Far right wing county ARRESTS people; Then forces them into a church!!!

Who cares? They would never in a million years allow their mosque to be used to assist the community or law enforcement in such a way.

150 warrants served in Operation Dragnet in Spartanburg County | GoUpstate.com

Ok. So the devil is in the details. But seriously. A massive warrant round up, in the uber-conservative upstate of South Carolina. The prisoners are taken, in handcuffs in custody, into a First Baptist Church to be processed before going to jail!!!!!

No shit. They actually arrested them, and then force them into a Baptist Church before taking them to jail.

The right wing never left the 1800's I suppose.

Congratulations on the most pathetic troll post in history.

Oh dont get me wrong, I love the warrant round up. And I for one dont give a shit about where they process them.

BUT...in todays lawsuit happy society, one would think it would be smarter to NOT round them up, force them into a church, THEN take them to jail. That county is going to get sued over this, no doubt about it. Just one of those criminals whines to a lawyer that his freedom of/from religion was violated, and cha-ching!!!

I oppose the warrant roundup, and I still think the county is perfectly justified in using the church building to process them. My guess is that, even if they arrested a Jehovah's Witness, the only religion I know of that actively objects to even entering building used by any other religion, they are perfectly safe from a lawsuit.

Last edited:

Ok. So the devil is in the details. But seriously. A massive warrant round up, in the uber-conservative upstate of South Carolina. The prisoners are taken, in handcuffs in custody, into a First Baptist Church to be processed before going to jail!!!!!

No shit. They actually arrested them, and then force them into a Baptist Church before taking them to jail.

Is there room in the Spartanburg County jail for 150 or more prisoners to be held prior to booking? I would venture to guess there is not.

Are you claiming that these arrestees were forced to participate in some kind of religious exercise while waiting for booking, or are you just coming unglued because of the building they were held in?

Imagine this: Some local mayor or governor, a huge supporter of Barack Obama, does a massive tax-evasion warrant round up. And then herds them into a Muslim mosque before taking them to jail. Would there be outrage??? No question.

Not from me. My guess is the Muslims would be up in arms about their Mosque being defiled by people wearing shoes, but that wouldn't be my problem.

If you were a member of a religious sect that prohibited entering a prison or jail would it violate your religious beliefs to serve a sentence?

A vacant grocery store? An old warehouse? An old gymnasium? The local fenced in flea market? Any number of closed businesses that are big vacant buildings now?? The options are limitless. Spartanburg is among SC's 10 biggest cities, so it's not podunk Mayberry.

But they chose A CHURCH???

Can you imagine the outrage if a San Francisco or Chicago warrant roundup ended with prisoners being herded into a mosque before being taken to jail????

This was stupid.

You certainly are.

Being forced into one while in the custody of the government does. You cant be forced into a church...regardless of circumstance. Freedom FROM religion, remember?

Please highlight the "freedom from religion" part.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

So you'd be ok with Ram Emanuel having Chicago PD herding prisoners into Chicago mosques first.........then taking them to jail at a later time?

If he can demonstrate a clear need, sure.

Another example of how churches benefit the communities.

It's probably the biggest, best maintained building in the area. They were generous to allow the use of it.

Oh, and btw, you're a hysterical extremist loon.

That county is part of a 1,000,000 resident CSA, including Greenville, according to the Census Bureau. I bet there was a bigger, empty, non-religious building somwhere in SC's 7th largest city Spartanburg.

How many of them are within 10 minutes of the county jail?

I'd have no problem, as long as they were not forced to participate in Muslim religious practice, or subjected to teachings.

If they didn't participate in muslim religious practices, they couldn't enter the mosque for any reason. You cannot enter a mosque without taking off your shoes and all women must cover their heads. Assuming that some of the arrestees were women, they would have had to be provided a headscarf if they didn't have one of their own.

I'm pretty sure there are rooms in most Mosques that are use for nonreligious functions. Shoes off, maybe, but I doubt that a non Muslim woman's head must be covered in all areas of the physical building.

I am pretty sure you are wrong about that. It might look non religious to us, but everything a Muslim does is centered around submitting to God, which is why they think Sharia law is more important than civil law.

BUT...in todays lawsuit happy society, one would think it would be smarter to NOT round them up, force them into a church, THEN take them to jail. That county is going to get sued over this, no doubt about it.

Why would they get sued over it?

I have to agree with the others. This is one of your more pathetic threads.

Is there room in the Spartanburg County jail for 150 or more prisoners to be held prior to booking? I would venture to guess there is not.

Are you claiming that these arrestees were forced to participate in some kind of religious exercise while waiting for booking, or are you just coming unglued because of the building they were held in?

Imagine this: Some local mayor or governor, a huge supporter of Barack Obama, does a massive tax-evasion warrant round up. And then herds them into a Muslim mosque before taking them to jail. Would there be outrage??? No question.

Maybe if the purpose of using the Mosque was to force people to worship Islam.

However that is not what happened here, What happened here is a Small Town that did not have a place to Process that many people at once, and did what they had to.

Again I will say it. You are Pathetic. and Clearly Desperate.

Being forced into one while in the custody of the government does. You cant be forced into a church...regardless of circumstance. Freedom FROM religion, remember?

Please highlight the "freedom from religion" part.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

So you'd be ok with Ram Emanuel having Chicago PD herding prisoners into Chicago mosques first.........then taking them to jail at a later time?

What does that have to do with the bullshit you were saying about freedom FROM religion?

Your concession is duly noted.

Another example of how churches benefit the communities.

It's probably the biggest, best maintained building in the area. They were generous to allow the use of it.

Oh, and btw, you're a hysterical extremist loon.

That county is part of a 1,000,000 resident CSA, including Greenville, according to the Census Bureau. I bet there was a bigger, empty, non-religious building somwhere in SC's 7th largest city Spartanburg.

You remain a fucking idiot.

Naaa...one can expect something like that from Obama. Nothing that fraud could do would surprise me. Wonder how much time he has spent the last two days trying to figure out what percent of oil drilling rights his administration has revoked?

There was no religion presented moron. Its a building made of wood bricks and steel just like EVERY OTHER building.

Just change your avatar vote for obama and stop playing games

So a House of God is nothing but a building of bricks, wood and wires? You are not a very good Christian if you believe that.

When you are using it for a Purpose other than Religion.

Of course it is.

You are doing what the loons on Both sides do so often. Trying to make a fucking Massive Mountain, out of a tiny little fucking Mole hill.

The only thing I will say about this is that they should have know better, because they should have known a Bunch of Reactionary Fools like yourself would try and spin this into them forcing Religion on people.

Personally I see no problem with what they did, other than they should have known about you idiots.

lol

You people turn Freedom of religion to the Point of Freedom from Religion.

You keep saying what if it was a Mosque. Who cares what it is as long as they were just using it for a secular purpose.

Just Because I think to many Muslims are Radical and take their religion to a Violent, and Intolerant Extreme, Does not mean I am Offended by the site of a mosque for gods sake, or that I would look at it's use in a case like this different than any other House of worship.

Forum List

Back