Your Worst Nightmare
Gold Supporting Member
- Oct 22, 2014
- Reaction score
- O.D. (Stands for Out Dere
The Baltic States are there to slow the Russians down. Nato isn't strong enough by itself to defeat the Russians if the Russians are serious enough. But again, Nato just slows them down a bit more to almost a crawl. It buys the US and other nations time to get their heavy forces into action. And the other Nations ARE strong enough to defeat Russia and drive them all the way back to Moscow. I don't mean invade Russia. Can't be done. But make it hurt and hurt bad enough where it happen for another 20 years. And put Putin if a Hague court for trial along with his other protagonists. Even Russia can't defeat the world.Ok. Lets play another game. Defender-2020, one of scenarios. Russia invades Baltic states, NATO needs to crush Kaliningrad's special defence region to open the way to defend them.Well when challenged on this notion he quickly started adding more qualifiers with every post to support his scenario so I fully expect by page 10 of this thread he'll have a requirement that it's British F-35Bs with operating in a vacuum with no other assets, using unguided weapons, shitty pilots, EOTS laser designator smashed with a hammer before takeoff, and I'm guessing maybe they'll be forced to fly with their luneberg reflectors attached.Send tanks against AAD? What comic book did you find those tactics in?
Russian forces in Kaliningrad's region:
- 5 S-400 regiments + 1 S-300V4 regiment - roughly 150 launchers (4 missiles each), with L-band radars, passive sensors, may be lidars and hell knows what else, covered with a number of short range systems, ECM, GPS-jammers, false targets and so on...
- one regiment of Su-27SM3, one regiment of Su-30SM and Su-24S;
- few hundred tanks, 40 of them - T-72B3;
- Iskander-M, Iskander-K, Calibers, with nuclear warheads.
- some ships of Baltic fleet.
What can Europeans (without the American help) do against Kaliningrad region?
I see two main options:
1) to knee and gobble (if we are talking about frontal air attack against well prepared IADS);
2) "Zerg rush" with big masses of land forces (for example, Poland have near 900 tanks) and tactical nukes.
Yes. Something to discover their location and something to protect them from the Scottish militants and the green men's Tunguskas. And don't forget, that PHA has only 21 of them (with 85 miles range), and S-400 can work against ground targets, too.If I had was forced to use ground assets to take out IADS tanks would still be far down on my list of choices. Give me MLRS any day, they are meant for shredding soft targets from hundreds of miles away all you'd need is something to discover their location.
Your stupid way of think doesn't take in enough factors nor the resolve of the Human Factor.