Conservative Federal Judge J. Michael Luttig (RET): There Is No Republican Party

In 2005 Ruper was decided, juvenile executions violated the 8th amendment

What the judge advocated was wrong, and illegal..he’s free to give his opinion again today on the law, but take it for what it’s worth

It’s seems he will ignore the law, or at least his views will be blurred, when retrabution is on his mind

I am sure why you think denying a writ of habeas corpus in 2002 makes you think you are right on juvenile executions…do you even know what a writ of habeas corpus is? They didn’t say that juvenile executions didn’t violate the constitution.
When he gave his impact statement, it WAS NOT AGAINST THE LAW.

FOX misled you again.

Move on.

It was a 5-4 decision. Guess which justices were against it!
Well we know the judge that the OP is endorcing supported it.

He was wrong about the law then, he’s free to give his opinion on other issues, such as the 14th amendment, but let’s just remember how wrong he was on executing juveniles as you all champion his opinion in this thread

When he gave his impact statement, it WAS NOT AGAINST THE LAW.

FOX misled you again.

Move on.
Sure it was. that’s like saying seperate but equal was perfectly ok because Brown wasn’t decided yet…now I get you are part of the demklan and xiden supporter so you do think that’s ok…but it wasn’t before Brown, the courts simply stated it

Not sure what Fox has to do with this…you are the only one talking about fox

Well we know the judge that the OP is endorcing supported it.

He was wrong about the law then, he’s free to give his opinion on other issues, such as the 14th amendment, but let’s just remember how wrong he was on executing juveniles as you all champion his opinion in this thread
And do you respect Clarence Thomas? Or Scalia?

And do you respect Clarence Thomas? Or Scalia?
Scalia? He’s dead…how did he comment on Trump being able to run based on the 14th? Are you speaking to dead people?

And what has Thomas said about it?

I never said I didn’t respect this judge, nor did I say he’s not entitled to his opinion?

Marener Yep I lost a lot, didn’t say I didn’t respect him, in fact you have to have respect to lose some of it

I did…I can’t find where anyone actually provided a quote from trump…

Much like you.

Why is that?
Who said I can’t find a quote? You can’t because you haven’t really looked.

Sure it was. that’s like saying seperate but equal was perfectly ok because Brown wasn’t decided yet…now I get you are part of the demklan and xiden supporter so you do think that’s ok…but it wasn’t before Brown, the courts simply stated it

Not sure what Fox has to do with this…you are the only one talking about fox
that’s like saying seperate but equal was perfectly ok because Brown wasn’t decided yet
No, it isn't.

Authoritarianism Expert Predicts Why The GOP Will Implode, For Good

Authoritarianism expert Ruth Ben-Ghiat thinks the GOP’s increasingly extreme positions can only backfire on the party.

It’s a “very scary and sad time for America,” the history professor at New York University and author of “Strongmen: Mussolini to the Present” acknowledged on the latest episode of the Daily Beast podcast “The New Abnormal.”

The GOP is now an autocratic entity, hollowed out and in its “bunker stage” with its fervent support of former President Donald Trump, she argued.

But things can only go one way for Republicans, who are “so out of step with popular desires,” the academic said.

“This is why ― what Trump calls ‘The Final Battle’ ― they’re going to try no matter what to get back into the White House so they can shut down democracy, because they know that otherwise they won’t ever be able to legally win again,” Ben-Ghiat said.

Sounds good to me! Let us hope...

Authoritarianism expert Ruth Ben-Ghiat thinks the GOP’s increasingly extreme positions can only backfire on the party.

It’s a “very scary and sad time for America,” the history professor at New York University and author of “Strongmen: Mussolini to the Present” acknowledged on the latest episode of the Daily Beast podcast “The New Abnormal.”

The GOP is now an autocratic entity, hollowed out and in its “bunker stage” with its fervent support of former President Donald Trump, she argued.

But things can only go one way for Republicans, who are “so out of step with popular desires,” the academic said.

“This is why ― what Trump calls ‘The Final Battle’ ― they’re going to try no matter what to get back into the White House so they can shut down democracy, because they know that otherwise they won’t ever be able to legally win again,” Ben-Ghiat said.

Sounds good to me! Let us hope...

1693947960818.png

Amen!

Forum List

Back