Zone1 Explain This

Bullshit.
White people take care of their business when owning a vehicle.
They keep inspection stickers current,always have insurance,dont drive around with broken tail lights,and they most certainly dont drive around smoking weed knowing they have an infraction on their vehicle.
If you are dumb enough to believe all that, you are too far gone for me to help you. Believe what your MAGA cult tells you.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Sorry you "election denier" shaming scam is falling apart.
When do you think I denied any election? I acknowledged that trump won the election, and served his term. I just said there will forever be an asterisk by his name.

Well thats weird.
All of the White people I know take care of their business.

1668733868625.png

View attachment 727510

Are these numbers based on percentages or total numbers?
It's obvious why mexicans would lead and whites would be next.
But of course that doesnt fit your narrative.

In discussing race in this forum we see all kinds of stereotyped factless comments coming primarily from the right. The common claim is that if blacks got motivated, educated, and worked hard we can succeed because white racism isn't the problem. Here we see an example of blacks doing everything that right wingers say blacks should do and still racism limited their opportunities.

I pushed my kids to succeed academically to escape racism. But it doesn't work that way

Moms everywhere are suffering from burnout. But Black mom burnout is different. As a Black mother to two teenage sons and a toddler daughter, I find myself wondering: Will my children be perceived as a threat and cut down in their prime because of their race? Will they miss out because they’re invisible to whoever is passing out the opportunities? Do they have to be perceived as perfect to get any chance to seize their dreams?

Many people of color often turn to the one tool we have in our own shed — the instinct to try to outwork any negative perceptions of us, to tackle the questions that haunt us like the spirits of our ancestors. We’re taught to overwork to prove ourselves beyond the reach of racism and to render racist stereotypes unbelievable or even laughable.

But is this tendency to overwork — and our tendency to encourage our children to do the same — an attempt to outrun systemic issues beyond our control?

Growing up in Tennessee, I was taught working hard was the key to everything — happiness, upward mobility and rising above racism in the South. And while I consider my work ethic one of my greatest gifts, it seems the neat equation of “racism + hard work = less discrimination” doesn’t always add up.

“Work twice as hard to get half as much” was the mantra many of us were raised on, but it is considered by most Black moms today to be played-out advice from our parents’ generation. Despite that, racism and its effects haven’t expired, and in many ways, they’ve been given new life in this era.

Op-Ed: I pushed my kids to succeed academically to escape racism. But it doesn't work that way

The problem with those who call themselves in opposition is the fact that they believe things that do not apply to the way blacks are raised. Perhaps if you are white and don't put in the effort, you will not not suceed. Perhaps if you are white and don't focus on education you will fail. But when we as blacks try talking to you about this you need to stop pretending that white racism is not a hurdle. Whites do not face this:

“I can say for sure that happens because I did it. Before retirement, I was an Engineer. For the last 20 years of my career, I was a Manager and Director and I hired hundreds of people. I reviewed well over a thousand resumes for all kinds of positions. Everything from Secretaries to Engineering Managers. Both Salary and Hourly. I always culled out the resumes with Black Ethnic names. Never shortlisted anybody with a Black Ethnic name. Never hired them.” Since the Fortune 50 company I worked for had a stupid “affirmative action” hiring policies I never mentioned it to anybody and I always got away with it. A couple of times I was instructed to improve my departmental “diversity” demographics but I always ignored it and never got into any trouble. My stereotype is that anybody with a stupid ghetto Black ethnic name is probably worthless. I could have been wrong a couple of times but I was also probably right 99% of the time. Glad I did it. I would do it again.”

So explain why blacks can do everything you guys claim we need to do and still face racism. This thread is not about your ignorant factless opinions about blacks, black crime, Asians or everything else you guys do to avoid discussing the impact of white racism. So any and all off topic posts will be reported from the start. So you have two choices, explain why blacks do everything you guys say we need to do but still face white racism, or don't post in this thread.
A couple of things.
The article you post is an opinion. It by no means nor presents actual facts. It is one's own opinion.
I read the entire article. Summary: She worked hard because she felt she needed to to over come racism. Yet, no where in her opinion did she express racism or point to racism or give any examples of racism. The only part of her opinion that directly speaks to it is this:
“Work twice as hard to get half as much” was the mantra many of us were raised on, but it is considered by most Black moms today to be played-out advice from our parents’ generation. Despite that, racism and its effects haven’t expired, and in many ways, they’ve been given new life in this era.
But to what degree do we still need to perform and calculate our role within these racist structures, and prepare our children to compete on a playing field that is by no means level?

She says the playing field is in no way level. But gives not examples of an un-even playing field. When in fact today, AA gives more leverage to Blacks than whites. Businesses that have federal contracts must have an employee population that somewhat equal to the racial demographics in the area. That influences and pressures HR managers to make decisions on color of skin rather than their own qualifications.

One has to do a little research and find that this woman is very successful. She seems to have created a brand for herself. Personal Brand Strategy PR Ghostwriter and Executive Coach
She is well spoken and well read.
On her own Facebook page (and you can google her and easily find it she speaks to the article). There she says this.

So…my op-ed on burnout culture trickling down to the kids made the opinion page of the @latimes Sunday paper today!!!!
What?!?!?
As we continue to rethink our relationships to work, rest, and grind culture, I’ve had to rethink my fundamental parenting beliefs.
How important is “developing a strong work ethic” for my kids? In the past I would have said it was THE MOST important thing I wanted to pass down.
Today? I’m honestly not so sure. I want my kids to make good grades, be well-rounded, and eventually be successful adults of course.
But I’m not willing to push them to the brink of burnout, and I’m being more mindful about the programming and habits I encourage them to internalize and develop now. Today’s students are tomorrow’s leaders, and nothing is worth their mental health, physical health, and happiness.

No mention of racism and the purpose of the article, even though she poorly pulls in racism into her opinion.

Her own son, at 9, wrote and got his first book published. She had a hand in that. That's great. Where is the racism in any of this.

She seems like a solid woman who has worked hard, achieved, is teaching and coaching her kids. Good for her. But shame on her for pulling out the race card in an article that hardly supports racism at all, in any way. Again, this goes to my other point I have made. If we want to end racism, we have to stop trying to find it under every rock and behind every bush.

And the paragraph from the person that said they filtered out black applicants. That has nothing to do with the article. Isn't cited. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, because I"m sure it does. But it doesn't support or validate your argument or the opinion you posted.

African American need more woman like Amanda, and less woman like this woman in this video.

A couple of things.
The article you post is an opinion. It by no means nor presents actual facts. It is one's own opinion.
I read the entire article. Summary: She worked hard because she felt she needed to to over come racism. Yet, no where in her opinion did she express racism or point to racism or give any examples of racism. The only part of her opinion that directly speaks to it is this:
But to what degree do we still need to perform and calculate our role within these racist structures, and prepare our children to compete on a playing field that is by no means level?

She says the playing field is in no way level. But gives not examples of an un-even playing field. When in fact today, AA gives more leverage to Blacks than whites. Businesses that have federal contracts must have an employee population that somewhat equal to the racial demographics in the area. That influences and pressures HR managers to make decisions on color of skin rather than their own qualifications.

One has to do a little research and find that this woman is very successful. She seems to have created a brand for herself. Personal Brand Strategy PR Ghostwriter and Executive Coach
She is well spoken and well read.
On her own Facebook page (and you can google her and easily find it she speaks to the article). There she says this.

So…my op-ed on burnout culture trickling down to the kids made the opinion page of the @latimes Sunday paper today!!!!
What?!?!?
As we continue to rethink our relationships to work, rest, and grind culture, I’ve had to rethink my fundamental parenting beliefs.
How important is “developing a strong work ethic” for my kids? In the past I would have said it was THE MOST important thing I wanted to pass down.
Today? I’m honestly not so sure. I want my kids to make good grades, be well-rounded, and eventually be successful adults of course.
But I’m not willing to push them to the brink of burnout, and I’m being more mindful about the programming and habits I encourage them to internalize and develop now. Today’s students are tomorrow’s leaders, and nothing is worth their mental health, physical health, and happiness.

No mention of racism and the purpose of the article, even though she poorly pulls in racism into her opinion.

Her own son, at 9, wrote and got his first book published. She had a hand in that. That's great. Where is the racism in any of this.

She seems like a solid woman who has worked hard, achieved, is teaching and coaching her kids. Good for her. But shame on her for pulling out the race card in an article that hardly supports racism at all, in any way. Again, this goes to my other point I have made. If we want to end racism, we have to stop trying to find it under every rock and behind every bush.

And the paragraph from the person that said they filtered out black applicants. That has nothing to do with the article. Isn't cited. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, because I"m sure it does. But it doesn't support or validate your argument or the opinion you posted.

African American need more woman like Amanda, and less woman like this woman in this video.

You are lying. She did mention racism.

Op-Ed: I pushed my kids to succeed academically to escape racism. But it doesn't work that way​

And this supports my argument.
“I can say for sure that happens because I did it. Before retirement, I was an Engineer. For the last 20 years of my career, I was a Manager and Director and I hired hundreds of people. I reviewed well over a thousand resumes for all kinds of positions. Everything from Secretaries to Engineering Managers. Both Salary and Hourly. I always culled out the resumes with Black Ethnic names. Never shortlisted anybody with a Black Ethnic name. Never hired them.” Since the Fortune 50 company I worked for had a stupid “affirmative action” hiring policies I never mentioned it to anybody and I always got away with it. A couple of times I was instructed to improve my departmental “diversity” demographics but I always ignored it and never got into any trouble. My stereotype is that anybody with a stupid ghetto Black ethnic name is probably worthless. I could have been wrong a couple of times but I was also probably right 99% of the time. Glad I did it. I would do it again.”

This is a statement from a man responsible for interviewing and hiring. He rejected black sounding names on sight. He didn't give a damn about their education, their GPA or anything else. Blacks who worked hard, did everything you guys say we should do and still got denied because of racism. And don't even try pretending he's the only one who has done this. Millions of whites in this position are doing the same thing. The evidence shows up in the unemployment numbers whereby regardless of the times we live(d) in, black unemployment is double that of whites. This is not happening because everybody black is not qualified.

Now nobody asked for your opinion on what black people need. The one thing we do not need is advice from those who are the cause of our problems. You were asked to explain how blacks can do everything you guys say we can do and still face racism. Because despite the ignorant things people like you believe about us, there are millions of blacks with this same experience. We don't need more of anyone, we have them already. What needs to happen is whites need to work harder to reduce the racists among them to irrelevance. No more racists running for elected office. WHITES need to boycott the businesses of their racist friends. WHITES need to be more stringent in publically calling out and shaming the racists in their community. If the Gosars can publicly condemn and disown their own brother for racism, other whites can do the same

THAT, is what we need more of.

Op-Ed: I pushed my kids to succeed academically to escape racism. But it doesn't work that way​

This is a statement from a man responsible for interviewing and hiring. He rejected black sounding names on sight. He didn't give a damn about their education, their GPA or anything else. Blacks who worked hard, did everything you guys say we should do and still got denied because of racism. And don't even try pretending he's the only one who has done this. Millions of whites in this position are doing the same thing. The evidence shows up in the unemployment numbers whereby regardless of the times we live(d) in, black unemployment is double that of whites. This is not happening because everybody black is not qualified.

Now nobody asked for your opinion on what black people need. The one thing we do not need is advice from those who are the cause of our problems. You were asked to explain how blacks can do everything you guys say we can do and still face racism. Because despite the ignorant things people like you believe about us, there are millions of blacks with this same experience. We don't need more of anyone, we have them already. What needs to happen is whites need to work harder to reduce the racists among them to irrelevance. No more racists running for elected office. WHITES need to boycott the businesses of their racist friends. WHITES need to be more stringent in publically calling out and shaming the racists in their community. If the Gosars can publicly condemn and disown their own brother for racism, other whites can do the same

You are a jerk because you keep pulling out THIS ONE person's crap. HE is not only violating his own company's procedures, but the law as well. For this ONE individual, there are hundreds of thousands who don't give non-blacks preference over Blacks. This individual is opening his company up for civil suits AND legal consequences. Stop being a one trick pony and grow up.

You must be ignorant then. Because I said she did mention it. But loosely and she never explained what racism she is trying over come by working hard and over achieving. She threw the race card out there but gave no examples of what she meant, either personal experience or other wise. It's as if she threw in racism because she felt she needed to because she was Black.

How am I cause of anyone's issue? Again, illogical fallacy and argument because you have No idea who I am. But what is even funnier is that you say "nobody asked for your opinion". But then state, "You were asked to explain how blacks can do everything you guys say we can do and still face racism". Which is it?
To answer that last question, it's because there are racist assholes, all over the world. The difference is that Amanda Littlejohn did make good choices, she has worked, and she has done well for herself. Has she faced racism? Probably. But when faced with it, has she decided to hate the white people and preach systemic racism is the cause of her problems. On the surface, it appears not. Personally she could be a racist and hate white people. I don't know. But what I can tell from her social media accounts is this:

She is black
She is educated
She has worked hard
Created a brand
Rearing, educating her children to do the same
She appears to be a single black mother who hasn't fallen into the trap that many single black mothers fall into
If she has faced racism, she has over come it, and she is not letting it define her or hold her and her children back.
She should be a representation and a model for the black community, but doesn't appear that way. That is a shame.

What about you IM2?

And before you label anyone, here is something about me.
White male, raised by my white great-grandmother because my white privilege parents were idiots, who let the opportunities they had waste away because they chose poorly, and chose drugs, laziness, and alcohol over their children.
Raised on a very tight fixed income. I didn't have much, but didn't go without either. My great-grandmother raised me on faith, respect everyone, respect your elders. I didn't have parents or a family that handed me anything. I graduated high school and went on to college because I wanted better for me and a future family. I stayed away from drugs, alcohol abuse (like a good margarita) and made good life choices. I have a great career, a family, and two kids who are on the same path.
This path wasn't created because of some great white systemic path that was laid in front of me. It was because I wanted it and chose to want it. I could have been lazy, made piss poor financial choices, knocked up several woman with babies everywhere, and made other poor life choices. But I didn't. And now I reap some of those rewards. Not because I'm white or priviledged, but because I saw two lives I didn't want to repeat, so I chose a different path.
Everyday presents paths for everyone. You can choose those paths and there is no one forcing you or anyone into any one path.

You must be ignorant then. Because I said she did mention it. But loosely and she never explained what racism she is trying over come by working hard and over achieving. She threw the race card out there but gave no examples of what she meant, either personal experience or other wise. It's as if she threw in racism because she felt she needed to because she was Black.

How am I cause of anyone's issue? Again, illogical fallacy and argument because you have No idea who I am. But what is even funnier is that you say "nobody asked for your opinion". But then state, "You were asked to explain how blacks can do everything you guys say we can do and still face racism". Which is it?
To answer that last question, it's because there are racist assholes, all over the world. The difference is that Amanda Littlejohn did make good choices, she has worked, and she has done well for herself. Has she faced racism? Probably. But when faced with it, has she decided to hate the white people and preach systemic racism is the cause of her problems. On the surface, it appears not. Personally she could be a racist and hate white people. I don't know. But what I can tell from her social media accounts is this:

She is black
She is educated
She has worked hard
Created a brand
Rearing, educating her children to do the same
She appears to be a single black mother who hasn't fallen into the trap that many single black mothers fall into
If she has faced racism, she has over come it, and she is not letting it define her or hold her and her children back.
She should be a representation and a model for the black community, but doesn't appear that way. That is a shame.

What about you IM2?

And before you label anyone, here is something about me.
White male, raised by my white great-grandmother because my white privilege parents were idiots, who let the opportunities they had waste away because they chose poorly, and chose drugs, laziness, and alcohol over their children.
Raised on a very tight fixed income. I didn't have much, but didn't go without either. My great-grandmother raised me on faith, respect everyone, respect your elders. I didn't have parents or a family that handed me anything. I graduated high school and went on to college because I wanted better for me and a future family. I stayed away from drugs, alcohol abuse (like a good margarita) and made good life choices. I have a great career, a family, and two kids who are on the same path.
This path wasn't created because of some great white systemic path that was laid in front of me. It was because I wanted it and chose to want it. I could have been lazy, made piss poor financial choices, knocked up several woman with babies everywhere, and made other poor life choices. But I didn't. And now I reap some of those rewards. Not because I'm white or priviledged, but because I saw two lives I didn't want to repeat, so I chose a different path.
Everyday presents paths for everyone. You can choose those paths and there is no one forcing you or anyone into any one path.
I'm not asking your history. I have not said you were the cause of anything. I have asked for an explanation as to why blacks can do everything you guys claim we need to do and still get racism.

And no right wing white here seems unable to explain. I get all kinds of lectures from people who practice racism telling me how racism isn't the problem, the usual dumb claims about black crime and unwed mothers, opinions of what blacks need to do according to racists, films of a black person behaving badly(as if whites don't), anything but an explanation from whites as to why whites deny blacks who do everything you say we should do only becaue they are black.

This is par for the course here. Right wing whites are full of opinions about what others need to do but refuse to take responsibility for their racist behavior.

This is par for the course here. Right wing whites are full of opinions about what others need to do but refuse to take responsibility for their racist behavior
Funny how you make these accusations but are perpetually unaware of how you lecture white people with your daily hate threads.

Good Allah you're a miserable soul.

I'm not asking your history. I have not said you were the cause of anything. I have asked for an explanation as to why blacks can do everything you guys claim we need to do and still get racism.

And no right wing white here seems unable to explain. I get all kinds of lectures from people who practice racism telling me how racism isn't the problem, the usual dumb claims about black crime and unwed mothers, opinions of what blacks need to do according to racists, films of a black person behaving badly(as if whites don't), anything but an explanation from whites as to why whites deny blacks who do everything you say we should do only becaue they are black.

This is par for the course here. Right wing whites are full of opinions about what others need to do but refuse to take responsibility for their racist behavior.
Where did the successful woman experience racism? She talked about her accomplishments, nothing about being held back by racists. If people work hard and surround themselves in a good environment, they can succeed. Why do you ASSume they don’t achieve what whites do? Are you comparing experience, education, tenure, motivation, in other words, everything equal between people of different races with the same exact career? People also have equal abilities but work at different companies in different locations and don’t make equal pay. Too many scenarios to blame it on race.

Why do I know plenty black people who are successful?
Of course when blacks wear saggy pants and speak ebonics that success rate drops like a stone.

What is the guy's name? What company did he work for? The whole narrative sounds a little suspicious to me, to be quite honest, because no large company leaves hiring up to one person. They usually hire by committee.

He also claims that he's an "engineering manager". But in most companies, resumes are screened by Applicant Tracking Software, before Human Resources picks out the best resumes to send to a manager to review. HR has also usually called to do an initial phone screen. It would strike me that a company that had a robust diversity policy would have someone in HR noticed that the prick boss is rejected qualified black candidates that HR has already vetted.

But let's say this guy is a real person, and his statement was quoted accurately. (It does not appear in your article, by the way, so I'm not sure where you got it from). Why does he have that attitude.

Could it be that he had a couple of Affirmative Action Hires foisted on him, they turned out to be kind of useless because of poor work attitudes and they then turned out to be impossible to fire because of fears of lawsuits?

Um, because life isn't fair? I can tell you that I feel I did everything society told me to do and more. I went out and got a college education. I never had any more serious problem with the law than a traffic ticket. I went above and beyond and even served my country in the armed forces.

And yet I have still had to deal with more than my share of idiot bosses, toxic work environments, and fear-based management.

Maybe it's your attitude. Frankly, you sound like you have a big old chip on your shoulder, and frankly, I'd be wary of working with you. I'd be double checking my words every day with you to make sure you didn't go whining to human resources.

What is the guy's name? What company did he work for? The whole narrative sounds a little suspicious to me, to be quite honest, because no large company leaves hiring up to one person. They usually hire by committee.

He also claims that he's an "engineering manager". But in most companies, resumes are screened by Applicant Tracking Software, before Human Resources picks out the best resumes to send to a manager to review. HR has also usually called to do an initial phone screen. It would strike me that a company that had a robust diversity policy would have someone in HR noticed that the prick boss is rejected qualified black candidates that HR has already vetted.

But let's say this guy is a real person, and his statement was quoted accurately. (It does not appear in your article, by the way, so I'm not sure where you got it from). Why does he have that attitude.

Could it be that he had a couple of Affirmative Action Hires foisted on him, they turned out to be kind of useless because of poor work attitudes and they then turned out to be impossible to fire because of fears of lawsuits?
Do you think every little mom and pop business has a big human resources department, or that construction superintendents don't have total control over who they hire?

Do you think every little mom and pop business has a big human resources department, or that construction superintendents don't have total control over who they hire?

IMAVICTIM wasn't talking about that. He was talking about a supposed Engineering Manager who despite working at a company with Diversity Policies, rejected anyone with a Ghetto name out of hand.

While I am sure this DOES happen, (A study found resumes with black names were less likely to get callbacks than white names), I'm a little dubious of his claim because it is an unsourced and unnamed person who blatantly admits to breaking the law and his own company's policies. I suspect it's more likely that such rejections are unconscious. If you have a nice sounding name, you are more likely to get a callback.

Because there are racist assholes. That's why. For some reason, there are idiots, of ever color, that raise their children to be racists, or there are impressionable people who, for some reason, get caught up in nationalism and into racism. It's a shame. But the problem is that there is a narrative that many, such as yourself, have accepted this narrative of systemic racism and that all white people, regardless of their own personal history need to feel shamed and continue to contribute to racism. That's a false narrative that many have bought into.

Again, you label, incorrectly what you think and ASSume you know about people. Just because someone has an opinion on a socioeconomic situation, that you disagree with, doesn't make them a racist. But you seem to take that road. Which discredits you, largely, and even completely. There whites that are terrible people, no one isn't saying other wise. But the data and statistics show crime rates and who commits them. You ignore them entirely and excuse them away, which only invalidates you even more. Do you actually understand that? In any debate class or any paper that you are to write that asks you to examine and argue for a specific point, you must provide facts and data that comes from peer reviewed articles, journals and reliable, unbiased sources. You do understand that, right? As soon as you throw in your emotion, opinions, you invalidate your paper. You are that person IM2. You refuse to accept facts and data. You live in a narrative that is created by racism and hate.

Here is where I stand with you:
You are either crazy and have mental issues, and therefore, you can't be taken seriously. Which explains your inability to have reasonable and rational discourse.

Or

You are a troll. This might be worse because you may actually believe and understand some of the arguments and counter points, yet you choose to ignore them on this forum and therefore like to get a rise out of people on the internet. Therefore, see the above.

Um, because life isn't fair? I can tell you that I feel I did everything society told me to do and more. I went out and got a college education. I never had any more serious problem with the law than a traffic ticket. I went above and beyond and even served my country in the armed forces.

And yet I have still had to deal with more than my share of idiot bosses, toxic work environments, and fear-based management.

Maybe it's your attitude. Frankly, you sound like you have a big old chip on your shoulder, and frankly, I'd be wary of working with you. I'd be double checking my words every day with you to make sure you didn't go whining to human resources.
He only cares about the lives of black people.

Forum List

Back