Evidence=Putin

Peach

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2009
Obama decries shoot-down of Malaysian jet - CNN.com

President Barack Obama warned Friday of a difficult, murky and complicated investigation into the apparent downing of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17, calling the shoot-down an "outrage of unspeakable proportions" and scolding Russia for training and equipping rebels who U.S. intelligence agencies say appear responsible for the attack.
In the administration's strongest words yet on the downing of the jet, which left 298 people dead, Obama said the pro-Russian fighters couldn't have shot down Flight 17 or other Ukrainian military aircraft recently downed in the region "without sophisticated equipment and sophisticated training, and that is coming from Russia."
Obama said that he did not want to get ahead of the facts of who may have been directly involved in the airliner's destruction, but that the United States would work hard to hold accountable those responsible for it.
"No one can deny the truth that is revealed in the awful images that we all have seen, and the eyes of the world are on eastern Ukraine, and we are going to make sure that the truth is out," he said.

The intelligence cummunity concluded this last night, all you Putin lovers need tickets for Moscow.

Yep Putin apparently gave batshit crazy people weapons of mass destruction. I will be very disappointed if the UN doesn't charge him with war crimes.

Yep Putin apparently gave batshit crazy people weapons of mass destruction. I will be very disappointed if the UN doesn't charge him with war crimes.

I doubt this can be classified as war crimes* but there must be sanctions, "aiding & abetting" would be the legal term in the US.

*But I will not argue it isn't either.

I doubt this can be classified as war crimes* but there must be sanctions, "aiding & abetting" would be the legal term in the US.

It's irresponsible to give terrorists WMDs, especially when they turned around and used them on innocent civilians.

But yes, the EU needs to sign on to the sanctions.

There will be no charge of war crimes. Too many countries give batshit crazy people sophisticated weapons. obama will call for sanctions. The UN might also. Then europe will not agree or just ignore them. China and India, also Russian customers, won't even address the possibility.

The way to hurt Russia economically would be to drill for oil here, mine the coal and frack the gas. Depress the price of energy world wide. Now there's bite.

It's irresponsible to give terrorists WMDs, especially when they turned around and used them on innocent civilians.

If not, the US must persuade them, the EU is as dependent on the US as the individual nations.

There will be no charge of war crimes. Too many countries give batshit crazy people sophisticated weapons. obama will call for sanctions. The UN might also. Then europe will not agree or just ignore them. China and India, also Russian customers, won't even address the possibility.

The way to hurt Russia economically would be to drill for oil here, mine the coal and frack the gas. Depress the price of energy world wide. Now there's bite.

No, it would be to stop buying fuel from him and watch the ruble tumble. He wouldn't last a month. And then we could put him on trial.

If not, the US must persuade them, the EU is as dependent on the US as the individual nations.
they need to make their own minds up. Cowering to Puta isn't going to solve anything.

A SAM is not a WMD. Words mean things.

Since there is no conclusive evidence as yet, only rumour, false stories and a blame game; you lot are going to look very silly if it turns out to be Ukrainian forces.

No, it would be to stop buying fuel from him and watch the ruble tumble. He wouldn't last a month. And then we could put him on trial.

Europe refuses to stop buying Russian fuel. Now what? China and India won't recognize sanctions. Now what? Our state department has told europe that they should be prepared to make some sacrifices to punish Russia. Why? Making obama smile isn't a good enough reason.

Europe refuses to stop buying Russian fuel. Now what? China and India won't recognize sanctions. Now what? Our state department has told europe that they should be prepared to make some sacrifices to punish Russia. Why? Making obama smile isn't a good enough reason.

America is trying to sell gas to Europe, but it needs to get rid of the Russian supplies before it can get stuck in.
Tell me the Ukrainian situation isn't a lot to do with that.

they need to make their own minds up. Cowering to Puta isn't going to solve anything.

Yes, cutting off petrol dollars to Russia would hurt, and there are nations that take our 'advice' again, we lost respect with the Iraq disaster. Those years are fading in memory, Obama's wishes are tough to ignore, for some nations, lest they be accused of racism. Plus, he has 10x the brains of baby Bush.

Russia's invasion of Ukraine has already put pressure on:

G-7 Leaders Condemn Russia In Scathing Statement - Worldnews.com

The US must use the current anti-Russian sentiment.

America is trying to sell gas to Europe, but it needs to get rid of the Russian supplies before it can get stuck in.
Tell me the Ukrainian situation isn't a lot to do with that.

Amerika is still 5-7 years away from making significant LNG imports to Europe.

Since there is no conclusive evidence as yet, only rumour, false stories and a blame game; you lot are going to look very silly if it turns out to be Ukrainian forces.

Ukraine has two military forces: the terrorists and the NATION'S.

A SAM is not a WMD. Words mean things.
It caused mass destruction, therefore it is.

What evidence? Statements by the US and Ukrainian governments whose veracity is rightly questioned daily? If this plane was shot down, it most likely done so by separatists in error. I don't doubt that, but I will wait to judge until more is known.

Last edited:

It's the Russian version of 'black ops,' not unlike the way the CIA funneled weapons and money to 'anti-communists' during the Cold War.

It's the Russian version of 'black ops,' not unlike the way the CIA funneled weapons and money to 'anti-communists' during the Cold War.

Not as well hidden, I'd call 'em "light brown ops".

Forum List

Back