Fake fast-food "strikes" really a front for SEIU union

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
It looks like astroturfing is alive and well in the Democrat party and their hard-left handlers.

You've heard about the so-called "fast-food strikes" that keep popping up. Another was this week. Their publicists have been trying to pretend they are "grassroots" movements - people who are simply upset, and who take to the streets to protest.

Not even close, it turns out. SEIU (the Service Employees International Union) has been actively starting these protests and organizing them. And, when they couldn't find enough people who thought they were worth paying attention to, SEIU has been paying strangers to come in, act like "employees" of the business being struck, and carry signs in "protest".

Democrats and other hard-left fanatics have been trying to legislate against the will of the people for quite some time now. It's really no surprise that they are faking "concern" over various employers who only pay what the employees' labor is worth, and staging fake "protests" and "strikes" to try to pretend they have some sort of backing from normal people.

Looks like they are still at it.

Is there no form of fakery and lying these people won't stoop to, to pretend they have a legitimate grievance?

-------------------------------------------------

Fast-food protests really front for guess who

Fast-food protests really front for guess who

Claims to be 'movement of workers' seeking higher wages

by Aaron Klein
Published: 2 days ago

Fast Food Forward, the group organizing the fast-food strikes set for New York City tomorrow, bills itself as a “movement of NYC fast food workers to raise wages and gain rights at work.” However, WND has found the group is actually a front for the progressive SEIU labor union and is led by paid professionals from the union as well as from the latest incarnation of the controversial ACORN group.

While it has been highly publicized that SEIU – Service Employees International Union – backs the fast-food protests, the new revelation shows its paid employees are actually leading and organizing a major component of the movement.

Besides directing the New York contingent, Fast Food Forward has been instrumental in fueling the protests scheduled nationwide.

Fast Food Forward’s president and lead organizer is activist Kendall Fells. He has been widely quoted by news media as simply organizing for the fast-food group.

USA Today, for example, reported: “Kendall Fells, a New York City-based organizer for Fast Food Forward, said demonstrations are planned for 100 cities, in addition to the 100 cities where workers will strike.” The New York Times labeled Fells only as one of Fast Food Forward’s main organizers. UPI similarly reported Fells is “one of the organizers of Thursday’s strikes.”

Fells, however, is more than just a Fast Food Forward organizer. He has been a paid SEIU organizer since at least 2007.

In 2007, Fells took in $73,129 as an SEIU organizer.
In 2008, his SEIU salary increased to $95,913. In 2009, Fells made $100,071 from his SEIU efforts. He made a similar salary in 2010.
In 2011, Fells’ SEIU salary jumped to $120,151. Last year, he took in $111,000 as a New York City coordinator for the SEIU.

Meanwhile, Fast Food Forward’s secretary-treasurer is activist Kevin Doyle. WND found Doyle has been employed by the SEIU since 2009. He is currently executive vice president of SEIU Local 32BJ.

Fast Food Forward’s vice president is Jonathan Westin. It turns out Westin doubles as organizing director for New York Communities for Change, the reincarnation of ACORN.

Little-Acorn,

Are you a business owner or an employee?

If you're an employee, you are part of labor. Do me a favor and stop backstabbing your colleagues who are trying to improve their lots in life?

They don't need you undercutting their efforts. You're just hurting yourself in the long run.

And the owners? For the most part, they don't care about you. It amuses them to no end that you are an unpaid shill for their interests.

If you're a business owner, why not try a little respect for the labor that makes America run?

Little-Acorn,

If you're an employee, you are part of labor. Do me a favor and stop backstabbing your colleagues who are trying to improve their lots in life?

They don't need you undercutting their efforts. You're just hurting yourself in the long run.

And the owners? For the most part, they don't care about you. It amuses them to no end that you are an unpaid shill for their interests.

If you're a business owner, why not try a little respect for the labor that makes America run?

yer an idiot

Little-Acorn,

GoDown? Are you a worker? If so, quit trying to cut others trying to enter the workforce out of jobs by raising the barrier to entry. How are people supposed to develop employable skills if they cannot get their foot on the first ring and prove themselves?
Try having a little compassion for your fellow American seeking to better himself rather than sit back and suck gov't tit.

Most all these strikes aren't the actual employees of the business they picket. They bring in SEIU and other union thugs, often on the clock as well.

During the long grocery strikes here a few years back I never saw any of the store's employees on the picket line (which I LOVED crossing). Teamsters and SEIU etc. and no familiar faces from the stores.

Little-Acorn,

TRANSLATION: "I can't refute anything you said, but I hate it anyway. So I really wish you'd quit talking about it, though I can't give you any real reasons why."

Little-Acorn,

yer an idiot

And you are just about the smartest right winger on this board. It's an honor.

See, you guys will never submit your individuality to the collective. You know better. Even if it takes food off of your table.

You know better. You know the truth. And you'll go to your grave with that understanding.

Sure that's a misguided elitest understanding on your part.

But that's what makes propagandistic brainwashing so thorough and entertaining. You live your life in the service of your economic masters willingly and aggressively at your own expense.

Who needs chains when you're giving it up for free?

It is no secret that the unions organized all this.

They are loosing members so they need to do something to try and make themselves look relevant.

Although all of the far left can thank Obama and Obamacare for driving the final nail in union coffin.

Little-Acorn,

TRANSLATION: "I can't refute anything you said, but I hate it anyway. So I really wish you'd quit talking about it, though I can't give you any real reasons why."
What's there to refute in your story?

Do you think rank and file workers wanting unionization should flock to the republican party?

About your story posted. Let's see, a service union is helping service workers with their grievances.

What a shock! Scandal. Please tell me you have something of substance to this ridiculous story.

Here's one: NewsFlash: Club For Growth opposes taxes!

Again, there's nothing to refute in your story. I'm just pointing out that you are likely a part of labor and you are stabbing your brothers and sisters in the back by playing uncle tom to the monied elites.

I take that back, you got the name of the democratic party wrong. It's not 'democrat party', it's democratic party. A lot of partisans make that mistake.

Little-Acorn,

GoDown? Are you a worker? If so, quit trying to cut others trying to enter the workforce out of jobs by raising the barrier to entry. How are people supposed to develop employable skills if they cannot get their foot on the first ring and prove themselves?
Try having a little compassion for your fellow American seeking to better himself rather than sit back and suck gov't tit.

The rest of your post is just sort of sad and meandering.

I thought I told you to pipe down sonny!

Last edited:
It is no secret that the unions organized all this.

They are loosing members so they need to do something to try and make themselves look relevant.

Although all of the far left can thank Obama and Obamacare for driving the final nail in union coffin.

The word is "losing" not "loosing." There is no word such as 'loosing.'

Great point. Let's stomp on labor. It's only 99% of the population. Let's make their lives tough.

How does Obama and the ACA drive the final nail in the coffin of organized labor?

Little-Acorn,

yer an idiot

And you are just about the smartest right winger on this board. It's an honor.

See, you guys will never submit your individuality to the collective. You know better. Even if it takes food off of your table.

You know better. You know the truth. And you'll go to your grave with that understanding.

Sure that's a misguided elitest understanding on your part.

But that's what makes propagandistic brainwashing so thorough and entertaining. You live your life in the service of your economic masters willingly and aggressively at your own expense.

Who needs chains when you're giving it up for free?

it's rare that a leftist lets his guard down like that and openly admits he has no will of his own and that he must follow the hive mind.

Most all these strikes aren't the actual employees of the business they picket. They bring in SEIU and other union thugs, often on the clock as well.

During the long grocery strikes here a few years back I never saw any of the store's employees on the picket line (which I LOVED crossing). Teamsters and SEIU etc. and no familiar faces from the stores.

That's how unions work. solidarity. Not every man for himself. That's why union jobs used to be well paid with great benefits. Nice anecdotal touch too. Who can refute your own observations?

Now everybody has shit jobs b/c of guys like you that know better. So what do you scabs do? You come after state union employees. Jealous?

"If you want to flip burgers for 'slave wages' for the rest of your life, then fine, you don't need trigonometry or science."

Burger flipper "slave wages" are a great motivator for parents and teachers to use on kids everywhere.

A job flipping burgers is for kids still living with their parents. And now, through the miracle of ObamaCare, they get health insurance until they are 26.

If you are still flipping burgers for survival at 26, then you are either a token mentally handicapped employee (and getting lots of state aid) or you had really shitty parents.

It sure as hell isn't Burger King's fault.

Last edited:
Of course this is whole strike shit stinks of Union hackery. The Unions in this country are dying from self-inflicted wounds and they need new suckers...i mean new members...to stay alive.

Bitter much? What motivates you, greed? You don't mind paying for things which enrich the business owner or stock holders, but resent those who supply the labor needed by the business owner or stock holders? Why?

Forum List

Back