God is Love, seems to be setting a low bar for Love? Right?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

Should, Yahweh is Love, be read as, Yahweh is Hate?

God is as dualistic as the universe is.

Yin and Yang compliment each other but one side is perceived as dominant in our subjective views.

Most Christians think Yahweh to be good, but many in both the believer and non-believer camps disagree.

Reality also disagrees.

I see more hate in Yahweh than love.

Do you?

Regards
DL

I see more hate in Yahweh than love
That's because you are of your father, the devil

Not quite correct as Yahweh is shown to be the father of lies. Do you think he has a co-creator?

You are of little faith if you do.

Reading scriptures are where I learned good and evil.

It shows Yahweh to be a genocidal prick.

Tell us, if you can, what you find adorable in a genocidal prick?

Or was this garbage the limit to your intelligence?

Regards
DL

Greatestiam is an idiot looking for attention.
Surely you can do better than this garbage you're posting.

I am, but so few Christians know how to apologetics, argue or debate, --- and keep running away the moment morals or core traits of Yahweh's become an issue.

Too many Christian losers know they are losers and just troll these days.

They tuck their genocidal garbage god behind their supernatural shield, and run away. Pathetic bunch of demonstrable liars.

Just like your pathetic response is partly proving.

Go away and learn how to post instead of just conceding defeat.

Regards
DL

Yin and Yang compliment each other but one side is perceived as dominant in our subjective views.

Most Christians think Yahweh to be good, but many in both the believer and non-believer camps disagree.

Reality also disagrees.

Do you?

Regards
DL
Maimonides responds...

It must be admitted as a fact that it cannot be said of God that He directly creates evil, or He has the direct intention to produce evil; this is impossible His works are all perfectly good. He only produces existence, and all existence is good. God is perfect goodness, and that all that comes from Him is absolutely good. Consequently the true work of God is all good, since it is existence. ALL the great evils which men cause to each other because of certain intentions, desires, opinions, or religious principles, are likewise due to non-existence, because they originate in ignorance, which is absence of wisdom. The numerous evils to which individual persons are exposed are due to the defects existing in the persons themselves. We suffer from the evils which we, by our own free will, inflict on ourselves and ascribe them to God, who is far from being connected with them. Man himself is the author of this class of evils. The error of the ignorant goes so far as to say that God's power is insufficient, because He has given to this Universe the properties which they imagine cause these great evils.

I am, but so few Christians know how to apologetics, argue or debate, --- and keep running away the moment morals or core traits of Yahweh's become an issue.

They tuck their genocidal garbage god behind their supernatural shield, and run away. Pathetic bunch of demonstrable liars.

Regards
DL
With infinite power God could always create something better. But with infinite wisdom and goodness God freely willed to create a world "in a state of journeying" towards its ultimate perfection. In God's plan this process of becoming involves the appearance of certain beings and the disappearance of others, the existence of the more perfect alongside the less perfect, both constructive and destructive forces of nature. With physical good there exists also physical evil as long as creation has not reached perfection.

For almighty God. . ., because he is supremely good, would never allow any evil whatsoever to exist in his works if he were not so all-powerful and good as to cause good to emerge from evil itself.

In time you may discover that God in his almighty providence can bring a good from the consequences of an evil, even a moral evil, caused by his creatures: "It was not you", said Joseph to his brothers, "who sent me here, but God. . . You meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive." From the greatest moral evil ever committed - the rejection and murder of God's only Son, caused by the sins of all men - God, by his grace that "abounded all the more", brought the greatest of goods: the glorification of Christ and our redemption. But for all that, evil never becomes a good.

We know that in everything God works for good for those who love him. The constant witness of the saints confirms this truth.

God is using you. What you intend for evil, God is using for good.

Reality also disagrees.

Do you?

Regards
DL
Maimonides responds...

It must be admitted as a fact that it cannot be said of God that He directly creates evil, or He has the direct intention to produce evil; this is impossible His works are all perfectly good. He only produces existence, and all existence is good. God is perfect goodness, and that all that comes from Him is absolutely good. Consequently the true work of God is all good, since it is existence. ALL the great evils which men cause to each other because of certain intentions, desires, opinions, or religious principles, are likewise due to non-existence, because they originate in ignorance, which is absence of wisdom. The numerous evils to which individual persons are exposed are due to the defects existing in the persons themselves. We suffer from the evils which we, by our own free will, inflict on ourselves and ascribe them to God, who is far from being connected with them. Man himself is the author of this class of evils. The error of the ignorant goes so far as to say that God's power is insufficient, because He has given to this Universe the properties which they imagine cause these great evils.

I agree. Yahweh is evil.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
With infinite power God could always create something better. But with infinite wisdom and goodness God freely willed to create a world "in a state of journeying" towards its ultimate perfection. In God's plan this process of becoming involves the appearance of certain beings and the disappearance of others, the existence of the more perfect alongside the less perfect, both constructive and destructive forces of nature. With physical good there exists also physical evil as long as creation has not reached perfection.

For almighty God. . ., because he is supremely good, would never allow any evil whatsoever to exist in his works if he were not so all-powerful and good as to cause good to emerge from evil itself.

In time you may discover that God in his almighty providence can bring a good from the consequences of an evil, even a moral evil, caused by his creatures: "It was not you", said Joseph to his brothers, "who sent me here, but God. . . You meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive." From the greatest moral evil ever committed - the rejection and murder of God's only Son, caused by the sins of all men - God, by his grace that "abounded all the more", brought the greatest of goods: the glorification of Christ and our redemption. But for all that, evil never becomes a good.

We know that in everything God works for good for those who love him. The constant witness of the saints confirms this truth.

Your imagination is infinite.

It is like talking to a child.

Regards
DL

Reality also disagrees.

Do you?

Regards
DL
Maimonides responds...

I agree. Yahweh is evil.

Regards
DL
You're an atheist. You don't believe God exists so you can't believe God is evil, dummy.

Regards
DL

Your imagination is infinite.

It is like talking to a child.

Regards
DL
It must be hard for you getting beat by a child all of the time. :lol:

I see more hate in Yahweh than love
That's because you are of your father, the devil

Not quite correct as Yahweh is shown to be the father of lies. Do you think he has a co-creator?

You are of little faith if you do.

Reading scriptures are where I learned good and evil.

It shows Yahweh to be a genocidal prick.

Tell us, if you can, what you find adorable in a genocidal prick?

Or was this garbage the limit to your intelligence?

Regards
DL
You really need to get a grip. God doesn't practice genocide. People die because of sin. GOD never lied. Show me where GOD lied.

Reality also disagrees.

Do you?

Regards
DL
Maimonides responds...

I agree. Yahweh is evil.

Regards
DL
SEE JONAH Chapter 4
4 But to Jonah this seemed very wrong, and he became angry. 2 He prayed to the Lord, “Isn’t this what I said, Lord, when I was still at home? That is what I tried to forestall by fleeing to Tarshish. I knew that you are a gracious and compassionate God, slow to anger and abounding in love, a God who relents from sending calamity. 3 Now, Lord, take away my life, for it is better for me to die than to live.”

4 But the Lord replied, “Is it right for you to be angry?”

5 Jonah had gone out and sat down at a place east of the city. There he made himself a shelter, sat in its shade and waited to see what would happen to the city. 6 Then the Lord God provided a leafy plant and made it grow up over Jonah to give shade for his head to ease his discomfort, and Jonah was very happy about the plant. 7 But at dawn the next day God provided a worm, which chewed the plant so that it withered. 8 When the sun rose, God provided a scorching east wind, and the sun blazed on Jonah’s head so that he grew faint. He wanted to die, and said, “It would be better for me to die than to live.”

9 But God said to Jonah, “Is it right for you to be angry about the plant?”
“It is,” he said. “And I’m so angry I wish I were dead.”

10 But the Lord said, “You have been concerned about this plant, though you did not tend it or make it grow. It sprang up overnight and died overnight. 11 And should I not have concern for the great city of Nineveh, in which there are more than a hundred and twenty thousand people who cannot tell their right hand from their left—and also many animals?”

YOU simply have no clue and I doubt that you ever read the Bible from cover to cover. GOD is love. Listening to you, I see a very self-centered, nasty, and spoiled individual. In this 4th chapter of Jonah, we see GOD is concerned and forgiving and educates. GOD is none of the things you say HE is. Face it, GOD cares so much that HE even created a place for people like yourself so they can exist forever totally without GOD whom you seemingly loathe. Why be mad at GOD. What exactly have you ever done for him?

Forum List

Back