" with Dusty and Bad Ass gone (catahoulas).

Old Ruby Starr my only girl left tries, but there's nothing like a pack of hounds. Give me bayed solid every time.

Waaaay back I used to post at a great forum ACME Pets and there was this awesome beagle breeder....well I loved the heck out of her....she named one of her dogs after me.

"Boone". I pray to the good lord that pup went on to great things.:lol:

Nice to meet you.

Forum List

Back