Favorite Artist/Group and Favorite Album

Pink Floyd (favorite Group)

The Wall (favorite Album)

What's yours?

P.S. Favorite song: Comfortably Numb

Pink Floyd's a hard choice to top. Although I never got into The Wall -- I always preferred Meddle as a Desert Island Disc

What I remember and respect about PF is going to see them play and immediately noting they weren't dressed in sequins, platform shoes, Rambo outfits or anything else, but simply the same street clothes the audience wore, in other words an unpretentious lot that understood it was about the music and not about being posers. Pretentious posers are an instant revulsion.

That's in the past though. My last favorite group no longer exists as of a few years ago, and that's the Asylum Street Spankers. Again, completely unpretentious and delightfully irreverent.

Never heard of them, but thank you for sharing!
I am getting quite an education today!!! :)

Okay let's see...I have to trip Bonzi up, we have agreed on everything all day today.
Going to have to reach out there to stuff I like not most people above 30 don't...

For 10 minutes and 27 seconds all was right in the world...one of the most beautiful moments in music history right here...I am a 50 year old typically hardass type A male..and I am not ashamed to say when I saw this for the first time I had a lump on my throat..

I am all about country soul singer James Otto. :) :) :)

God bless you and him always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. My most favorite album is his Shake What God Gave Ya! album and his song named "Dam* Right" is my most favorite song. :) :) :)

Pink Floyd (favorite Group)

The Wall (favorite Album)

What's yours?

P.S. Favorite song: Comfortably Numb

Pink Floyd's a hard choice to top. Although I never got into The Wall -- I always preferred Meddle as a Desert Island Disc

What I remember and respect about PF is going to see them play and immediately noting they weren't dressed in sequins, platform shoes, Rambo outfits or anything else, but simply the same street clothes the audience wore, in other words an unpretentious lot that understood it was about the music and not about being posers. Pretentious posers are an instant revulsion.

That's in the past though. My last favorite group no longer exists as of a few years ago, and that's the Asylum Street Spankers. Again, completely unpretentious and delightfully irreverent.

Never heard of them, but thank you for sharing!
I am getting quite an education today!!! :)

I also like Nikolai Andreyevich Rimsky-Korsakov. Just to utter his name alone is a blast. :eusa_dance:
His music's not bad either.

The first piece of music that ever planted itself in my head, which I still play every year at Christmas and cannot do so with dry eyes, was the Nutcracker Suite from Tchaikovsky's ballet of the same name.

I could never pick a "favorite." There are too many that I like. They might be different from one another, but I like them the same. Also, I might have a favorite one week and then something completely different the next week. I like a lot of different kinds of music, so I really can't choose. :)

I know no one will ever listen to my YouTube video. but that being said....

I love this!

I want a girl who gets up early
I want a girl who stays up late
I want a girl with uninterrupted prosperity
Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
With fingernails that shine like justice
And a voice that is dark like tinted glass
She is fast and thorough
And sharp as a tack
She's touring the facility
And picking up slack
I want a girl with a short skirt and a lonnnnng.... lonnng jacket

"With fingernails that shine like Justice!" Is the greatest line ever written in Rock & Roll.

2nd Favorites:

Group: QUEEN
Album: Day At The Races
Song: Impossible for me to choose a favorite Queen song....

I don't think I could pick just one

One of my musical guilty pleasures is girls singing break up songs

I don't think I could pick just one

One of my musical guilty pleasures is girls singing break up songs

men are so "feisty" in the morning!!!!

Can't think of a break up song by a women/girl group off the top of my head.....

Forum List

Back