Now Florida...joins Ohio with lower gun crime rates after Constitutional carry passed by the state....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Again...for the dimwitted, irrational, anti-gun extremists.....in this post, I am not making the case that the gun murder rate was lowered by allowing normal people to carry their legal guns without jumping through hoops, red tape and legal landmines.......

I can make that case, but I am not doing that here....

I am pointing out that all the dimwitted, irrational, anti-gun extremists screeched over and over that allowing normal people to carry their legal guns without having to jump through hoops, red tape and legal landmines did not increase the gun murder rate....in Ohio, and now Florida....

In the wake of the passage of literally any law that benefits gun owners, we’re inundated with cries about how the law in question will make people less safe. There’s all kinds of rhetoric about turning our cities into the Old West or how there will be “blood in the streets.”

So that’s why it’s interesting to see that it didn’t just happen in Ohio.

Since the legalization of constitutional carry in July 2023, Florida’s biggest cities saw a significant decrease in violent crimes, including shootings. In Jacksonville, murders and homicides dropped 6 percent in 2023 from the previous year.

The real record-breaking reduction in homicides was recorded in Miami. In 2022, the municipality recorded 49 homicides. By 2023, that number was down to 31, the fewest number of killings ever recorded in the Magic City. Miami also reported a 34 percent drop, from 151 to 100, in non-fatal shootings and 124 fewer “non-contact” shootings than in 2022. The change mirrors a national trend in less violent crime in 2023.

Florida’s constitutional carry law may not be the sole reason for those numbers, but this is the exact opposite of what Democrats claimed would happen after the law passed. Indeed, it’s fair to suspect respecting citizens’ constitutional right to self-defense played a role in the crime decline. Good guys with guns can deter, prevent, and even stop crime. The legal use of firearms helps thwart an estimated 2.5 million crimes a year.

Again...for the dimwitted, irrational, anti-gun extremists.....in this post, I am not making the case that the gun murder rate was lowered by allowing normal people to carry their legal guns without jumping through hoops, red tape and legal landmines.......

I am pointing out that all the dimwitted, irrational, anti-gun extremists screeched over and over that allowing normal people to carry their legal guns without having to jump through hoops, red tape and legal landmines did not increase the gun murder rate....in Ohio, and now Florida....

In the wake of the passage of literally any law that benefits gun owners, we’re inundated with cries about how the law in question will make people less safe. There’s all kinds of rhetoric about turning our cities into the Old West or how there will be “blood in the streets.”

Since the legalization of constitutional carry in July 2023, Florida’s biggest cities saw a significant decrease in violent crimes, including shootings. In Jacksonville, murders and homicides dropped 6 percent in 2023 from the previous year.

The real record-breaking reduction in homicides was recorded in Miami. In 2022, the municipality recorded 49 homicides. By 2023, that number was down to 31, the fewest number of killings ever recorded in the Magic City. Miami also reported a 34 percent drop, from 151 to 100, in non-fatal shootings and 124 fewer “non-contact” shootings than in 2022. The change mirrors a national trend in less violent crime in 2023.

Florida’s constitutional carry law may not be the sole reason for those numbers, but this is the exact opposite of what Democrats claimed would happen after the law passed. Indeed, it’s fair to suspect respecting citizens’ constitutional right to self-defense played a role in the crime decline. Good guys with guns can deter, prevent, and even stop crime. The legal use of firearms helps thwart an estimated 2.5 million crimes a year.

Yep once the scumbags know that there's a 50/50 chance that they could be offed... They think twice about committing their crimes.

Are you sure that info isn't bullshit?
I heard gun issues are up 20% since the meatball has been in office.

It's as if America has found the answer to the problem of the slaughter with guns in one state, and that's going to be repeated in all the others.

Maybe it will work.

No rush to find out! We can all sit back and watch the statistics in America.

There's a good chance we will see results one way or the other by nightfall.

You "heard"?
"Gun issues"?
Can you be less specific?
Why should he be? The national news media is replete with statements like:

Experts say:
Study finds:
Bombshell report says:
Scholars agree:
Rumors confirmed:
Truth revealed:

And so on and so forth.
Who the hell needs to be precise about anything anymore?

Why should he be? The national news media is replete with statements like:

Experts say:
Study finds:
Bombshell report says:
Scholars agree:
Rumors confirmed:
Truth revealed:

And so on and so forth.
Who the hell needs to be precise about anything anymore?
And then there's "gun violence" -- funny how you never hear about "knife violence" or "blunt object violence".
Oh, and "gun mortality" - leaving out the fact that 60% of the people who die from gunfire choose to do so.

Just another example of how the (D)ishonest prey on the emotions of the ignorant.

The real fear that the statist left harbor about an armed citizenry is the loss of power & control over an armed citizenry.

Forum List

Back