Even Bill Clinton does not think they should raise taxes on the rich in this economy

Lots and lots and LOTS of tpeople that I have no doubt YOU THINK hate the rich and want to conduct CLASS war, agree with BC about this.

MOST of the Keynesians economists ALSO agree that raising taxces right now is foolish, too.

And your surprise about this POV is largely resulting from your ignorance about what most people (who you imagine are communists or something) really are thinking, I suspect.

It's NOT the Black v White world you've been told it is, kiddo.

You'd never know it by what some of the left-wing hacks on this board say. I'm not surprised Clinton thinks this. I'm just surprised he said it.

Clinton, unlike Obama and most of the liberals on this board, understands that the economy expanded under his Presidency because of the Dot Com boom not because he raised taxes. He also understands that raising taxes now would further dampen the economy. You see, Slick Willie wasn't just an ideologue...he actually understood economics.

Maybe we could get Barack to take a LONG vacation on The Vineyard and have Clinton look after the economy while he was gone?

Of course you DO understand that the reason Clinton had a balanced budget is because of BOTH the Dot Com boom AND that he raised taxes, right?
AND he cut spending. Welfare reform: that was clinton.

He did do those things, it is the cherry pickers of his words here who don't seem to get what he was and has said several times in recent past.

Doesn't mean he completely disagrees with Obama nor does he hate him. Bill speaks his mind and I agree with him most of the time, very smart man but I also know that Obama is working to bring this economy around. Not the do nothing congress.

Of course you DO understand that the reason Clinton had a balanced budget is because of BOTH the Dot Com boom AND that he raised taxes, right?
AND he cut spending. Welfare reform: that was clinton.

He did do those things, it is the cherry pickers of his words here who don't seem to get what he was and has said several times in recent past.

Doesn't mean he completely disagrees with Obama nor does he hate him. Bill speaks his mind and I agree with him most of the time, very smart man but I also know that Obama is working to bring this economy around. Not the do nothing congress.

well.... I don't think he likes Obama either way.

Clinton, unlike Obama and most of the liberals on this board, understands that the economy expanded under his Presidency because of the Dot Com boom not because he raised taxes. He also understands that raising taxes now would further dampen the economy. You see, Slick Willie wasn't just an ideologue...he actually understood economics.

Maybe we could get Barack to take a LONG vacation on The Vineyard and have Clinton look after the economy while he was gone?

You got that right. On his worst day Clinton was a better POTUS than that dimwit in chief we have right now.

As for Barry's "job" bill. The one that has to be passed NOW, NOW, NOW?

Perhaps Barry should speak with his Dem Senate? You know the ones who are holding it up?? Quite a few Senators are up for re-election and are looking to save their cushy jobs. After all re-election for them is way more important than a pesky "jobs" bill thats supposed to save the world. Thank God they are all about themselves.

Last edited:
I love it..Bubbas basically giving Obama the finger, at a crucial time for Obama, in a venue where he can speak to a huge audience that might not be so in tune to politics, but surely has many potential voters.

I also think Obama would love to have Hilary on the ticket, but she wouldn't piss in his mouth if his teeth were on fire.

Just love it when I see a cretin like you calling President Clinton Bubba.. :lol:

Do you do anything but talking points here? Or anywhere?

Last edited:

You got that right. On his worst day Clinton was a better POTUS than that dimwith in chief we have right now.

Perhaps Barry should speak with his Dem Senate? You know the ones who are holding it up?? Quite a few Senators are up for re-election and are looking to save their cushy jobs. After all re-election for them is way more important than a pesky "jobs" bill thats supposed to save the world. Thank God they are all about themselves.

You spelled dimwit wrong. :cuckoo:

The Dem senate voted for the bill, it was the filibuster that obstructed it yet again. I really hope your party loses votes over this shit. America wants to get people working again, they don't want obstructionism and another do nothing congress.

You got that right. On his worst day Clinton was a better POTUS than that dimwith in chief we have right now.

You spelled dimwit wrong. :cuckoo:

The Dem senate voted for the bill, it was the filibuster that obstructed it yet again. I really hope your party loses votes over this shit. America wants to get people working again, they don't want obstructionism and another do nothing congress.

Fixed it for you.

America does want to get people working again. Doubt Stimulus II will accomplish that.

And when does Obama's tax raise go into effect? Pub dupes!!

Not to the 2013 and where does it say that the economy will be changed by then HUH??? Just like in 09 when your OBUMMER said unemployment would not go above 8% if we pass the first stimulus .. We know how that came out . .STUPID democRATS:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Everyone understands the dot-com boom was the main driver of Clinton's economy.

However, it serves as proof that the higher taxes will not prevent such an economy.

You'd never know it based on all the Armageddon theories of the conservatives on this board. But then, the people who would pay more under such a proposal paid good money for your opinion.

However, it serves as proof that the higher taxes will not prevent such an economy.

You'd never know it based on all the Armageddon theories of the conservatives on this board. But then, the people who would pay more under such a proposal paid good money for your opinion.

Your right C. Only problem is there aren't any Dot-Com booms on the horizon. In fact I don't think you'll see a boom of any kind any time soon.

Raising taxes in this economy is a piss poor idea.

Last edited:

Your right C. Only problem is there aren't any Dot-Com booms on the horizon. In fact I don't think you'll see a boom of any kind any time soon.

Raising taxes in this economy is a piss poor idea.

I don't disagree.

But I do know that a. Cutting spending will cause more turmoil than raising taxes will, and b. Continuing to borrow and spend money is not a palatable solution either.

"The Republican group American Crossroads has used a quote from me in a video opposing President Obama's jobs plan and the 'Buffett Rule,'" he said in the statement provided to Politico.

"The advertisement implies that I opposed the 'Buffett Rule.' In fact, I support both the American Jobs Act and the 'Buffett Rule.' I believe that it's only fair to ask those of us in high-income groups - who have received the primary benefits of the last decade's economic growth and the majority of its tax cuts as well - to contribute to solving our long term debt problem."

And Clinton added a clarification, in case his point remained unclear.

"What I did say was that the 'Buffett Rule' cannot solve the problem alone. Reducing the debt requires three things: more economic growth, more spending cuts, and more revenue," he said.

Sounding a lot like the current president, Clinton asserted, "Right now, the most important thing is to put America back to work. That's why I support the American Jobs Act."

Clinton Endorses Obama's Jobs Bill

Lots and lots and LOTS of tpeople that I have no doubt YOU THINK hate the rich and want to conduct CLASS war, agree with BC about this.

MOST of the Keynesians economists ALSO agree that raising taxces right now is foolish, too.

And your surprise about this POV is largely resulting from your ignorance about what most people (who you imagine are communists or something) really are thinking, I suspect.

It's NOT the Black v White world you've been told it is, kiddo.

You'd never know it by what some of the left-wing hacks on this board say. I'm not surprised Clinton thinks this. I'm just surprised he said it.

There are almost no left wingers here far as I can see.

The folks on the right have been wrassling strawmen of their own device my entire lifetime.

I love it..Bubbas basically giving Obama the finger, at a crucial time for Obama, in a venue where he can speak to a huge audience that might not be so in tune to politics, but surely has many potential voters.

I also think Obama would love to have Hilary on the ticket, but she wouldn't piss in his mouth if his teeth were on fire.

Just love it when I see a cretin like you calling President Clinton Bubba.. :lol:

I wasn't affectionately reffering refferring to him as Bubba, I think it's a stupid nickname, and I think he was a very bad president.

What talking point? do you know what a talking point is?

Surprising from someone who likes claiming intellectual and moral superiority.:eek:

[Raising taxes in this economy is a piss poor idea.

Seems like only yesterday you were saying we needed to raise taxes on all the low income Americans who weren't paying any federal income tax.

Why wasn't that a 'piss poor idea'?

...because they're not RICH??

jeezus christ.

Then why are we being told you can't raise taxes on the Rich now because they won't invest and thus create jobs? The dot.com boom was CAUSED by massive, perhaps unprecedented, investment.

I support both the American Jobs Act and the 'Buffett Rule.' I believe that it's only fair to ask those of us in high-income groups - who have received the primary benefits of the last decade's economic growth and the majority of its tax cuts as well - to contribute to solving our long term debt problem." ~ President William Jefferson Clinton

Bubba is a southern nick name. It's not an insult. He's been called that since he was Gov of Arkansas.

When bill fuckingthehelp clinton, tells you not to raise taxes.

you have to know it's a bad idea.

It's always a bad idea, but clinton saying it, puts nails in the coffin and dirt on top of it.

Clinton's first major action in 1993 was to join the GOP to pass NAFTA. He's been wrong before.

I figure he's sucking up to the Rich now because he's involved in all that charity work.

When bill fuckingthehelp clinton, tells you not to raise taxes.

you have to know it's a bad idea.

It's always a bad idea, but clinton saying it, puts nails in the coffin and dirt on top of it.

Clinton's first major action in 1993 was to join the GOP to pass NAFTA. He's been wrong before.

I figure he's sucking up to the Rich now because he's involved in all that charity work.

Most, if not all, Presidents have done some dirty deeds.

billy actually cut spending, granted he fucked over the military, big time, but much of the downsize was needed.

But to bring up NAFTA, as a possible reason why to not raise taxes is silly.

Forum List

Back