BMG Splits With Roger Waters Over Pink Floyd Co-Founder’s Comments on Israel

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
He has become, comfortably dumb.

BMG is to part ways with Roger Waters, the Pink Floyd co-founder whose inflammatory comments about Israel, Ukraine and the United States have caused no shortage of controversy, Variety has learned. The German-based company signed a publishing agreement with the musician in 2016 and was scheduled to release a newly recorded version of Pink Floyd’s epochal 1973 album “Dark Side of the Moon” last year, but new CEO Thomas Coesfeld nixed the deal after taking up his new post on July 1, 2023. The album ultimately came out through U.K.-based Cooking Vinyl.

He has become, comfortably dumb.

He has been a far left wing agitator for years. Their music is more popular than ever as it were though I only like a few songs myself. They are reaching a younger crowd as are many of the classic rock bands due to todays music being garbage.

Try to separate politics from music and even the personal life of musicians from music. Some musicians can't help themselves and the number of anti-Israeli citizens in the UK is far higher than people understand. I am not even sure how it became this way but that old Churchill brand of Brits is long gone.

He has been a far left wing agitator for years. Their music is more popular than ever as it were though I only like a few songs myself. They are reaching a younger crowd as are many of the classic rock bands due to todays music being garbage.

Try to separate politics from music and even the personal life of musicians from music. Some musicians can't help themselves and the number of anti-Israeli citizens in the UK is far higher than people understand. I am not even sure how it became this way but that old Churchill brand of Brits is long gone.
He's a Putin stooge.

I have "ancestors" from the UK and distant relatives I never met OVER THERE---related to both paternal and maternal sides of my family. It was
always that way---from the crusades and catholic days and proceeding into the Anglican days ----and the days of the JEWS BEING UPPITY in the Mandate. There were significant PRO-NAZI elements in that era just as there were in
their descendants in the area of the Hudson Valley in the USA. There was also----a lesser group---of actual friends and heroes

BMG will stop working with Roger Waters due to his views.
Record company BMG will stop working with Pink Floyd co-founder Roger Waters due to his statements about Israel, Ukraine and the United States. Variety magazine reported this on Tuesday, citing sources. According to them, Waters' inflammatory remarks against Israel, Ukraine and the United States "caused a lot of controversy."

The author of most of Pink Floyd's hits has been repeatedly accused of anti-Semitism, including after his critical statements about Israel and the Jewish state's policies towards Palestine. Waters's tour in Germany this spring was accompanied by a scandal caused by his stage outfit, which resembled a Nazi uniform and referred to the image of the dictator Pink, the main character of the film Pink Floyd - The Wall, directed by Alan Parker. After the concert, Waters denied all accusations and said that he was being subjected to politically motivated harassment.

How dare this putz have his own opinion in a country of victorious democracy?
Everyone should have the same opinion, then it will come out democratically.
That's Freedom of speech for you. You blurt out something politically wrong and you are free from contracts, work, money. If he wished death on the russians, there would immediately be tours all over Europe and contracts, but if he doesn’t want to, and he get cancelled.
"An anti-semite is not someone, who does not like jews. An anti-semite is someone whom jews do not like."(c)

Forum List

Back