Zone1 Explain This

factless opinions
Okay explain this racism:
88F5ACE8-C5D5-4E22-A448-D6A06423C73B.jpeg

Okay explain this racism:
View attachment 727123
Explain why blacks can do everything you guys claim we need to do and still face racism. This thread is not about your ignorant factless opinions about blacks, black crime, Asians or everything else you guys do to avoid discussing the impact of white racism. So any and all off topic posts will be reported from the start. So you have two choices, explain why blacks do everything you guys say we need to do but still face white racism, or don't post in this thread.

In discussing race in this forum we see all kinds of stereotyped factless comments coming primarily from the right. The common claim is that if blacks got motivated, educated, and worked hard we can succeed because white racism isn't the problem. Here we see an example of blacks doing everything that right wingers say blacks should do and still racism limited their opportunities.

I pushed my kids to succeed academically to escape racism. But it doesn't work that way

Moms everywhere are suffering from burnout. But Black mom burnout is different. As a Black mother to two teenage sons and a toddler daughter, I find myself wondering: Will my children be perceived as a threat and cut down in their prime because of their race? Will they miss out because they’re invisible to whoever is passing out the opportunities? Do they have to be perceived as perfect to get any chance to seize their dreams?

Many people of color often turn to the one tool we have in our own shed — the instinct to try to outwork any negative perceptions of us, to tackle the questions that haunt us like the spirits of our ancestors. We’re taught to overwork to prove ourselves beyond the reach of racism and to render racist stereotypes unbelievable or even laughable.

But is this tendency to overwork — and our tendency to encourage our children to do the same — an attempt to outrun systemic issues beyond our control?

Growing up in Tennessee, I was taught working hard was the key to everything — happiness, upward mobility and rising above racism in the South. And while I consider my work ethic one of my greatest gifts, it seems the neat equation of “racism + hard work = less discrimination” doesn’t always add up.

“Work twice as hard to get half as much” was the mantra many of us were raised on, but it is considered by most Black moms today to be played-out advice from our parents’ generation. Despite that, racism and its effects haven’t expired, and in many ways, they’ve been given new life in this era.

Op-Ed: I pushed my kids to succeed academically to escape racism. But it doesn't work that way

The problem with those who call themselves in opposition is the fact that they believe things that do not apply to the way blacks are raised. Perhaps if you are white and don't put in the effort, you will not not suceed. Perhaps if you are white and don't focus on education you will fail. But when we as blacks try talking to you about this you need to stop pretending that white racism is not a hurdle. Whites do not face this:

“I can say for sure that happens because I did it. Before retirement, I was an Engineer. For the last 20 years of my career, I was a Manager and Director and I hired hundreds of people. I reviewed well over a thousand resumes for all kinds of positions. Everything from Secretaries to Engineering Managers. Both Salary and Hourly. I always culled out the resumes with Black Ethnic names. Never shortlisted anybody with a Black Ethnic name. Never hired them.” Since the Fortune 50 company I worked for had a stupid “affirmative action” hiring policies I never mentioned it to anybody and I always got away with it. A couple of times I was instructed to improve my departmental “diversity” demographics but I always ignored it and never got into any trouble. My stereotype is that anybody with a stupid ghetto Black ethnic name is probably worthless. I could have been wrong a couple of times but I was also probably right 99% of the time. Glad I did it. I would do it again.”

So explain why blacks can do everything you guys claim we need to do and still face racism. This thread is not about your ignorant factless opinions about blacks, black crime, Asians or everything else you guys do to avoid discussing the impact of white racism. So any and all off topic posts will be reported from the start. So you have two choices, explain why blacks do everything you guys say we need to do but still face white racism, or don't post in this thread.

Find some of these folks and ask them how that advise worked for them.
  • Approximately 6.4% of people who are Black, college-educated, and middle-aged are estimated to be or to become millionaires.
    About 13% of the U.S. population is Black or African American.

Hate to break it to you but blacks aren’t the only ones that face difficulties in life. Every road block isn’t automatically “systemic racism”. White people get pulled over by cops too.
Sure, Whites get pulled over too, but in a 1 to 5 ratio. There is no difference between blacks and whites as far as following the rules of the road.

OMG, someone might have disrespected IM2 once causing her to see racism everywhere. She spews her hate for whites to her children & students perpetuation the cycle of harm to them & society.

This is IM2's Daughter

Sure, Whites get pulled over too, but in a 1 to 5 ratio. There is no difference between blacks and whites as far as following the rules of the road.
The diversion he is attempting is not addressing the explanation that has been requested.

Disagreeing with facts is silly. You have been asked to explain how blacks can do everything you guys claim we need to do and still get screwed over by racism.

Oh, boy, here we go again.

In discussing race in this forum we see all kinds of stereotyped factless comments coming primarily from the right. The common claim is that if blacks got motivated, educated, and worked hard we can succeed because white racism isn't the problem. Here we see an example of blacks doing everything that right wingers say blacks should do and still racism limited their opportunities.

I pushed my kids to succeed academically to escape racism. But it doesn't work that way

Okay.. I am going to have to break this to you gently...

Life isn't fair! You are always going to run into your share of people who aren't going to like your race, your body shape, your lack of hair. Life is always kinder to pretty people than ugly ones. Do we need to have affirmative action for the ugly?

Moms everywhere are suffering from burnout. But Black mom burnout is different. As a Black mother to two teenage sons and a toddler daughter, I find myself wondering: Will my children be perceived as a threat and cut down in their prime because of their race? Will they miss out because they’re invisible to whoever is passing out the opportunities? Do they have to be perceived as perfect to get any chance to seize their dreams?

Okay, let's get real here. A young black man has a far better chance of being cut down by another black person than by a white cop. Reform our police? 100% with you. But now you have cops less willing to engage, you got rid of stop and frisk, you decriminalized property crimes, and the murder rate has shot up!

Very few of us get to work our "Dreams". We usually find something we are good at and settle for that. But that involves having a work ethic and learning to put up with a certain level of bullshit.

Many people of color often turn to the one tool we have in our own shed — the instinct to try to outwork any negative perceptions of us, to tackle the questions that haunt us like the spirits of our ancestors. We’re taught to overwork to prove ourselves beyond the reach of racism and to render racist stereotypes unbelievable or even laughable.

But is this tendency to overwork — and our tendency to encourage our children to do the same — an attempt to outrun systemic issues beyond our control?

Here's the problem. There's no such thing as "overworking".

“I can say for sure that happens because I did it. Before retirement, I was an Engineer. For the last 20 years of my career, I was a Manager and Director and I hired hundreds of people. I reviewed well over a thousand resumes for all kinds of positions. Everything from Secretaries to Engineering Managers. Both Salary and Hourly. I always culled out the resumes with Black Ethnic names. Never shortlisted anybody with a Black Ethnic name. Never hired them.” Since the Fortune 50 company I worked for had a stupid “affirmative action” hiring policies I never mentioned it to anybody and I always got away with it. A couple of times I was instructed to improve my departmental “diversity” demographics but I always ignored it and never got into any trouble. My stereotype is that anybody with a stupid ghetto Black ethnic name is probably worthless. I could have been wrong a couple of times but I was also probably right 99% of the time. Glad I did it. I would do it again.”

So, um, maybe stop giving your kids dumb ethnic names. The thing is, up until the 1970's or so, no one gave their kids dumb names like Jamal and Lakeisha. They gave them the same "Christian" names than white people had. Mike Washington is probably going to a pretty normal work ethic. Jamal Washington is going to come in with a chip on his shoulder.

So explain why blacks can do everything you guys claim we need to do and still face racism. This thread is not about your ignorant factless opinions about blacks, black crime, Asians or everything else you guys do to avoid discussing the impact of white racism. So any and all off topic posts will be reported from the start. So you have two choices, explain why blacks do everything you guys say we need to do but still face white racism, or don't post in this thread.

Well, because frankly, you don't do everything we say. That's the thing.
I know you like to pretend Asians aren't a thing, but they face a lot of the same racism blacks do, but they don't have kids out of wedlock, they don't give them stupid names. (In fact, they give them Americanized names or adopt Americanized names).

Disagreeing with facts is silly. You have been asked to explain how blacks can do everything you guys claim we need to do and still get screwed over by racism.

Maybe because they aren't. I've been screwed over at least once by Affirmative Action. Probably dozens of times I don't know about. And here's what I did. I brushed it off and just went to the next interview and then I got the next job.

No. I am asking the whites here who have so much to say to explain why do blacks who do everything you guys claim we should do still get screwed over by racism.

Um, because you are going to get screwed over by something at some point in your life. I could look at my resume and point out how each employer I've had since I left the Army screwed me over. Heck, I can even throw the Army onto that list.

You just have to learn to deal with it and NOT go through life with a big old chip on your shoulder.

The job that cured me of Republican stupidity was 14 years ago. (Wow, how time flies). Worked hard for that company for 6 years. But then I had a medical issue that ran up a lot of insurance bills. (Not a lot of lost work time, but there was a whole year I needed a walker to get around.) Well, when the managers lost our biggest account, and there was a major reorganization, I was screwed over in the reorg while the girl with no experience wasn't? Why. Combination of nepotism, office politics and a manager who liked to screw over employees with medical issues. The Dumb shit even open said I was "too old" to retrain (at 46!)

Now, yeah, this DID change my attitudes on politics and capitalism. It didn't change how I approach work. Worked for the next company for seven years, and they really weren't a lot better.

This thread shows that racism is a problem. So just move on because your opinion does not matter. You were asked to explain why blacks do everything you guys say and still face racism. This is not about what white people face according to you.
I dont see any white people randomly attacking black people with machetes, hammers and hatchets, do you? You dont have a fucking clue what its like to live with the threat of REAL racism. Black people arent murdered for their race, but whites asians and jews sure as fuck are.

No. I am asking the whites here who have so much to say to explain why do blacks who do everything you guys claim we should do still get screwed over by racism.

What makes you think blacks are unique in that respect. All races work for the American dream and as my link demonstrates, Asians are actually the most successful at attaining it. Just because you play by the rules, it doesn't mean you'll always win. Everyone is the sum total of their own decisions, some make better ones than others. Just having tools doesn't make a person an expert craftsman, that is determined by how you use those tools. I've known people of all races that have made a lot of money over their careers. They didn't have the knowledge on how to manage what they had and wound up with virtually nothing.

The invers is also true, you can make very little and if you manage it properly you can end up being very wealthy. A case in point, I had an uncle that started with nothing, he worked a minor job, he wasn't college educated, yet he started out buying cars that needed repair, he fixed them up an resold them for a small profit. Eventually he started a used car lot, and before he died, he had owned several factory dealerships and was a multimillionaire. So stop blaming peoples personal poor decisions on racism, just about anyone could do what my uncle did if they are committed.

Cut a restitution check for all the looting, theft, and property damage blacks have done since '67 and we will talk about the rest.....What, you think that whites have forgot about that? I remember seeing DC glow red in the east in '68.

OP you should use this handy-dandy chart....It covers all your bases as far as the social construct of "racism" goes.

90b.jpg

Last edited:
I dont see any white people randomly attacking black people with machetes, hammers and hatchets, do you? You dont have a fucking clue what its like to live with the threat of REAL racism. Black people arent murdered for their race, but whites asians and jews sure as fuck are.

As I said, There is no difference between blacks and whites as far as following the rules of the road.

Bullshit.
White people take care of their business when owning a vehicle.
They keep inspection stickers current,always have insurance,dont drive around with broken tail lights,and they most certainly dont drive around smoking weed knowing they have an infraction on their vehicle.

Forum List

Back