Fact checking anti-gun myths about guns and gun owners....they just make s**t up........

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yes....yes they do, because nothing they believe about guns is evenly remotely true or based in facts....

Here is a fact check of some of the latest Democratic gun arguments.

“[We’ve had] more school shootings than days in the year so far in 2023.” — Sen. Chris Murphy (D-CT), CBS’s Face the Nation, April 2

This is a misleading claim from Murphy.

The Connecticut Democrat has long served as a voice for gun control advocacy due to the painful history of his home state, where a school shooter claimed the lives of more than two dozen people, most of them children under 7 years old, in 2012. Murphy was the congressman representing the district of the school at the time.

He appeared to cite statistics from the K-12 School Shooting Database, a data resource compiled by the Violence Project.

That database claims 95 shooting incidents have taken place at schools so far in the 93 days of this year.

But the claim is misleading because of just how broadly the group defines a shooting incident. The total includes any incident “when a gun is fired, brandished (pointed at a person with intent), or bullet hits school property, regardless of the number of victims, time, day, or reason,” according to the Violence Project.

That means, for example, that a gang-related shooting near a school during which a bullet strikes a sidewalk on a weekend, with no students present, would still count toward the total number of school shootings for the year.

Most people would provide a very different definition of a school shooting, and the type of shooting that occurred in Nashville is much rarer. According to the same dataset, only 105 school shooting incidents since the 1970s have involved “indiscriminate shooting.”

They can't get the hoople heads fired up with truth so they resort to misleading stats to gaslight the sheeple.

Eliminate the prog infested cities run by gun grabbing Dems & see how much it shrinks our violent crime rates.
We don't have gun problems, we have wokester idiots in charge problems

You said it well!

Go to a public shooting range in America and it won't be long to find a scary looking fkr all dressed up in camo, with extra military paraphrenalia hanging off him, with a blackened face and shooting at human silouette targets with his AR-15.

Should he be suspected as eventually causing trouble? Or should he be laughed at?

( not openly laughed at to his face!) (discretion is the best part of valour!)

Go to a public shooting range in America and it won't be long to find a scary looking fkr all dressed up in camo, with extra military paraphrenalia hanging off him, with a blackened face and shooting at human silouette targets with his AR-15.

Should he be suspected as eventually causing trouble? Or should he be laughed at?

If you aren't seeing a professional for your mental health.....you really, really need to find one ASAP.....

You and I obviously haven't been to the same ranges.

LOL!!!

I could show you photos of the people who use the range just outside the town I live in, but there are too many perverts on this board who could use the photos to learn where I live and we all know what happens when kkkeyboard kkkowards decide to doxx a real person.

Believe me, no one at my range or at the range about 25 miles from me, where I take instruction, looks anything like that desperate murdering lunatic in your fantasies. Once in a while a guy shows up in camo at the latter, but it's at a military based organization so there are a lot of Vets and active military hanging around.

But, yeah, Cunadian, your fantasies about American gun owners are really fucked up stupid and wrong, and we will continue to bitch slap you until you stop your arrogant bullshit.

Thanks for your thought provoking post.

Yes....yes they do, because nothing they believe about guns is evenly remotely true or based in facts....

Here is a fact check of some of the latest Democratic gun arguments.

“[We’ve had] more school shootings than days in the year so far in 2023.” — Sen. Chris Murphy (D-CT), CBS’s Face the Nation, April 2

This is a misleading claim from Murphy.

The Connecticut Democrat has long served as a voice for gun control advocacy due to the painful history of his home state, where a school shooter claimed the lives of more than two dozen people, most of them children under 7 years old, in 2012. Murphy was the congressman representing the district of the school at the time.

He appeared to cite statistics from the K-12 School Shooting Database, a data resource compiled by the Violence Project.

That database claims 95 shooting incidents have taken place at schools so far in the 93 days of this year.

But the claim is misleading because of just how broadly the group defines a shooting incident. The total includes any incident “when a gun is fired, brandished (pointed at a person with intent), or bullet hits school property, regardless of the number of victims, time, day, or reason,” according to the Violence Project.

That means, for example, that a gang-related shooting near a school during which a bullet strikes a sidewalk on a weekend, with no students present, would still count toward the total number of school shootings for the year.

Most people would provide a very different definition of a school shooting, and the type of shooting that occurred in Nashville is much rarer. According to the same dataset, only 105 school shooting incidents since the 1970s have involved “indiscriminate shooting.”

Democrats are not exactly known for ever getting anything right. They live in world of lies, hate, corruption and dishonesty.

You and I obviously haven't been to the same ranges.

LOL!!!

I could show you photos of the people who use the range just outside the town I live in, but there are too many perverts on this board who could use the photos to learn where I live and we all know what happens when kkkeyboard kkkowards decide to doxx a real person.

Believe me, no one at my range or at the range about 25 miles from me, where I take instruction, looks anything like that desperate murdering lunatic in your fantasies. Once in a while a guy shows up in camo at the latter, but it's at a military based organization so there are a lot of Vets and active military hanging around.

But, yeah, Cunadian, your fantasies about American gun owners are really fucked up stupid and wrong, and we will continue to bitch slap you until you stop your arrogant bullshit.

Thanks for your thought provoking post.

Thanks for your contribution to the topic.
Yes, there are many who dress up in camo with added accessories. Maybe you're not going to the right ranges.

Thanks for your contribution to the topic.
Yes, there are many who dress up in camo with added accessories. Maybe you're not going to the right ranges.

You can prove none of what you're claiming, so it's time to run along. The adults have better things to do.

You can prove none of what you're claiming, so it's time to run along. The adults have better things to do.

The position of being my 'personal' asshole on this forum is already filled. Your resume would be accepted on account of vacancies are likely to occur.

The position of being my 'personal' asshole on this forum is already filled. Your resume would be accepted on account of vacancies are likely to occur.

Ah. Proof that you murder those who disagree with you.

Thanks for having the courage to say it aloud. You have revealed a lot about your character.

I used to shoot at human silhouettes at a pistol range when I was practicing for self defense shooting. When I was target shooting I would use a round bullseye target. I don’t own any camouflage clothing. I am not a hunter nor a wannabe Army Ranger. I served my time in the Air Force during the Vietnam Era. My entire time in the service was spent in the contiguous USA.

One range I shot at would not allow civilians to shoot at silhouette targets. You had to use a 25 yard NRA bullseye target.

1680715580676.jpeg

I understand now there is some concern about using black silhouette targets.

1680715360278.png

Apparently it is more politically correct to use white silhouette targets.

I might be upset if I was a black guy at a range where some white guy was using this target. …

1680714857250.jpeg

I like these targets but they are not cheap.

1680714535521.png

But I also like Targets like this. …

1680715116877.jpeg

I used to shoot at human silhouettes at a pistol range when I was practicing for self defense shooting. When I was target shooting I would use a round bullseye target. I don’t own any camouflage clothing. I am not a hunter nor a wannabe Army Ranger. I served my time in the Air Force during the Vietnam Era. My entire time in the service was spent in the contiguous USA.
I commend you for growing out of the need for human silouette targets. The round conventional targets will always serve all purposes.
One range I shot at would not allow civilians to shoot at silhouette targets. You had to use a 25 yard NRA bullseye target.
A very valid point. The range authorities would have been cognizant of the low quality of shooters it would be attracting if it allowed the human likeness in targets. Even police officers would have no real need for them.
Are your numerous pictures meant to be an expression of your anger?

Is you mention of black human silouette targets over white ones an expression of racism?

I commend you for growing out of the need for human silouette targets. The round conventional targets will always serve all purposes.

A very valid point. The range authorities would have been cognizant of the low quality of shooters it would be attracting if it allowed the human likeness in targets. Even police officers would have no real need for them.

Is you mention of black human silouette targets over white ones an expression of racism?

Says the guy who has never owned or probably even touched a gun.

I have shot at a vaguely milk bottle shaped white target, a round bullseye target and a grid of one-inch squares. I shoot equally well with all three.

1680717484615.jpeg

View attachment 773466

I understand now there is some concern about using black silhouette targets.

View attachment 773465

Apparently it is more politically correct to use white silhouette targets.

I might be upset if I was a black guy at a range where some white guy was using this target. …

View attachment 773460

I like these targets but they are not cheap.

View attachment 773457

But I also like Targets like this. …

View attachment 773464
The round circular target isn't quite right for some reasons. The 10 ring especially, and the other rings aren't proportionally correct.

Shouldn't there be a 1 inch 10 ring that includes an x-ring? A tin can would sever more purpose than that one!

There is a real difference between defensive shooting and target shooting.

Target shooting (even “rapid fire”) is slow and precise. The chances of being attacked by a round circle are slim to none. No rush.

Defensive shooting is as rapid as you can shoot and stay on the target. In defensive shooting you will be shooting at a human so a silhouette target makes sense. I want to be certain that I don’t miss as I am responsible for every round I fire.

A black silhouette target is harder for me to practice with as I use a black front sight that doesn’t show up as well as it would on a white or blue target. On a bullseye target, I adjust my sights to be in the white at 6 o’clock just below the black bullseye. A black front sight works well if used like that. But perhaps it is best to make the practice for defensive shooting as hard as it can be. Bad guys often wear black clothing.

Racism has nothing to do with my defensive shooting. Bad guys are not just from one race.

I am not angry when I am shooting. It is a hobby I enjoy. I find it fun and relaxing. The reason I practice defensive shooting is that I legally carry concealed when I am out and about. I usually target shoot for most of a session at the range and finish up with practice on defensive shooting with my carry weapon.

It is best to have a good background in target shooting before you practice defensive shooting. You learn the basics while target shooting that you will use at a higher speed when defensive shooting.

Damn you're a cowardly lying pos.

There is a real difference between defensive shooting and target shooting.

Target shooting (even “rapid fire”) is slow and precise. The chances of being attacked by a round circle are slim to none. No rush.

Defensive shooting is as rapid as you can shoot and stay on the target. In defensive shooting you will be shooting at a human so a silhouette target makes sense. I want to be certain that I don’t miss as I am responsible for every round I fire.

A black silhouette target is harder for me to practice with as I use a black front sight that doesn’t show up as well as it would on a white or blue target. On a bullseye target, I adjust my sights to be in the white at 6 o’clock just below the black bullseye. A black front sight works well if used like that. But perhaps it is best to make the practice for defensive shooting as hard as it can be. Bad guys often wear black clothing.

Racism has nothing to do with my defensive shooting. Bad guys are not just from one race.

I am not angry when I am shooting. It is a hobby I enjoy. I find it fun and relaxing. The reason I practice defensive shooting is that I legally carry concealed when I am out and about. I usually target shoot for most of a session at the range and finish up with practice on defensive shooting with my carry weapon.

It is best to have a good background in target shooting before you practice defensive shooting. You learn the basics while target shooting that you will use at a higher speed when defensive shooting.
I use black silhouette targets because they remind me of black people who commit all the crime.

Forum List

Back