Far right wing county ARRESTS people; Then forces them into a church!!!

150 warrants served in Operation Dragnet in Spartanburg County | GoUpstate.com

Ok. So the devil is in the details. But seriously. A massive warrant round up, in the uber-conservative upstate of South Carolina. The prisoners are taken, in handcuffs in custody, into a First Baptist Church to be processed before going to jail!!!!!

No shit. They actually arrested them, and then force them into a Baptist Church before taking them to jail.

The right wing never left the 1800's I suppose.

Another example of how churches benefit the communities.

It's probably the biggest, best maintained building in the area. They were generous to allow the use of it.

Oh, and btw, you're a hysterical extremist loon.

That county is part of a 1,000,000 resident CSA, including Greenville, according to the Census Bureau. I bet there was a bigger, empty, non-religious building somwhere in SC's 7th largest city Spartanburg.

Being forced into one while in the custody of the government does. You cant be forced into a church...regardless of circumstance. Freedom FROM religion, remember?

There was no religion presented moron. Its a building made of wood bricks and steel just like EVERY OTHER building.

Just change your avatar vote for obama and stop playing games

So a House of God is nothing but a building of bricks, wood and wires? You are not a very good Christian if you believe that.

So...I assume you'd be ok with the mosque being built near the WTC right? After all, its just a building. Or you'd be ok with Obama hording federal prisoners in mosques before taking them to jail, right?

Not sure you got enough bogus strawmen in this post. Please try again.

And everytime a church is destroyed by fire or nature the people always say "It is just a building"
Its onlyva house of God when worshippers envoke god within it

Now go find another non story to cry about

I wonder how the idiot OP feels about the fact that many AA meetings are hosted by churches...

Horrific, I know, since a large percentage of AA participants are there as a part of their drug conviction diversion program.

Of course their rights weren't violated and there will be no lawsuits. It's old and settled law.

Ok. Now we're getting somewhere!!!

Make note: Right wingers have now officially said on this thread that if Barack Obama had the FBI and DEA house their prisoners in a mosque before official transport to a jail, they would be OK with it!!!!!

Now....any sane person knows if that actually occurred, the right wing would have a fucking outrage over it.

Imagine this: Some local mayor or governor, a huge supporter of Barack Obama, does a massive tax-evasion warrant round up. And then herds them into a Muslim mosque before taking them to jail. Would there be outrage??? No question.

That's true. Fox News would lead with the story, accompanied by doom music. Then an out of context clip of the mosque's imam saying it is everyone's duty to throw puppies into rush hour traffic. Then a quick flash to Obama. Linkage. Then Hannity asking if we really want more dangerous criminals converted to the ideology of Islam. Then another Obama cameo.

Within five minutes after the Fox News story, there would be ten topics on USMB about Obama attempting to make murderers into Muslims.

This is what we call "journalism" today.

:lol:

No need to MAKE murders into Muslims. So many Muslims already are murderers.

I wonder how the idiot OP feels about the fact that many AA meetings are hosted by churches...

Horrific, I know, since a large percentage of AA participants are there as a part of their drug conviction diversion program.

And ORDERED to attend these meeting by a judge. Imagine that, ordered into a church.

I suppose churches should be prohibited from helping sick people via charity programs as well...

Witnesses in court are required to swear to tell the truth...ON A BIBLE!!!

Stop the presses! Horrors!

Bottom line: They were taken into govt custody, and led into a church against their own free will. They will get sued over this.

I thought people who worship the Holy Tax Dollar as the most sacred item on Earth...would be pissed that their right wing leaders would risk that tax dollar to lawsuits by such a careless move.

BTW....Spartanburg is part of the Greenville/Sptbg/Anderson "CSA" which the Census says is home to over 1,000,000 people. I bet they have some vacant buildings or something other than a church in a metro area that size.
Had they been led into a school gymnasium, it would have been against their will. They were arrested. Where they were physically held is immaterial, unless they were forced to practice a State religion.

Make note: Right wingers have now officially said on this thread that if Barack Obama had the FBI and DEA house their prisoners in a mosque before official transport to a jail, they would be OK with it!!!!!

Now....any sane person knows if that actually occurred, the right wing would have a fucking outrage over it.
I honestly can't see Muslims letting that happen. But if it makes you happy to think so...

Witnesses in court are required to swear to tell the truth...ON A BIBLE!!!

Stop the presses! Horrors!

Well, not for a long time. That's not a requirement of any court I've ever been in. Even the words "so help me God" have been eliminated. Raise your right hand, but there's no Bible.

I honestly can't see Muslims letting that happen. But if it makes you happy to think so...

If they were housed in a mosque there is no doubt that the arrestees would be screaming at having to take off their shoes and thus participate in the islamic religion and perform islamic ritual.

What kills me is you know bucx and g500 have been raised on the government dime, and have undoubtedly benefited from programs that are funded by the religious right.

I'll bet they trot down to the basement of St. Mary's every other thursday regular as clockwork to pick up their food boxes and free toiletries, lying about their income, whining about the fact that their free medical restricts them to 30 doses of xanax and vicodin a month...

Being forced into one while in the custody of the government does. You cant be forced into a church...regardless of circumstance. Freedom FROM religion, remember?

Please highlight the "freedom from religion" part.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

So you'd be ok with Ram Emanuel having Chicago PD herding prisoners into Chicago mosques first.........then taking them to jail at a later time?

I'd have no problem, as long as they were not forced to participate in Muslim religious practice, or subjected to teachings.

Islam has its own way of dealing with criminals...let them have them!

Please highlight the "freedom from religion" part.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

So you'd be ok with Ram Emanuel having Chicago PD herding prisoners into Chicago mosques first.........then taking them to jail at a later time?

I'd have no problem, as long as they were not forced to participate in Muslim religious practice, or subjected to teachings.

If they didn't participate in muslim religious practices, they couldn't enter the mosque for any reason. You cannot enter a mosque without taking off your shoes and all women must cover their heads. Assuming that some of the arrestees were women, they would have had to be provided a headscarf if they didn't have one of their own.

If they didn't participate in muslim religious practices, they couldn't enter the mosque for any reason. You cannot enter a mosque without taking off your shoes and all women must cover their heads. Assuming that some of the arrestees were women, they would have had to be provided a headscarf if they didn't have one of their own.

I'm pretty sure there are rooms in most Mosques that are use for nonreligious functions. Shoes off, maybe, but I doubt that a non Muslim woman's head must be covered in all areas of the physical building.

I'm pretty sure there are rooms in most Mosques that are use for nonreligious functions. Shoes off, maybe, but I doubt that a non Muslim woman's head must be covered in all areas of the physical building.

Okay, you can think that if you want.

Forum List

Back