Facing the Truth

The OP is correct. Indigenous Americans were not taken from their homes. On top of that they owned black slaves. Every one of those groups you mention had it tough, but everything is not the same as what blacks endured.
Indians were taken from their homes by other tribes and sold into slavery. Just like the tribes in Africa did.
Women endured what blacks endured and worse. We were property also. No one fought a war to free us. We fought for ourselves...

Indians were taken from their homes by other tribes and sold into slavery. Just like the tribes in Africa did.
Women endured what blacks endured and worse. We were property also. No one fought a war to free us. We fought for ourselves...
And blacks had black slaves but the black posters want you to believe they were treated like family.

So here’s the question: why NOW? Nothing‘s gotten worse for blacks over the last few decades, and in fact have gotten better. Yet all of a sudden, white supremacy and racism is being made to be the major crisis of the country. So again, I ask: why now?
I believe it is a major crisis in this country. White supremacists believe that this country is theirs and nobody else's.

I believe that right wing media, i.e. Fox, in espousing The Great Replacement Theory has many whites fearing that blacks and other minorities are about to take over the country. Therefore they have been pushing their propaganda more than ever before. They believe things have not gotten better for them but have gotten better for blacks. That is why they push the white supremacy stuff. They are saying out loud what has been hiding for many years and was spoken in dog whistles. They are bolder now and stirring things up.

Here is some of an article from the ADL: (You may not like the ADL, but stats are stats.)

“ADL’s Center on Extremism (COE) tracked a near-doubling of white supremacist propaganda efforts in 2020, which included the distribution of racist, antisemitic and anti-LGBTQ fliers, stickers, banners and posters. The 2020 data shows a huge increase of incidents from the previous year, with a total of 5,125 cases reported (averaging more than 14 incidents per day), compared to 2,724 in 2019. This is the highest number of white supremacist propaganda incidents ADL has ever recorded. The number of propaganda incidents on college campuses dropped by more than half, perhaps due to COVID restrictions.

Propaganda gives white supremacists the ability to maximize media and online attention, while limiting the risk of individual exposure, negative media coverage, arrests and public backlash that often accompanies more public events. The barrage of propaganda, which overwhelmingly features veiled white supremacist language with a patriotic slant, is an effort to normalize white supremacists’ message and bolster recruitment efforts while targeting minority groups including Jews, Blacks, Muslims, non-white immigrants, and the LGBTQ community.

The 2020 propaganda appeared in every state except Hawaii, with the highest levels of activity in Texas, Washington, California, New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts, Virginia and Pennsylvania.

The Perpetrators: Throughout 2020, at least thirty white supremacist groups distributed propaganda, but three groups—Patriot Front, New Jersey European Heritage Association and Nationalist Social Club—were responsible for 92 percent of the activity.”

• Love
Reactions: IM2
Interesting. From what time point do you feel responsible for happenings in the US?
We're not responsible for anything we didn't do ourselves or enable with our votes.

When will people like yourselves quit blaming people who have been dead for fifty, a hundred, a hundred and fifty years for your failures?

It takes but one generation to lift a family out of poverty, anyone who hasn't done so in the last sixty years has nobody to blame but themselves and their parents/grand parents.

I believe it is a major crisis in this country. White supremacists believe that this country is theirs and nobody else's.

I believe that right wing media, i.e. Fox, in espousing The Great Replacement Theory has many whites fearing that blacks and other minorities are about to take over the country. Therefore they have been pushing their propaganda more than ever before. They believe things have not gotten better for them but have gotten better for blacks. That is why they push the white supremacy stuff. They are saying out loud what has been hiding for many years and was spoken in dog whistles. They are bolder now and stirring things up.

Here is some of an article from the ADL: (You may not like the ADL, but stats are stats.)

“ADL’s Center on Extremism (COE) tracked a near-doubling of white supremacist propaganda efforts in 2020, which included the distribution of racist, antisemitic and anti-LGBTQ fliers, stickers, banners and posters. The 2020 data shows a huge increase of incidents from the previous year, with a total of 5,125 cases reported (averaging more than 14 incidents per day), compared to 2,724 in 2019. This is the highest number of white supremacist propaganda incidents ADL has ever recorded. The number of propaganda incidents on college campuses dropped by more than half, perhaps due to COVID restrictions.

Propaganda gives white supremacists the ability to maximize media and online attention, while limiting the risk of individual exposure, negative media coverage, arrests and public backlash that often accompanies more public events. The barrage of propaganda, which overwhelmingly features veiled white supremacist language with a patriotic slant, is an effort to normalize white supremacists’ message and bolster recruitment efforts while targeting minority groups including Jews, Blacks, Muslims, non-white immigrants, and the LGBTQ community.

The 2020 propaganda appeared in every state except Hawaii, with the highest levels of activity in Texas, Washington, California, New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts, Virginia and Pennsylvania.

The Perpetrators: Throughout 2020, at least thirty white supremacist groups distributed propaganda, but three groups—Patriot Front, New Jersey European Heritage Association and Nationalist Social Club—were responsible for 92 percent of the activity.”
Maybe democrats should quit bragging that we're going to be replaced due to the explosion in Hispanic and Latino's in the US?

So California released a study on reparations. And while we have seen the expected moaning and groaning from the usuals, how about we look at the study?

California’s unprecedented reparations report details 150 years of anti-Black harm

A new report from California’s first-in-the-country reparations task force details how slavery touched nearly every aspect of Black life in America, producing “innumerable harms” that are still felt today.

The report, which will be released Wednesday, offers a comprehensive look at the impacts of enslavement and generations of discrimination on Black Californians and Black Americans more broadly. It finds that the damage to Black communities is extensive and that a variety of intentionally crafted policy, judicial decisions and racism by private actors has created a widespread exclusion of Black people that has not been sufficiently addressed at any level of government.

“Almost 150 years of active, conscious federal, state, and local government action and neglect of duty have resulted in compounded harms that are unique to Black Americans,”

These things have been said here by blacks in this forum. Now you guys can squawk all you want, but it's time to face the truth. Slavery didn't end anything and reparations are being paid to people who have not suffered. Whether you owned slaves or not, you have benefitted from things blacks have been denied. The damage was caused by government policy and the government at every level has done nothing to fix the damage. There was no 40 trillion, there has not been government giving blacks ANYTHING for 60 years. NO OTHER GROUP has been made to endure what blacks have. That's not whining, it is FACT.

Despite this blacks have survived. There is no black victimhood and a subculture of people so weak that they storm the nation's capital over some stuff that was made up because one of them lost an election and could not be president anymore is the epitome of a victim mentality. So man up, because this is the start. The reckoning for America and its relationship with 40 plus million black citizens has come.
Perhaps blacks from all over the nation will move to California in hopes of getting reparations.

Since this is part of a PM sent to me which didn't allow replies... .

White racism continues now. So this is not about blaming dead people. It takes one generation if you don't face white racism. As you have never faced it, you think it's something easy to beat.

I see far more anti white racism today than I ever say aimed at blacks growing up in the sixties and seventies and since.

As long as people segregate themselves by color, racism will always exist.

Blacks however can achieve anything today in the US that whites, or those of every other race can achieve.

The only thing holding people like yourself down is yourselves.

I see far more anti white racism today than I ever say aimed at blacks growing up in the sixties and seventies and since.

Blacks however can achieve anything today in the US that whites, or those of every other race can achieve.

Get real. I don't approve of IM's nonsense a lot of the time, but racism is alive and well.

It's not just the people who blurt out the N-word when they think they are with other white people (I got to see a lot of that this weekend).

It's the White HR manager who hires another white person because that person reminds them of themselves.

So yes, in my life, I was passed up for one job because they hired a less qualified black female applicant and someone was trying to fill a quota. On the other hand, I've gotten two jobs because the person doing the hiring was a fellow veteran, one job because a person I had mentored earlier in her career put in a good word for me, and one job where the boss really liked me because I was a Star Trek fan.

Get real. I don't approve of IM's nonsense a lot of the time, but racism is alive and well.

It's not just the people who blurt out the N-word when they think they are with other white people (I got to see a lot of that this weekend).

It's the White HR manager who hires another white person because that person reminds them of themselves.

So yes, in my life, I was passed up for one job because they hired a less qualified black female applicant and someone was trying to fill a quota. On the other hand, I've gotten two jobs because the person doing the hiring was a fellow veteran, one job because a person I had mentored earlier in her career put in a good word for me, and one job where the boss really liked me because I was a Star Trek fan.
What does that have to do with anything I stated in my post?

Racism will never die as long as people segregate by race.

There's far less racism on the part of whites today however than is targeted towards whites.

What does that have to do with anything I stated in my post?

Racism will never die as long as people segregate by race.

There's far less racism on the part of whites today however than is targeted towards whites.

Bullshit.
Blacks get prison, whites get probation
Blacks get prison, whites get rehab
Blacks get a ticket and their car searched, white people get a warning

If you are white, you are more likely to get the job, the house loan, etc.

They did a survey a while back, where they sent out resumes with identical education and experience, the only difference is half of them had white names like "Greg" and "Emily", and half of them had black names like "Jamal" and "Lakeisha".

The resumes with the white names were 50% more likely to get a call back.

Bullshit.
Blacks get prison, whites get probation
Blacks get prison, whites get rehab
Blacks get a ticket and their car searched, white people get a warning

If you are white, you are more likely to get the job, the house loan, etc.

They did a survey a while back, where they sent out resumes with identical education and experience, the only difference is half of them had white names like "Greg" and "Emily", and half of them had black names like "Jamal" and "Lakeisha".

The resumes with the white names were 50% more likely to get a call back.
What a load of crap top to bottom.

Our prison population is almost half white and millions of whites get tickets every month.

The sentencing guidelines are the same regardless of race.

What a load of crap top to bottom.

Our prison population is almost half white and millions of whites get tickets every month.

The sentencing guidelines are the same regardless of race.

Almost half white? You do realize whites are 70% of the population, right? You've kind of proved my point.

1654509294903.png

Almost half white? You do realize whites are 70% of the population, right? You've kind of proved my point.

View attachment 654499
Only if you include Hispanics. If we combine Hispanics and whites then you get over 60% of the prison population.

Blacks, whites, and Hispanics find themselves in prison almost with the exact same rate as you find them committing crimes.

Now we could also delve into such things as race vs the types of crimes being committed, repeat offenses etc if you like but you won't like those numbers any better.

Only if you include Hispanics. If we combine Hispanics and whites then you get over 60% of the prison population.

Blacks, whites, and Hispanics find themselves in prison almost with the exact same rate as you find them committing crimes.

Now we could also delve into such things as race vs the types of crimes being committed, repeat offenses etc if you like but you won't like those numbers any better.

You miss my point. Whites aren't charged with crimes for minor offenses, they get probation, they get parole, they get warnings.

Since this is part of a PM sent to me which didn't allow replies... .

Yes. And on another thread I’ve told how my dad, born to impoverished and uneducated immigrant parents, was able to to move from poverty to the middle class in a single generation by studying hard, getting a free college education, working hard, being disciplined and motivated, and NOT having babies out of wedlock and dropping out of school.

And before anyone says that my dad didn’t face racism, he did this DURING the times of Nazi Germany, while his European family was killed and his mother cried every night, and the U.S. turned away the St. Louis because they didn’t want any more Jews here. He KNEW how much antisemitism there was but still managed to escape poverty.

I am SO tired of racist blacks demanding that whites who had nothing to do with it pay them reparations because ancestors they never even knew were slaves.

Whooo-boy, this again.

Yes. And on another thread I’ve told how my dad, born to impoverished and uneducated immigrant parents, was able to to move from poverty to the middle class in a single generation by studying hard, getting a free college education, working hard, being disciplined and motivated, and NOT having babies out of wedlock and dropping out of school.

Your dad was white... there weren't laws in this country keeping him down.

And before anyone says that my dad didn’t face racism, he did this DURING the times of Nazi Germany, while his European family was killed and his mother cried every night, and the U.S. turned away the St. Louis because they didn’t want any more Jews here. He KNEW how much antisemitism there was but still managed to escape poverty.

Except he wasn't in Nazi Germany or anywhere else in Europe. He wasn't on the St. Louis, where most of those people were resettled in the United Kingdom.

I am SO tired of racist blacks demanding that whites who had nothing to do with it pay them reparations because ancestors they never even knew were slaves.

Except the fun times didn't end with slavery.

If you really want to make a comparison, the whole world felt really, really bad about the Holocaust and gave away a whole chunk of land for the Jews to have their own country. (Just don't pay any attention to the people who are already there.) So Jews actually GOT reparations for World War II. And it wasn't even the Germans who had to pay it. Americans are still giving the Zionist Entity 3 billion of our hard earned tax dollars every year, and half our bloated defense budget is spent playing hall monitor in the Middle East. So we can argue you people DID get reparations.

Whooo-boy, this again.

Your dad was white... there weren't laws in this country keeping him down.

Except he wasn't in Nazi Germany or anywhere else in Europe. He wasn't on the St. Louis, where most of those people were resettled in the United Kingdom.

Except the fun times didn't end with slavery.

If you really want to make a comparison, the whole world felt really, really bad about the Holocaust and gave away a whole chunk of land for the Jews to have their own country. (Just don't pay any attention to the people who are already there.) So Jews actually GOT reparations for World War II. And it wasn't even the Germans who had to pay it. Americans are still giving the Zionist Entity 3 billion of our hard earned tax dollars every year, and half our bloated defense budget is spent playing hall monitor in the Middle East. So we can argue you people DID get reparations.
What laws prevent blacks from getting out of poverty exist today or even in the last fifty years?

What laws prevent blacks from getting out of poverty exist today or even in the last fifty years?
In fact, it’s just the opposite! Blacks today are given a leg up over whites. Work in higher education admissions for ONE WEEK, and listen to the leftists figure out ways to justify admitting blacks with a 3.2 and rejecting whites with a 3.7.

In fact, it’s just the opposite! Blacks today are given a leg up over whites. Work in higher education admissions for ONE WEEK, and listen to the leftists figure out ways to justify admitting blacks with a 3.2 and rejecting whites with a 3.7.
I don't have to. Even when I was going to college in the 90's I saw all the scholarships and grants available to blacks that nobody else could even qualify for.

I don't have to. Even when I was going to college in the 90's I saw all the scholarships and grants available to blacks that nobody else could even qualify for.
It’s gotten much worse, believe me. Now they sit around figuring out how to devise questions on admissions tests with the express purpose of having blacks score almost as high as whites or Asians. Harvard instituted a personality test, in which they subjectively scored Asians low on “likeability” and blacks high. It’s really disgusting how racist these higher Ed places are.

Forum List

Back