Everything the secular left believes can be boiled down to Pontius Pilate's question: "What is truth?"

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
Everyone knows that Christ said: "The truth will set you free."

Not as many people know about Pontius Pilate's response: "What is truth?"

Pontius Pilate did not believe there was any such thing as truth, and that is the attitude of all godless people, that there is no such thing as truth.

The disbelief in truth is responsible for so much that is wrong in the world, starting with Pontius Pilate's cowardly decision to brutally whip and crucify a man he knew was innocent.

Pontius Pilate did not believe there was any such thing as truth, and that is the attitude of all godless people, that there is no such thing as truth.

The disbelief in truth is responsible for so much that is wrong in the world, starting with Pontius Pilate's cowardly decision to brutally whip and crucify a man he knew was innocent.
Rudy Giuliani already answered that question..the truth is not the truth

Jesus is the way the truth and the life. Lots of people aren't interested in Truth. Many of them keep asking the same question hoping to get a different answer.

Pilate was a product of that government bureaucracy. Politics mattered. We understand the concept of the scientific method in modern times. And, he left it to the People in that volatile region. No riots afterward on that one.

In a Revelation to Joseph Smith, the Lord revealed the following regarding truth:

Doctrine and Covenants 93:23-28
23 Ye were also in the beginning with the Father; that which is Spirit, even the Spirit of truth;
24 And truth is knowledge of things as they are, and as they were, and as they are to come;
25 And whatsoever is more or less than this is the spirit of that wicked one who was a liar from the beginning.
26 The Spirit of truth is of God. I am the Spirit of truth, and John bore record of me, saying: He received a fulness of truth, yea, even of all truth;
27 And no man receiveth a fulness unless he keepeth his commandments.
28 He that keepeth his commandments receiveth truth and light, until he is glorified in truth and knoweth all things.

Jesus said, "the truth will set you free" to the Jews, not to Pilate (Jn 8:31-32). Jesus gave no answer to Pilate’s inquiry about truth (Jn 18:37-38), almost as if Pilate were not entitled to know (at least, not from Jesus' mouth). After all, Jesus came only for the house of Israel, as he told the Syrophoenician woman. He came to save his people from their sins (Mt 1:21).

I don't disagree that the work of his apostles extended to other nations, and maybe later in his life, Pilate had an encounter with this work. I don't see him as unsympathetic, at any rate. He even honored the Jewish Passover, releasing a petty criminal in observance of that day.

Please tell us, what this Jesus of yours, would have to say, about your new Lord Trump? Would Christ praise and support him too and encourage you to model yourselves after Trump?

Just curious if you've actually thought this through??

Please tell us, what this Jesus of yours, would have to say, about your new Lord Trump? Would Christ praise and support him too and encourage you to model yourselves after Trump?

Just curious if you've actually thought this through??
Sure. Mr. Trump is not Lord. He is President. As such he is involved in national affairs, not personal affairs. We do not model our personal affairs after President Trump's personal affairs because in our personal affairs we follow one God, one Redeemer to create peace and a loving environment in our own home, community, and workplace.

Recall Luke 12:13 when someone in the crowd called out, "Lord, tell my brother to share the inheritance with me," and Jesus responded, "Who appointed me your judge and arbitrator?" Jesus speaks to the individual, not the family, not the community, not the nation.

I very much doubt anyone of the electorate's personal lives changed because a certain man became President or a certain woman became Secretary of State. Any changes occur within the nation: The economy, the job market, trade, war with other nations, taxes--none of which makes a whisper of difference to a person's ability to love and care for the people around them, to bring peace, not quarrels into our homes and places of work. People of faith look to God as the source, the font for that love and peace.

We look to God to for the wisdom to run our personal lives; we elect a person to run our nation. Fair warning to Democrats who have been dabbling into running our lives: Not only will they be kicked out of our personal lives, but quite possibly out of running the nation as well.

Forum List

Back