Exposing Another Conservative Lie

This board is filled with threads from conservatives about guns. They claim that having more guns makes people more safe. That "gun free zones" or places with proper regulation of guns are more dangerous and have more people hurt by guns.

Here's a list of the 10 states with the most gun violence. While the conservatives lie the facts speak for themselves.

Notice all but one state is a red state. New Mexico is a purple state. I don't know what the gun laws are in New Mexico but we all know that red states have loosened their laws on guns which has put more guns in the hands of people who shouldn't have them.

10 States With the Most Gun Violence - 24/7 Wall St.
more than half the gunshot murders in the USA are committed by blacks. almost always black males. 6% of the population commits more than HALF the murders. and guess what is the voting patterns of black males? 95% for Obama.

conclusion-the group most likely to commit murders with firearms is also the group most likely to have voted for OBAMA

I agree.

Texasss beats up on little kids for daring to have fun at a pool party and the racist cockroaches who ganged up on those kids are probably planning a little 2nd amendment payback for having been caught in the mess of their own making.

well hello Luddly-haven't seen you since you got banned for sock puppetry on the other forum you polluted with your anti gun drivel. Its funny but fruitcakes like you whine about cops and yet want a society where the only people who can legally own guns are cops

Nope, people with guns dont' kill people.
I've had guns since I was 12, and never killed anyone.

The majority of my family, and most of my ancestors, have owned guns, and not one of them have killed anyone, except in a time of war.

300+ million guns in the country, and the large majority of them have never killed anyone.

150+ million gun owners, ( yes, it's a guess. I've read the number is between 100 million and 200 million), and the majority have never killed anyone.

But, keep giving up bumper sticker logic.

If the bed wetting gun haters really believed gun owners were as bad and dangerous as they said, they wouldn't spend so much time insulting gun owners since they would be terrified that the gun owners would go postal. Since they know gun owners are not unhinged killers, they feel safe to insult us

From the OP link...

Educational attainment rates also tended to be lower in states with the most gun violence.

Says volumes, doesn't it?

yet legal gun owners tend to be better educated and wealthier than non legal gun owners. if you are a serious shooter (as I am) that is expensive. Its a sport for those who are well to do

This board is filled with threads from conservatives about guns. They claim that having more guns makes people more safe. That "gun free zones" or places with proper regulation of guns are more dangerous and have more people hurt by guns.

Here's a list of the 10 states with the most gun violence. While the conservatives lie the facts speak for themselves.

Notice all but one state is a red state. New Mexico is a purple state. I don't know what the gun laws are in New Mexico but we all know that red states have loosened their laws on guns which has put more guns in the hands of people who shouldn't have them.

they get upset when you point out that most mass shootings are committed by white christian men with legal guns.

Like Lanza who killed his mother to get her registered guns
or Klebold and Harris who had someone engage in a felony straw purchase?
or the killer at VT-oh wait he was Asian
or the DC sniper-nope he was black

we don't get upset with you morons because know crime control has nothing to do with your rants

these Lebanese terrorist sympathizers went in and bought thousands of rounds of ammo without question the next week same thing and every week after that the only thing that got them caught was the owner of the gun store saw them texting in Arabic so he called the FBI. even then nothing was done and the owner of the gun store continue to sell to the Lebanese people. it turned out they were shipping the weapons to Lebanon terrorists. amazing you can buy thousands of rounds of ammo without question

are you kidding? Rick Snyder government governor of Michigan Republican has cut police funding in Detroit and so crime has gone up because of it. maybe we should arm all of the black people in Detroit?

Culture differences.....for example when the gun was introduced in Japan, the warrior class rejected them in favor of the sword....they were even more violent then than we were, since they were still in their fuedal period...but they clung to their shintoism and their swords...over guns.....

Samurai also had the habit of hacking commoners to death for the hell of it and if you owned a sword they killed you as fast as they could

do you know how the Okinawan martial arts weapons were derived? because the Japanese overlords banned swords and spears and pikes and battle axes

the tonfa is a rice grinder, the Sai a hoe for planting rice, the Kama was the sickle for harvesting rice, the BO the staff farmers used to carry pails and the Nunchaku was a flail for separating rice from the hulls. farm tools turned into somewhat effective weapons

are you kidding? Rick Snyder government governor of Michigan Republican has cut police funding in Detroit and so crime has gone up because of it. maybe we should arm all of the black people in Detroit?

Really?

"Funding for state police will be cut by $23.3 million under the executive order. About $16 million of that money would be pulled from a disaster assistance program that the administration says has seen fewer claims than anticipated.

Corrections spending will be cut by $17.8 million, with reduced funding for an electronic monitoring center and several individual prisons. Funding for the Department of Community Health will be reduced by $16.55 million, including reduced graduate medical education payments to Michigan hospitals."

About $8 million for the fiscal year from police .

Not good news, but hardly going to cause the increase of crime you're talking about.

And, if the shortfall is taken care of, the money will be back in the next budget.

[

Detroit is the epitome of a Democrat run cesspool with all sorts of violent crimes

Really?

"Funding for state police will be cut by $23.3 million under the executive order. About $16 million of that money would be pulled from a disaster assistance program that the administration says has seen fewer claims than anticipated.

Corrections spending will be cut by $17.8 million, with reduced funding for an electronic monitoring center and several individual prisons. Funding for the Department of Community Health will be reduced by $16.55 million, including reduced graduate medical education payments to Michigan hospitals."

About $8 million for the fiscal year from police .

Not good news, but hardly going to cause the increase of crime you're talking about.

And, if the shortfall is taken care of, the money will be back in the next budget.
basically you're saying to make an omelet you have to break a few eggs

To remove a shortfall, you have to cut a few extras.

And the police dept wasn't the only area seeing cuts.

[

Detroit is the epitome of a Democrat run cesspool with all sorts of violent crimes
I don't think so. I think Detroit is Michigan's embarrassment and Michigan's fault and let's not kid ourselves Michigan is run by white people. American ghettos are America's embarrassment around the world. we say we're great and other countries point to our ghettos and say your not so great. but the Conservatives love the cheap labor

these Lebanese terrorist sympathizers went in and bought thousands of rounds of ammo without question the next week same thing and every week after that the only thing that got them caught was the owner of the gun store saw them texting in Arabic so he called the FBI. even then nothing was done and the owner of the gun store continue to sell to the Lebanese people. it turned out they were shipping the weapons to Lebanon terrorists. amazing you can buy thousands of rounds of ammo without question
Not just that... you can buy thousands of rounds on line and have UPS deliver it. No questions.
Freedom is a beautiful thing.

are you kidding? Rick Snyder government governor of Michigan Republican has cut police funding in Detroit....
Becaise the population is falling like a rock, and the city government is run by imbeciles.
maybe we should arm all of the black people in Detroit?
Detroit's chief of police believes that armed law-abiding citizens is a good thing.
Detroit police chief James Craig says more citizens should be armed Fox News
Detroit police chief says armed citizens are curbing crime - Washington Times
Detroit Police Chief Armed Citizens Fighting Off Crime

IIRC Chief Craig was the Cincinnati Police Chief. I thought he was doing a pretty good job here. There was controversy over him not taking some exam for LEOs but that never bothered me much.

Forum List

Back